Sponsored by:

F430 trading on GT3 w/new engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 07:27 PM
DucatiSPS
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
There is also a white one availablle in Cary, NC to be delivered in December. Contact Phillip Marquis, phillip.marquis@leithimports.com or 919-805-2664. He can send you the build sheet. Super nice guy.
thanks for the lead, I sent him an email
Old 10-22-2014, 06:51 PM
CarObsessed
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
Flip side is that as a first time customer u can still order the speciale and get it fairly quickly. (wait times tend to be 2-6 months). Also you can at times get the cars brand new in stock at slightly below msrp.
Well you guys are very lucky in that aspect then.

Again with respect to resale, the US is a unique market where F cars have good resale only because they are garage queens. You drive them a lot any where in the world and their price plummets.
True, but that's not going to change and the US being an important market, Ferrari has no choice to but to cater to them.

In any case, reality here in the US is that, it's boom time for well-to-do segments and limited production cars are hard to get by.

First world problems, but I wish manufacturers would stop with limited production cars already. It's ok for 918/LaFerrari, but why for GT3/Speciale? Let as many people enjoy them without having to protect the resale value for the "loyal" customers.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:28 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The offset in purchasing a '14 GT3 "buyback" car is that it has a 6-year 100K mile bumper to bumper (not just drive train) Porsche factory warranty on it. That alone, if you could purchase it on a new car, would be big money. So resale with that warranty adds value on re-sale - possilby offsetting any valuation advantage a '15 woiuld have (maybe better). Now after the 6 years perhaps an issue but that is not the short term issues you are considering.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:40 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
The offset in purchasing a '14 GT3 "buyback" car is that it has a 6-year 100K mile bumper to bumper (not just drive train) Porsche factory warranty on it. That alone, if you could purchase it on a new car, would be big money. So resale with that warranty adds value on re-sale - possilby offsetting any valuation advantage a '15 woiuld have (maybe better). Now after the 6 years perhaps an issue but that is not the short term issues you are considering.
Not trying to rain on your parade, but having been in the auto warranty business for many years, I can tell you that a 1 year extension of a factory warranty cost next to nothing. It is one of the least expensive plans available. I know that 100k miles sounds good, but no one ever puts that many miles on a Porsche in 5 or 6 years and Porsche knows it.

Every other dealer in town offers a "Lifetime Limited Warranty" on the new and some used cars that they sell. Not saying that it covers as much as the Porsche warranty but I can tell you for a fact that dealer cost is less than $150 for the "Lifetime Warranty".
Old 10-22-2014, 08:01 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't speak for any where other than California. our new car Porsche factory warranty 4 years 50,000 miles. So add to the existing new car warranty is 2 years not 1 and it is bumper to bumper not just drive train and a few systems, which costs us a bunch of $$ and at that cost not 100% coverage through the 3rd party warranty policy. This is Porsche factory bumper to bumper, so radio, seats, carpet, trim, etc, etc., that has value
Old 10-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Unless something has changed in the last few months, the certificates that were given to the guys with the engine swaps said 1 year extension, 100k total miles. Not saying that is not worth something, just not as much as a lot of people think. Certainly not enough to convince me to take a used branded title car vs a year newer, new car with a clear title.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:05 PM
DucatiSPS
Racer

Tried Phillip at Leith Porsche, and we had a deal but there was a mixup on the order, so the optioned car I thought I was going to get turned out to be a minimally optioned car.

no worries, talked to Manhattan Porsche

they have pretty much the exact car I want, and they deal Ferrari too so they just bought my F430 and sold me a white GT3, arriving mid november.

cool.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:12 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DucatiSPS
Tried Phillip at Leith Porsche, and we had a deal but there was a mixup on the order, so the optioned car I thought I was going to get turned out to be a minimally optioned car.

no worries, talked to Manhattan Porsche

they have pretty much the exact car I want, and they deal Ferrari too so they just bought my F430 and sold me a white GT3, arriving mid november.

cool.
Sorry there was a mix up but I am glad you are getting a new 2015. You had me worried when you were talking about trading for the one with the branded title! Congrats!
Old 10-23-2014, 10:30 PM
DucatiSPS
Racer

Originally Posted by Zucc
Sorry there was a mix up but I am glad you are getting a new 2015. You had me worried when you were talking about trading for the one with the branded title! Congrats!
Thanks for your help Zucc, much appreciated.

Phillip was great to talk to, he made a simple mistake in the computer, apologized to me, no hard feelings. He was very proactive to someone he's never met looking for a hard to find vehicle, so I'm sure I'll talk to him in the future.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:36 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

Congrats!
Old 10-23-2014, 10:49 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

My GM told me that he was getting 2 RS allocations and that I could have one which I did for one week. Until the car is officially announced, I don't think there are guaranteed allocation #'s at this point. That got me to thinking, wait until March when it's official only to find out that maybe he might only get one allocation....so I would end up with nothing...no RS and no build to spec GT3. Since I wanted a better street car, the RS is not, I gave up my spot and orderd the standard GT3. I am happy with my decision.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:39 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

The US customers should unite and shun such snobbish European brands and buy American only for a while. Trust me , this will bring about a change. I am totally appalled at the rubbish treatment US customers receive when seeking to order new high end cars. In most parts of the world you can order any ferrari any time you want regardless of prior purchase history. And lambo, they beg for your business. Ferrari increasing production to 10,000 will mostly help US customers and good thing for them but not really needed in ROW. Huracan other than in a straight line (and sound) is a piece of crap compared to its competitors. Just wait for its next 10 variations to improve upon that.
Hmm! I tried to get a 458 Speciale. Got a big laugh and he said, maybe in a year or two!!! You obviously have better connections than I have! Hopefully I have better luck with the 991rs...
Old 10-24-2014, 12:16 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Hmm! I tried to get a 458 Speciale. Got a big laugh and he said, maybe in a year or two!!! You obviously have better connections than I have! Hopefully I have better luck with the 991rs...
I got the same laugh....basically forget about it...not even enough cars to go around for their good customers....
Old 10-24-2014, 12:46 PM
DucatiSPS
Racer

so, in honor of my new car, set to arrive around Turkey Day, I got a plate for her coming. A little nod to my Texas roots.
Attached Images  
Old 10-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DucatiSPS
so, in honor of my new car, set to arrive around Turkey Day, I got a plate for her coming. A little nod to my Texas roots.
Nice!

Quick Reply: F430 trading on GT3 w/new engine