Sponsored by:

Just did exotics racing in vegas over weekend.. 991 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Thanks for the review.....I would agree that there is no sound (at least from cars I've heard) like the 458....it is just unreal.....For me it's not a DD for many reasons...I'm hoping the GT3 will be 80% of that excitement on a daily basis especially in Sport Mode and Sharkwerks....I've never tried the Vegas thing because all I've heard is negatives....
The only btand that makes a Daily Driver is Porsche. I don't know if even Ferrari's F12 or FF could be daily drivers. But just because they are Ferrari's to maintain them still is going to cost you. Though I would love to own a Berlinetta, they are crazy over-priced from the dealership. I want that V12 sound, guess the F12 would be fine for driving around Tahoe during the winter months.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:02 AM
vtracsd
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went there a few days ago and had a go around on the 991 GT3 and 997 Turbo S. It's quite $$$ per lap and I wish I had more track time but it was an awesome experience. They must be making a lot of money with the place pretty much packed. The track however was fun and relatively traffic free.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:34 AM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Adding to Strimdog's comments, I drove the 991GT3 for 10 laps @ Dream Racing.
The facility is first rate & being inside Las Vegas Speedway midfield really adds to a grand experience. I was considering Exotic Racing & am glad I went with Dream Racing; Exotic is outside the Speedway & has its track in a few large parking lots.

Dream has approx. a dozen 430GT race cars & hearing them on the track was audio heaven. Their staff is professional & Enrico, the owner, is an ex F1 driver from the '70's. He is a super nice guy knowing how important customer service is. After a 20min video, geared to rookie virgin track guys, we had a go in a track simulator; again geared to rookies.

I was there with 4 friends, all but one who have track experience. Two guys drove the 458, one drove the new Vette then the Huracan & another the GT3. While waiting for your turn to drive your car of choice, it's great watching/hearing these exotics fly by the straight away at full throttle; every driver had a massive smile once they exited.

The instructors really encourage you to push the car to your max potential. Sport button/exhaust/hard shocks/manual paddle mode where all on. The GT3 had Pirelli Trofeo's & standard steel brakes, & along with the 458 was out on the track all the time.

My impressions on the car where all too short, but....
Engine: revs like a demon! It's sounds glorious, but coming from a 997.1RS w/ sharks bypass, it could use more noise. The power is great & boy does it accelerate!! Engine is the main event! Wow!
PDK-S: shift like a demon!!! Coming off the last hairpin & turning onto the straight away, redlining in 3rd gear, I shifted into 4th gear! This did not upset the car at all & I would never do that in a manual! Omg!
Chassis: very neutral, very stable, allowing you to really push!
Brakes: hey, it's a Porsche...so they're epic.
This car is a machine!!!
Enrico commented that the GT3 was the best road car there; better than any Lambo or Ferrari...

Overall it's not like a regular track day; get that out of your mind.
BUT, it's a great experience!
I'd recommend to anyone.... Where else can you drive an exotic for a few hundred $$$ & the walk away.
Dream Racing....excellent rating.
991GT3....Awesome car! My 997.1RS will eventually be for sale.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:50 AM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Nan P
Adding to Strimdog's comments, I drove the 991GT3 for 10 laps @ Dream Racing.
The facility is first rate & being inside Las Vegas Speedway midfield really adds to a grand experience. I was considering Exotic Racing & am glad I went with Dream Racing; Exotic is outside the Speedway & has its track in a few large parking lots.

Dream has approx. a dozen 430GT race cars & hearing them on the track was audio heaven. Their staff is professional & Enrico, the owner, is an ex F1 driver from the '70's. He is a super nice guy knowing how important customer service is. After a 20min video, geared to rookie virgin track guys, we had a go in a track simulator; again geared to rookies.

I was there with 4 friends, all but one who have track experience. Two guys drove the 458, one drove the new Vette then the Huracan & another the GT3. While waiting for your turn to drive your car of choice, it's great watching/hearing these exotics fly by the straight away at full throttle; every driver had a massive smile once they exited.

The instructors really encourage you to push the car to your max potential. Sport button/exhaust/hard shocks/manual paddle mode where all on. The GT3 had Pirelli Trofeo's & standard steel brakes, & along with the 458 was out on the track all the time.

My impressions on the car where all too short, but....
Engine: revs like a demon! It's sounds glorious, but coming from a 997.1RS w/ sharks bypass, it could use more noise. The power is great & boy does it accelerate!! Engine is the main event! Wow!
PDK-S: shift like a demon!!! Coming off the last hairpin & turning onto the straight away, redlining in 3rd gear, I shifted into 4th gear! This did not upset the car at all & I would never do that in a manual! Omg!
Chassis: very neutral, very stable, allowing you to really push!
Brakes: hey, it's a Porsche...so they're epic.
This car is a machine!!!
Enrico commented that the GT3 was the best road car there; better than any Lambo or Ferrari...

Overall it's not like a regular track day; get that out of your mind.
BUT, it's a great experience!
I'd recommend to anyone.... Where else can you drive an exotic for a few hundred $$$ & the walk away.
Dream Racing....excellent rating.
991GT3....Awesome car! My 997.1RS will eventually be for sale.
Sounds like a great time.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:03 PM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Strimdog all 5 of us had a great time....
I forgot to add...since the 991GT3's release & the engine issue, I've read repeated comments questioning the reliability of the engine. I can't recall the mileage of the 991GT3 @ Dream Racing, but let me tell you the car was on the track almost the entire 4 hours I was there. It would come in for drivers swap, maybe a 5 min hiatus & then back out on the track being rung out over & over again. Now imagine it being driven day after day, redline after redline; the motor seemed very robust & engineered for the track.
As I mentioned Enrico the owner said it was the best road car there.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:49 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,270 Likes on 669 Posts

Originally Posted by Nan P
As I mentioned Enrico the owner said it was the best road car there.
Was at exotics racing 3 months ago. All the instructors at exotics said the same thing, that the 991 GT3 was their best track car. They all preferred it over their 430, 458, stingray, various Lamborghinis, GT-R, Porsche turbo, etc.

And none of them knew I had a GT3 on order. But their praise certainly added to the excitement for my personal 991 GT3 to arrive.
Old 04-15-2023, 10:25 PM
Ticket Target
Racer

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts

I have lap time coming up this Thursday, 4/20/23 in Vegas for 10 laps in a GT-3RS. Around $640.00. From my buddies experiences, I am expecting a 991.1.
The hottest 911 I have driven until now was a 991.2 GTS. I owned one for 15K, and I have driven another @ PECLA.
Looking forward!
Old 04-16-2023, 08:23 AM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 933 Likes on 503 Posts

Holy ten year old thread Batman!

" I have lap time coming up this Thursday, 4/20/23 in Vegas for 10 laps in a GT-3RS. Around $640.00."

You can get a three day track weekend, 15 sessions or about 6 - 8 hours of track time and hundreds of laps for that price. And they will make you baby the car for those ten laps.

Quick Reply: Just did exotics racing in vegas over weekend.. 991 GT3