Sponsored by:

Market of used gt3

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 07:24 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by K964
Great feeler thread!!! Usually people who are gonna plunk down their $$$ on a car want to know at least some of the basics like: color, miles, options, where you are located, etc.... Don't be a chooch. Get the cobwebs out of the wallet and pony up the $17 for membership.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:07 PM
Alex Kara
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by K964
Great feeler thread!!! Usually people who are gonna plunk down their $$$ on a car want to know at least some of the basics like: color, miles, options, where you are located, etc.... Don't be a chooch. Get the cobwebs out of the wallet and pony up the $17 for membership.
why, i just wanted to have a dumb person give me 150k on my msrp without knowing anything about my car!! how do you do business?

let me be clear again incase you have trouble reading. this isn't me putting the car up for sale. I still haven't decided what i am doing with the car yet. I'm torn trying to figure it out. I just wanted to see what the market was bc i had a dealer trying to buy my car. hence why i came on here asking about the market. didn't know I had to buy a membership to ask a simple question.
clearly you have a bad taste in your mouth and decided to take it out on my post. congrats.

if i decide to sell my car because someone on here contacts me and gives me an offer that entices me to sell my car, I will happily donate to the site for introducing me to a buyer, until then i will keep asking questions. maybe i could have worded my original post better, but i was in a rush and wrote that quickly, and it seems it was misinforming.

to everyone that has helped me with the market info, i greatly appreciate it.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:13 AM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts

If optioned properly I would think that a serious buyer would give you around 95% or MSRP. If there are new cars around I would want a deal. Some of the considerations - your build/options, availability of allocations or new dealer cars, shipping required?, buyer wants/needs to trade, availability/price of similar used GT3s. You won't really know until try it. If you list it keep us posted. Be curious to know how it goes.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:45 AM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex Kara
why, i just wanted to have a dumb person give me 150k on my msrp without knowing anything about my car!! how do you do business?

let me be clear again incase you have trouble reading. this isn't me putting the car up for sale. I still haven't decided what i am doing with the car yet. I'm torn trying to figure it out. I just wanted to see what the market was bc i had a dealer trying to buy my car. hence why i came on here asking about the market. didn't know I had to buy a membership to ask a simple question.
clearly you have a bad taste in your mouth and decided to take it out on my post. congrats.

if i decide to sell my car because someone on here contacts me and gives me an offer that entices me to sell my car, I will happily donate to the site for introducing me to a buyer, until then i will keep asking questions. maybe i could have worded my original post better, but i was in a rush and wrote that quickly, and it seems it was misinforming.

to everyone that has helped me with the market info, i greatly appreciate it.
Seems rather over reactionary - troll???
Old 11-16-2014, 02:06 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

95-100% of MSRP pre tax
dep on option color miles
Old 11-16-2014, 11:38 AM
Alex Kara
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lodi
If optioned properly I would think that a serious buyer would give you around 95% or MSRP. If there are new cars around I would want a deal. Some of the considerations - your build/options, availability of allocations or new dealer cars, shipping required?, buyer wants/needs to trade, availability/price of similar used GT3s. You won't really know until try it. If you list it keep us posted. Be curious to know how it goes.
thanks, thats all that i was looking for.
thanks for the info.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:42 AM
Alex Kara
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
Seems rather over reactionary - troll???
...... yea reacting to people is so troll like.
maybe I'm just annoyed with people that like to flame others for no reason.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:09 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Today (11/16/14) on Autotrader around 40 new & used offered for sale.

Could be time for an opportunity - getting cold outside.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:11 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Hothonda
Today (11/16/14) on Autotrader around 40 new & used offered for sale. Could be time for an opportunity - getting cold outside.
I was hoping so to, but it hasn't presented itself yet.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:35 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Default GT3 auction

If anyone here is considering a pre owned GT3, contact your local dealership. There is a buyback auction happening on the 18th for some of the GT3's that were snatched up for motor swaps after the fire incidents. POrsche put new motors in them and is extending the warranty by a year. The dealership will have all the builds and mileage of each car. Highest mileage one available is 3k miles. Make the dealership an offer on one of the gently used cars and they can go try and buy the car for you. PM me if you don't have a contact and I can forward my List of the available cars and their builds. Just an FYI for those participating and or reading this thread.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:48 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ZachMartin
If anyone here is considering a pre owned GT3, contact your local dealership. There is a buyback auction happening on the 18th for some of the GT3's that were snatched up for motor swaps after the fire incidents. POrsche put new motors in them and is extending the warranty by a year. The dealership will have all the builds and mileage of each car. Highest mileage one available is 3k miles. Make the dealership an offer on one of the gently used cars and they can go try and buy the car for you. PM me if you don't have a contact and I can forward my List of the available cars and their builds. Just an FYI for those participating and or reading this thread.
If the price was very right I could maybe see it, but be prepared to live with a "branded/ lemon title" sale should you ever try to resell the car.

FWIW 20 of these auction cars sold to dealers a month or more ago & some still remain unsold w/lowered prices from where they started out at.

Not for the timid.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:52 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hothonda
If the price was very right I could maybe see it, but be prepared to live with a "branded/ lemon title" sale should you ever try to resell the car.

FWIW 20 of these auction cars sold to dealers a month or more ago & some still remain unsold w/lowered prices from where they started out at.

Not for the timid.
True, however, from what I have heard, many/most dealers paid MSRP or very close to it for these cars at auction. Many sold on the retail market over MSRP and some are still on lots priced over.
Old 11-16-2014, 04:55 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Agreed, just a tidbit of info. Perhaps slow dealership sales will help those acquire one at auction even cheaper. Perhaps a good opportunity for someone looking to build their own GT3 RS for track purposes since mortal men will not get to own one until they hit the used market and a significant mark up. I know if I had first pick at a GT3 RS I'd take it just to park it and sell it later.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:30 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

I was thinking the other day that I will be putting down close to $70k and financing $100k and instead, I could buy another house and turn it into income earning property. Buying this car is probably one of the worst financial decisions I've made. However, the money I spend on this car is not money I need for a better investment.

Best of luck on your business venture Alex.

Dan (hopes Alex gets MSRP for his GT3)

Quick Reply: Market of used gt3