Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Rennsport Reunion V / Oct 9-11, 2015 at Laguna Seca...it's official!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 05:58 PM
Nine1won
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 32 Posts

I just changed Corral as well since I still had the 997 GT3 when I bought tix.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:29 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Skibum1963
I had same question regarding the parking. Just heard back from Wendy Carvalho, ticket manager, who said "Please contact us as soon as you know if you will be bringing a different Porsche. As long as there is space available we can make the change internally."
Mark
Her email is wendy@mazdaraceway.com
I did send them a message yesterday and I got a response back from them this AM. They are saying it would be up to PCA and not them........Please see response below....

​"PCA will be parking the cars, so I believe they will accommodate you, but I cannot guarantee it will not be full.

Regards,​

Lisa Saclayan
Ticket Coordinator
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca"
Old 07-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Skibum1963
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll have to ask Wendy and Lisa if they used to work in my office.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:35 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
I did send them a message yesterday and I got a response back from them this AM. They are saying it would be up to PCA and not them........Please see response below....

​"PCA will be parking the cars, so I believe they will accommodate you, but I cannot guarantee it will not be full.

Regards,​

Lisa Saclayan
Ticket Coordinator
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca"
What you've posted above tracks with my previous post and thoughts about the corral passes. So here's my unofficial opinion, Mark.

The pass itself will simply say "Corral Pass" or similar and won't specify car model, just like at the last Rennsport. When you arrive, based on what you're driving, PCA volunteers will direct you to a specific section. Unless a lot of people have switched models since they signed up, I don't see this being a big issue with respect to space. Lisa's statement about the possibility of being unable to accommodate you is covering her you know what.

Worst case scenario, if you show up in the GT4 and there is no room in the Cayman section, just tell them you have a reserved spot in the 991 section, had to bring a different car at the last minute, and you then can come over and park your new baby with us! I can't see a PCA volunteer turning you away from the corral completely when you've paid for a spot but have a different Porsche.

Get there early in the day, and you'll have no problems regardless. Just my $.02....
Old 07-08-2015, 07:00 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
What you've posted above tracks with my previous post and thoughts about the corral passes. So here's my unofficial opinion, Mark.

The pass itself will simply say "Corral Pass" or similar and won't specify car model, just like at the last Rennsport. When you arrive, based on what you're driving, PCA volunteers will direct you to a specific section. Unless a lot of people have switched models since they signed up, I don't see this being a big issue with respect to space. Lisa's statement about the possibility of being unable to accommodate you is covering her you know what.

Worst case scenario, if you show up in the GT4 and there is no room in the Cayman section, just tell them you have a reserved spot in the 991 section, had to bring a different car at the last minute, and you then can come over and park your new baby with us! I can't see a PCA volunteer turning you away from the corral completely when you've paid for a spot but have a different Porsche.

Get there early in the day, and you'll have no problems regardless. Just my $.02....
Mike, I completely agree with you. Talking to several people who have attended previous reunions, all echo your same rational. All indicates the pass does not specify a model, and the only reason you have to specify a model when you buy the pass, is to give PCA a rough estimate of the number of cars in each particular category so they can proportionally divide up the parking a lot to accommodate the various Porsche types. Otherwise they may end up with so many empty spots in a particular section and overcrowded in another. So it only makes sense they take a count up front.
Thank you for your sharing your opinion, and I believe it makes the most sense.

But just in case, I will bring my "911 GT3" emblem with me, and if I get refused entry at the Cayman lot, I will stick them on the GT4 behind, then come and join all my cool GT3 buddies! GT4 can probably pass for GT3, at least if you are looking at it from the front. Mark
Old 07-08-2015, 11:27 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike, I completely agree with you. Talking to several people who have attended previous reunions, all echo your same rational. All indicates the pass does not specify a model, and the only reason you have to specify a model when you buy the pass, is to give PCA a rough estimate of the number of cars in each particular category so they can proportionally divide up the parking a lot to accommodate the various Porsche types. Otherwise they may end up with so many empty spots in a particular section and overcrowded in another. So it only makes sense they take a count up front. Thank you for your sharing your opinion, and I believe it makes the most sense. But just in case, I will bring my "911 GT3" emblem with me, and if I get refused entry at the Cayman lot, I will stick them on the GT4 behind, then come and join all my cool GT3 buddies! GT4 can probably pass for GT3, at least if you are looking at it from the front. Mark
Perfect Mark. I'll do the same with our Cayenne!
Old 07-09-2015, 10:53 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by rookie1
Me and my wife would be in for dinner too!
OK!

