Sponsored by:

One configuration consideration/piece of advice for those not locked - INTERIOR

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 12:00 PM
GT3991
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jonathan,

I don't think we can add/change anything on our doors tho. Just the console and dash trims. I think the new 2015 GT3 bucket seats gonna look like the " future ".
I miss the buckets on my 2011 Boxster Spyder.

Last edited by GT3991; 12-11-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:36 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

CORRECT. That's my point. (Sorry, sometimes hard to be clear over text on these matters). The doors are what the doors are, however you order them. Unless you are willing to change out door panels later, you are locked in. If you have full leather, that means you are locked into ALL your trim, as it matches the doors. If you ordered standard interior, since your doors are plain (i.e. will match any trim), there are a lot more options if you decide to switch up trim later. This was my point. I am most excited about picking a subtle paint trim to use inside, 20+ options available on suncoast parts.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:29 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

All these options are very interesting. The one thing I clearly had the most difficulty with was the leather deviated stitching issue. (My order is white with PCCBs). On one hand I tend to like cleaner looks and wasn't crazy about the deviated stitching--but on the other, I just couldn't get out of my head the feeling that I would be spending $150,000 on a car with a lot of plastic. Plus I had a vague sense that the interior just needed "something" to pull it together. Accordingly, I did what I usually do at such moments of existential anxiety. I asked my wife!, who has a pretty good design eye. So we went to the dealer to look at a few interiors and she (who usually wants me to spend less!), liked the way the full leather stitching (platinum) picked up the stitching in the seats, ----and the brushed aluminum side pieces on the door picked up the ones on the dash, and also matched the platinum stitching. Decided to go with full leather platinum-but with no extra leather. Now locked. Still think about it a bit--but I'm pretty much at peace with it.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:39 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LAGinz
All these options are very interesting. The one thing I clearly had the most difficulty with was the leather deviated stitching issue. (My order is white with PCCBs). On one hand I tend to like cleaner looks and wasn't crazy about the deviated stitching--but on the other, I just couldn't get out of my head the feeling that I would be spending $150,000 on a car with a lot of plastic. Plus I had a vague sense that the interior just needed "something" to pull it together. Accordingly, I did what I usually do at such moments of existential anxiety. I asked my wife!, who has a pretty good design eye. So we went to the dealer to look at a few interiors and she (who usually wants me to spend less!), liked the way the full leather stitching (platinum) picked up the stitching in the seats, ----and the brushed aluminum side pieces on the door picked up the ones on the dash, and also matched the platinum stitching. Decided to go with full leather platinum-but with no extra leather. Now locked. Still think about it a bit--but I'm pretty much at peace with it.
Congrats! It will look awesome. And you are not alone. Even though I am all about a "business like" interior on a Porsche, I get the argument that at $150k, you would want a leather dash. Personally, I just kept looking at pictures of Carrera GT and 918, and I was able to hold the line But if I was getting full leather, I would have spec'd it just as you did, platinum stitching, standard aluminum. Nice.

Quick Reply: One configuration consideration/piece of advice for those not locked - INTERIOR