Sponsored by:

PFC Pads for 991 GT3 IN Stock

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 03:03 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GT333
sorry for the noob Q, my car will be arriving mid Jan (very excited). Will using these pads make loud squeaking noise like other racing brakes?

Probably even stock brake setups make squeaking noise right?
From MAXLTV:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamFromTX

Not yet!! With my C4S, they were very noisy on the road. On the GT3, the OEM pads were noisy like you describe but not terrible. I have about 160-180 track miles on the Pagids and a total of over 1,300 miles. Minimal noise so far. I had my mechanic put some of that very gooey pad stuff behind the pad plates to see if it helps. I don't know if that did the trick, if it's because the GT3 rotors are different, just luck or a matter of time before the squealing begins.

It's the goop that's preventing the noise. I tried a variety of track pads in different cars, including RS19 and RS29s, and basically any pad can be silent given two tings: 1) shape of the pad is correct and the pad is not moving too much; 2) all points of contact between pad and caliper/pistons are covered with ceramic goop. It's important to use ceramic one, because others tend to burn out at track. I think BMW and Porsche uses metal-based ones (bronze) by default, and those hold up for 2-6 months, depending on the number of track days. Maybe they applied something better in GT3. Ceramic ones usually lasted as much as pads. One thing that also works almost as well as goop are shims that are applied in the back side of some pads, especially the ones that are coated with something like ceramic layer on top.

In short, if pads are well-machined, this should keep them silent:

Amazon.com: Permatex 24125 Ceramic Extreme Brake Parts Lubricant, 8 oz.: Automotive
Old 12-28-2014, 10:10 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by neuroguru
From MAXLTV:

Amazon.com: Permatex 24125 Ceramic Extreme Brake Parts Lubricant, 8 oz.: Automotive
I bought some of those after I saw Max's post, to try them. I have them on now and the squealing is much much less with them, compared to whatever my Porsche tech used previously.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Actually, on my spyder the pfc11 are very quiet on track and stays that way off track until the pad deposits are scrubbed off from street driving. At that point, there is some squeal, but not ear piercing or annoying like other pads.
Agreed, the 11s are the quietest track pads I've ever run.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:51 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We used the first set from apex at Daytona and they were great. Much better than the ****ty rs29's we were forced to run. No grooving on the discs which is another pagid trait. They put up to all the abuse I could throw at them with Hoosiers and they will allow you great modulation without getting into ABS much. With street tire expect more ABS intrusion of course.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:12 AM
Clark-ApexPerformance
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

Josh,
Thanks for your report on the performance of the 11 compound
At Daytona.
Have had several calls since your post regarding price
Fronts MSRP $440 will do them for $400 delivered. Rears MSRP
$405 will do them for $360 delivered.
These prices are available from our website by using either
Rennlist or PCA as a Promocode on checkout.

ApexPerformance.net
Premier Racing Outfitters

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: chamerly@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist-10 on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor

Quick Reply: PFC Pads for 991 GT3 IN Stock