auto dimming mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 03:09 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default auto dimming mirrors

how many are skipping?

tempted to pass this round as i do not expect to drive this car at night often and very little in the rain. curious if some think resale would suffer.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:15 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

A must have for me. In fact, I just replaced my self-dim in my Carrera S as I managed to break it. But I suppose if you don't drive at night it's no biggie.

Vivian.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:15 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to get window tinting done to keep the scorching sun out. So that sort of eliminates the need for it. Also I have not found this feature a must have in my other vehicles that had/have it.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:16 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I can't begin to tell you how many .2 RSs I passed on because they didn't have this option.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:18 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dev
how many are skipping?

tempted to pass this round as i do not expect to drive this car at night often and very little in the rain. curious if some think resale would suffer.
I'm not sure it will be big deal but add it because it can't hurt anything and it's not that much? Of course if you don't add it I can't imagine someone would pass on a car without it in future as long as the rest of car is clean. There are several other must have options that people will look at before mirror.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:19 PM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
I can't begin to tell you how many .2 RSs I passed on because they didn't have this option.
that is exactly what i said to my buddy this morning who is building his car along with mine. i consider this one of those options which offers something tangible and one that many must have when buying used.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:31 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dev
that is exactly what i said to my buddy this morning who is building his car along with mine. i consider this one of those options which offers something tangible and one that many must have when buying used.
Wow, to me the game changer options for most will be the big three....
1) brakes, steel or PCCB
2) lift or no lift
3) type of seats

All others might make one nicer than other but to me these will be the real game changers for eliminating cars for potential buyers in future.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:33 PM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by sccchiii
Wow, to me the game changer options for most will be the big three....
1) brakes, steel or PCCB
2) lift or no lift
3) type of seats

All others might make one nicer than other but to me these will be the real game changers for eliminating cars for potential buyers in future.
Sure. Depending on your needs. I'd buy a car with PCCBs and a lift but would not pay more for these items. Seats can always be added.

the 991 GT3 has attracted a much broader audience. That said many will want dimming mirrors and rain sensing wipers in this type of car.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:58 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Add it man.... the spoiler doesn't cover the glare from the lights enough!
Old 09-27-2014, 04:39 PM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Must have IMO - Had 911's with and without and always regretted it when I didn't have it.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:21 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

down under we are hard assed men and drive our cars in the wet! Last week on a very wet track I was very glad for the auto wipers as that was on less stress I had to deal with :-)
Old 09-27-2014, 07:32 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Agree - good to have these features even if you use it just a couple of times. Just like heated seats - my Wife is a stickler on this as a "must have". In Chicago I could not disagree. Plus- good for the lower back
Old 09-27-2014, 07:58 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have someone riding your ***...should happen in a GT3 right ? You will still find yourself manually tilting up the mirror. I do this in my GTS Cayenne. that said, I'm getting it. It also has the rain sensor for as needed intermittent wiper control, I believe.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:01 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yip. The wipers work with variable speed intermitent sensitivity you can set and forget and great on reace track or tarmac rally when it sstarts to rain and you are committed to a sries of corners.

I have clubsport option with CF buckets but was only allowed these when they included heated backs. My wife has fusion and very sore back. I love them and use heat all the time for long drives to keep my back muscles supple.

each option was around $500.

With auto dimming mirror the side mirrors also dim as they are photo-chromic and it works quickly and well.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:08 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Yip. The wipers work with variable speed intermitent sensitivity you can set and forget and great on reace track or tarmac rally when it sstarts to rain and you are committed to a sries of corners.

I have clubsport option with CF buckets but was only allowed these when they included heated backs. My wife has fusion and very sore back. I love them and use heat all the time for long drives to keep my back muscles supple.

each option was around $500.

With auto dimming mirror the side mirrors also dim as they are photo-chromic and it works quickly and well.
Macca, how was it possible to get heated bucket seats? I'm ordering the buckets on mine, but it doesn't let me select the heated seat option.

Vivian.

Quick Reply: auto dimming mirrors