Received 11,528 Likes on 5,055 Posts

Awesome.
Congrats!
Old 10-06-2014, 12:25 AM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jlanka
Beautiful. Is that the factory fire extinguisher?

The US fire extinguisher is much smaller and described as "Compact DIN EN3 powder extinguisher containing 2.2 lbs of extinguishing agent". Some PCA regions require a 2.5 lb extinguisher for DE.

The dry powder is corrosive and it will damage any paint and electrical components that it touches. That could be the least of your worries if your car is on fire.

Instead of the dry powder or dry chemical extinguishers, there are none corrosive versions. Halguard and Halotron fire extinguishers use a gas that smothers the fire. Halguard and Halotron will not damage paint or electrical components.

A Halguard 2.5 lb fire extinguisher costs $100-$150 and a mounting bracket to the seat base costs $90 to $200. For an extra $100 over the Porsche option, I'd rather have the one that won't damage the paint. And I think that they look a lot better than the Porsche option.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:31 AM
espanolie
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

amazing car! congrats!...and have fun in spa. give us an update on she handles and post pics to brag lol
Old 10-06-2014, 12:49 AM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Stock wheels look so much more refined than black.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:21 AM
Jangobipbip
Instructor

Received 155 Likes on 34 Posts

Thank you so much for your comments, i must say i can't disagree, that car is incredibly sexy and well built.

This week, put on it a treatment, and protection film on the front part, and it will be ready for Spa.

I will try to film the App to show you how it works in real, and will give you my feedback of the general car. I've had the opportunity to track there many times, i have several times comparisons included with 2012 GTR, GT3 RS, and 997 Cup, so i can't wait to compare it to this new fantastic GT3 which seems to be incredibly efficient.

Will do my best to prepare a nice video with interesting things to see for those who are still waiting!
Old 10-06-2014, 04:45 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine-al
The US fire extinguisher is much smaller and described as "Compact DIN EN3 powder extinguisher containing 2.2 lbs of extinguishing agent". Some PCA regions require a 2.5 lb extinguisher for DE.

The dry powder is corrosive and it will damage any paint and electrical components that it touches. That could be the least of your worries if your car is on fire.

Instead of the dry powder or dry chemical extinguishers, there are none corrosive versions. Halguard and Halotron fire extinguishers use a gas that smothers the fire. Halguard and Halotron will not damage paint or electrical components.

A Halguard 2.5 lb fire extinguisher costs $100-$150 and a mounting bracket to the seat base costs $90 to $200. For an extra $100 over the Porsche option, I'd rather have the one that won't damage the paint. And I think that they look a lot better than the Porsche option.
100% correct and excellent info for the uninformed.

Below is the description of the fire extinguisher that came in our ROW clubsport cars and it is gas and non corrosive as you say.

For the money Porsche charge you can buy a really nice bracket and BK quick release and then find your own 4lb extinguisher etc.

Smookey - I am very much looking forward to your feedback from Spa on the new 991 GT3 - it sounds like you have the experience to give some worthy feedback...
Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2014, 09:37 AM
Jangobipbip
Instructor

@Macca: I've had the chance to learn with Nicolas Armindo, who won the German carrera Cup 2010, and who's actually driving in several championships, he's a friend of mine so it gave me a nice appreciation of the 911's way of driving. I'll do my best to give all Rennlisters good informations and feedback
Old 10-06-2014, 09:41 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

re: US Fire Extinguisher

Not only that, but if its the same as the one they put on the Carrera, it uses cloth straps which don't satisfy PCA requirements for DE
Old 10-16-2014, 05:50 AM
Jangobipbip
Instructor

Here is a video from Spa Francorchamps. Not a technical one with only performance driving but a "fun one", for friends sharing.

In every case, the car is astonishing on the track, so well balanced and that gearbox....My god!! it's like a Cup car, can't wait to track it again.

For those who wait or who hesitate to track their GT3, do not anymore, it is like paradise on earth

Old 10-16-2014, 06:37 AM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great video and fantastic driving! That took ***** to get that close to the walls and pass those cars before Eau Rouge.

Car looks and sounds awesome. Looking forward to seeing more vids.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:00 AM
Slip
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 21 Posts

FANTASTIC video, thanks for sharing.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:24 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,268 Likes on 2,436 Posts

Originally Posted by smookey
Here is a video from Spa Francorchamps. Not a technical one with only performance driving but a "fun one", for friends sharing.

In every case, the car is astonishing on the track, so well balanced and that gearbox....My god!! it's like a Cup car, can't wait to track it again.

For those who wait or who hesitate to track their GT3, do not anymore, it is like paradise on earth

http://youtu.be/ZUKg1QoeIDU
At the end of the video, I'm seeing driver with two shoulder belts but no lap belts, helmet with HANS clips but no HANS, and passengers with only 3-pt belts, all in a car with clubsport package. Is that correct?
Old 10-16-2014, 08:42 AM
Jangobipbip
Instructor

Thank you. I Will put a simple complete lap with interior view when i'll can.

@manifold: It is correct. Hans clip were on the helmet when i bought it 2 years ago but i don't need it for my driving level. Second harness, i did not received it yet, only one is delivered with cs package but will definitely put one, and lap belts hurted my leg at the end of the day so i disconnected it.

Last edited by Jangobipbip; 10-16-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:57 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome video, 5 stars. Thanks for sharing and congrats on your beautiful car!
Old 10-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,268 Likes on 2,436 Posts

Originally Posted by smookey
@manifold: It is correct. Hans clip were on the helmet when i bought it 2 years ago but i don't need it for my drivent level. Second harness, i did not received it yet, only one is delivered with cs package but will definitely put one, and lap belts hurted my leg at the end of the day so i disconnected it.
Smookey, the car is very fast, you're driving it very fast, you're passing without much clearance to other cars and walls, you're taking passengers, and we've already had one RL member die crashing his 991 GT3 on track ... so I strongly recommend better safety equipment and use of it.

- If you have a harness with shoulder belts, head/neck restraint (HNR) is needed even for a beginner, just as a helmet is needed. See the on-track experiences thread to see the consequences of a frontal crash without the HNR.

- ALL belts in the harness must be used, and they need to be tight. The lap belts are critically important because your pelvis is strong and you want it carrying load through the lap belts, so that you don't carry extra load through the shoulder belts. I've never even seen test data without the lap belts - results would likely be scary.

- Rule of thumb around here is that the passenger needs to be as protected as the driver, so harnesses should be in both seats if the driver has them. A somewhat debated area is whether the passenger should use the harness or 3-pt belts if they don't have an HNR; many would say use the 3-pts (which is what I recommend to passengers in my cars, which are modern cars with airbags), but it's also true that in many crash scenarios other than frontal, the harness will provide better overall protection even without an HNR.

Quick Reply: Euro 2015 GT3...Here It Is !!!