Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: My 3 girls, Butch, Pretty and Speedy

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 10:46 PM
rwcsn1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice collection. I love BMW, but this car gets way too much attention for my taste. And way too quiet. Lucky man you are.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:39 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Since we are all car enthusiasts, I wanted to share pics of my i8 but didn't want to get reminded it's the wrong forum etc so the GT3 is in the shoot!
The i8 is one of the most amazing cars I have ever owned. The technology (carbon fiber reinforced plastic shell, recycled and green energy aluminum, magnesium dash, recycled material lining the AC ducts for quietness, the beautiful synchrony between the electric motor and the combustion engine, the recycled thermoplastic body panels, the incredibly low CD, etc etc adds to the beauty of this engineering marvel. The car drives like a dream. Because CFRP is so stiff, the suspension is not, making for a sure footed albeit compliant ride. It is my daily driver. Fear not, if I am forced at gunpoint to choose only one, the GT3 is still my favorite babe. Enjoy the pics.
Sam congratulations. Your girls look great, and the i8 looks spectacular. I have one on order and thanks to you for convincing me to get one ordered. can't wait to drive it.

Can you give us your initial impressions about the way it drives and handles. Mark
Old 10-12-2014, 12:50 AM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice Garage Sam.
The i8 is definitely a "back to the future" design; futuristic.
The jeep is also cool (wanted one for a while), however the GT3 is in its own league.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:05 AM
green
Pro

Awesome!
I have a Wrangler as well
The i8 is just stunning.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:12 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,258 Likes on 613 Posts

Very cool! I need a bigger garage
Old 10-12-2014, 01:26 AM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Great collection!
Old 10-12-2014, 01:36 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

That's some Star Trek kinda **** right there. The 991 GT3 looks positively old-school next to it.

Vivian.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:07 AM
Arth
Racer

Very nice Sam!
Old 10-12-2014, 02:00 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't even know they were selling the car yet but I'm in the states so I'm well behind
Old 10-12-2014, 02:29 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for the very kind words! I'll try to address all the questions. The i8 drives incredibly well. It can be very quite and a long trips would be very comfortable but the trunk is about 1/2 that of a 911. The handling is surprisingly great, considering it wears skinny run flat tires. The brakes are phenomenal. I think this is the only car that I can't hear wind hitting the side mirrors at speed with windows closed. There have been journalistic comparos between it and the 911 C2S/C4S and I can see why. Straight line acceleration is very similar and real world road driving/handling is similar too. Push a little harder and the grip falls off much earlier in the i8 but doubt one can push to that level on regular roads. When people talk about instant torque in electric motors, they mean it. The transmission attached to the 3 cylinder glorified Mini engine is not dual clutch but because the front wheels are accelerating via the electric motor, shifts feel fast and smooth. I have about 1,100 miles on it so far and the car is solid as one can imagine. The Harmon Kardon system is excellent but not Bermister level by any means; good enough for me. When the car is in Sport mode, engine sound is snythethized, inside and outside the cabin. I was certain it was gonna bug me to no end but no, they have done an outstanding job that I can't tell it's "fake"!! Getting in and out of the car takes getting used to but becomes second nature with time. It is indeed the most beautiful car I have owned and as mentioned above, it attracts a lot of attention, too much. I think even hard core narcissists would find it excessive. The car gets pictured several times daily and I can't put gas without a mini review or two.
Overall, I love the car and love the ability to swap between it and the GT3. It's like dividing your time between Paris and Rome, different charms but both incredible experiences. Mark, you will fall in love all over again when you get yours, I can almost guarantee it. If I forgot to respond to anyone's questions, please let me know.
I am attaching some pics of the Jeep as well, per request. To answer a question, the fender flares are Bushwackers.
Attached Images           

Quick Reply: OT: My 3 girls, Butch, Pretty and Speedy