Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Leather steering wheel upgrade!
Old 12-20-2014, 09:28 PM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Very nice! Congrats!! Give us your impressions vs. the 458. I'm pretty close to owning both, I may pull the trigger right after the first of the year. ENJOY!!
Old 12-20-2014, 10:44 PM
vic55
Racer

Received 756 Likes on 143 Posts

Thanks all for the kind words--- Ill post some 458 vs GT3 thoughts as I gain more time behind the wheel. Both cars are relatively new to me, the 458 is a 2014 acquired in Sept.

Originally Posted by cingulus
That must be a tough choice to pick what you should drive each morning. Congrats
I actually drive this more often than most... tuned and with the new KW suspension and sways its a beast trapping close to 130 and pulling stupid 0-60's even in the wet... and I can actually press this car in the turns since it doesnt have the terribly fluffy air suspension:

Old 01-16-2015, 09:52 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

God dammit, Vic. Here you are too. Congrats!
Old 01-17-2015, 08:12 AM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default You're screwed, so get used to it

Haha, welcome to the club!

Don't know your driving habits nor what your uses will be, but two very different cars and very different driving.

I'm admittedly a track junkie and love driving my cars.

The Ferraris is …. well a Ferrari. For me, there's no comparison when driving on the street. You won't get more people looking, honking, "thumbs upping", picture snapping, etc. than any other car. The power, the feeling on the road, the sounds, it makes your regret getting to your destination.

The problem I've found is that the Ferrari on track, lap over lap doesn't behave as well as the GT3. Not even close.

Temps, brakes, even power all diminish under heat and prolonged time on track. Also, I didn't feel it was as balanced, power to weight as the GT3. While it has 100 more horse, it felt heavier.

BTW, I noticed your Audi. You'd be very surprised how well that thing does on track too. My A8 plows in turns, but ticks the crap outta lot of cars on the straights
Old 01-17-2015, 11:12 AM
vic55
Racer

Received 756 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by est8esq
Haha, welcome to the club!

Don't know your driving habits nor what your uses will be, but two very different cars and very different driving.

I'm admittedly a track junkie and love driving my cars.

The Ferraris is …. well a Ferrari. For me, there's no comparison when driving on the street. You won't get more people looking, honking, "thumbs upping", picture snapping, etc. than any other car. The power, the feeling on the road, the sounds, it makes your regret getting to your destination.

The problem I've found is that the Ferrari on track, lap over lap doesn't behave as well as the GT3. Not even close.

Temps, brakes, even power all diminish under heat and prolonged time on track. Also, I didn't feel it was as balanced, power to weight as the GT3. While it has 100 more horse, it felt heavier.

BTW, I noticed your Audi. You'd be very surprised how well that thing does on track too. My A8 plows in turns, but ticks the crap outta lot of cars on the straights
I concur with all you have said... the GT3 is the better daily car that can be pushed to the limits than the 458 italia. As for the Audi with the add of the springs and sways it feels like true tossable car even with a 4500 curb weight. Dont get me wrong, its not a handler but I feel much more confident in the turns with this car whether it be big high speed bends or sharp cuts. But I think it might go away for a Ferrari FF. There is something about a V12 F car engine!!!

Quick Reply: Joining the Fold- Got this 2015 GT3!!