Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by M3the01
How much are the replacement parts?
$100
Old 04-05-2021, 01:14 PM
DocPro
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just now noticing this forum topic despite having been a Reenlist member for a number of years but made my first post, I think, yesterday. I've got 4 Jack Point stands, 6 of the top inserts. I'm a big fan of Jack Point stands and it's owner. I spent quite a bit of time researching the best hydraulic floor jack to replace the old one I had. One of the criteria was it had to be compatible with Jack Point stands and didn't want a Chinese manufactured jack. Ultimately I was drawn to 2 jacks which are made, I believe, in Denmark (AC Jack and Compac) both of which weigh 90-110 lbs. I also checked out the Brunnhoelzl jack. I think Brunnhoelzl calls it their "garage jack" but it's range of 2.25 - 23" (if I recall). AC Jacks, with significant modification can work with Jack Point stands and I don't know about the Compac jack. The Brunnhoelzl website, per George Brunnhoelzl, hasn't been updated in 20+ years so don't rely on any pricing on the website. In the final analysis, I went with the Brunnhoelzl jack with upgraded piston assembly to handle the weight of my Porsche Panamera Turbo and some other German cars in "the fleet."

The Brunnhoelzl, as jpoint has stated, is a real beautiful piece of equipment. It weighs 39 lbs, is made from CNC machined billet aluminum, operates extremely smoothly, and the rollers roll smoother than butter. Pricing for my jack was something like $1695 for just the jack. I opted to go crazy stupid and went with the handle made from billet aluminum with the center drilled out. Total price with piston assembly upgrade was something like $2200-2300. I'm a firm believer in the old adage which goes something like "The pain of purchase price is long forgotten over the years of enjoyment of a quality item." The Brunnhoelzl s a real joy to behold and to use. As I go through life (I'm in my latter sixties), the object is not to see how much $$ I can save but to enjoy the best this world has to offer while I'm blessed to be on this earth.

Thanks, again, to Jack Point jack stands and it's owner!

Last edited by DocPro; 04-05-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Brunnhoelzl Jacks