Hi Andre. Count me & my wife in for the dinner. I have already discussed with the wife and we are in. As you & I discussed, it will be a good idea to drive down together. Let's discuss later this week. Look forward to this event and catch up with some of our great Rennlist friends such as Mike, Nick, Rob & Kamal and others. Mark
Great!

Did you buy the 3 day pass? I was not sure if we end up driving down together which day we would leave? Please let me know. Mark
No, just the two day which I might regret. My plans are evolving still.

Everyone- almost done with Baja Cantina, just waiting for them to send me our menu with the Rennlist logo on it!
Old 07-09-2015, 12:22 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by montoya
OK! Great! No, just the two day which I might regret. My plans are evolving still. Everyone- almost done with Baja Cantina, just waiting for them to send me our menu with the Rennlist logo on it!
Don't feel bad, I'm currently only there Saturday. I arrive at our hotel on Thursday and leave Sunday, but I promised my wife and daughter a day at the beach. We're staying at The Sanctuary, Oceanfront.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Don't feel bad, I'm currently only there Saturday. I arrive at our hotel on Thursday and leave Sunday, but I promised my wife and daughter a day at the beach. We're staying at The Sanctuary, Oceanfront.
A day at the beach? This isn't San Diego, my friend! You might see more sun in Laguna Seca than in Carmel that weekend, although September is usually our best weather month!

Andre: I may have a prior commitment for dinner on Saturday since 'R Gruppe' has scheduled its Treffen dinner that night. But hopefully I will drop by at some point at the restaurant to say 'Hi'! So keep me informed of your plans.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-09-2015, 01:27 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^Ahhhh yes, warm and sunny Carmel beach!
Old 07-09-2015, 05:59 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
A day at the beach? This isn't San Diego, my friend! You might see more sun in Laguna Seca than in Carmel that weekend, although September is usually our best weather month!

Andre: I may have a prior commitment for dinner on Saturday since 'R Gruppe' has scheduled its Treffen dinner that night. But hopefully I will drop by at some point at the restaurant to say 'Hi'! So keep me informed of your plans.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Hi Eduardo. Yes I am well aware. We get down there often in the fall. At the last event, granted it was in October, we had 2 great days in the sun in Aptos. Since this is late September we could still luck out. The best beaching months down there are late September to early November. Regardless, both the wife and daughter love to explore more than lay on a towel.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:15 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Thanks Eduardo- R-Gruppe, well I understand. Once we get the menu finalized I think we can organize other opportunities for getting together during the weekend!
Old 07-10-2015, 07:39 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Perfect Mark. I'll do the same with our Cayenne!
LOL. I will bring with me a spare set for your Cayenne. It will be good to see you again there. Mark
Old 07-14-2015, 07:01 AM
mootsvamootsrsl
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

see u guys there
Old 07-15-2015, 01:37 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Default Dinner At Baja Cantina

Name:  bajacantina.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  61.0 KB

OK- here's the menu for dinner at Baja Cantina on Saturday Night Sept.

bajacantinarennlist.pdf

$25 Each, dinner at 7:00- We have 25 spots available. There is a bar and we can mingle ahead of dinner, I will plan on being there around 6 PM. Drinks at dinner are arranged individually. If you are interested PM me and we can arrange payment either through Paypal or you can send me a check.

We still have room for more I will compile a list and add to it as we go, really looking forward to meeting some of you! Confirmed so far:

Duc916sps 2
Mike in CA 2
Skibum1963 1
Doubleurx 3
Bigkraig 2
24Chromium 1
FlatSix911 2
neuroguru 1
nine1won 1
rookie1 2
mqandil 2
montoya 2
GregjGT3. 2
mooty 1? (I know you aren't staying overnight, but hopeful you can make it so I have you tentative for now)

Total- 24

Still available 1 seat! if any of the singles are doubles we have less. Please confirm as soon as possible. Thanks!!

Last edited by montoya; 07-15-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Porsche Rennsport Reunion V / Oct 9-11, 2015 at Laguna Seca...it's official!