Sponsored by:

Custom deviated color confirmed for my order

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 09:02 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
with DBM ( a color I'm really considering).. the accents for mirror supports/wing tips... andpossibly the beautiful striping along edge of spoiler and front splitter like ac satco did, should be silver...along with the wheels.

I'm not sure about lights, although i believe those should remain black... but silver with blue looks fantastic.. I think I saw a 4.0 like this
Here's some DBM renders- still undecided...

[Name:  blue with silver.JPG
Views: 929
Size:  259.4 KB
Sorry this looks a little like chrome...

Name:  blue.JPG
Views: 859
Size:  235.0 KB
black with black

What do you guys think???
Old 09-12-2014, 10:35 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm going with dark blue for my order. Take a look at how good the 918 looks in dark blue metallic (best color on that car in my opinion). I had a white RS and think the color is great but am looking for a change and something a bit lower key and less common. As for wheels, I think the standard satin finish is the nicest. The only way I would have gone for black is if a satin finish were offered as on the cayman gts. Plus, the wheel design is perfect and the gloss black hides it too much.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:23 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
I'm going with dark blue for my order. Take a look at how good the 918 looks in dark blue metallic (best color on that car in my opinion). I had a white RS and think the color is great but am looking for a change and something a bit lower key and less common. As for wheels, I think the standard satin finish is the nicest. The only way I would have gone for black is if a satin finish were offered as on the cayman gts. Plus, the wheel design is perfect and the gloss black hides it too much.
I don't know...
Attached Images   
Old 09-13-2014, 12:27 AM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dark blue with silver wheels would be my choice. Better contrast than the darker wheels IMO.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:02 AM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My view on the two wheels is a little nuanced here. I think if you are just looking at the wheel in isolation, the regular wheel is nicer, showing off the design of the wheel better. On the other hand, if you are not primarily focused on the wheel, and looking at the car as a whole, the black wheels seem to give certain colors a certain look that can be pretty compelling . I think this is most readily seen with white and black cars. I think I would probably go with the regular wheels with blue.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:40 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

I like the standard satin platinum color...I would like black better if it was a satin versus glossy finish. I have a white '13 cayenne GTS with 21" black wheels...gloss. My winter OZ 20" rims are satin black and look better to me.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:44 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

OK, what about the deviated color choices with DBM?
Old 09-13-2014, 08:41 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

You can also ask Melissa at Exclusive about black satin for the wheels. It's not difficult and it's already in production for the 981 GTS models.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:44 AM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Here are a couple of dark blue metallic GT3s. DBM is a less noticeable color. Another reason to like it.

This one looks almost black due to the lighting.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:13 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
OK, what about the deviated color choices with DBM?
I prefer the silver over black. DBM + Silver mirrors, silver wings, silver wheels look pretty good, but still not over the top.

What's a few thousand extra in the scheme of things...

RS4.0 in the same:
Attached Images  
Old 09-13-2014, 10:46 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Nate
The picture above looks great. Better than using black accents as it creates a better contrast. What color of paint is the closest to the standard satin wheel finish, agate?
What is porsche exclusive charging for deviated mirrors and wing end plates?
Old 09-13-2014, 12:14 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I prefer the silver over black. DBM + Silver mirrors, silver wings, silver wheels look pretty good, but still not over the top.

What's a few thousand extra in the scheme of things...

RS4.0 in the same:
That looks very classy!

Originally Posted by djcxxx
You can also ask Melissa at Exclusive about black satin for the wheels. It's not difficult and it's already in production for the 981 GTS models.
Nice to know! Hmmm... Classy versus sinister black accents...

Nate
The picture above looks great. Better than using black accents as it creates a better contrast. What color of paint is the closest to the standard satin wheel finish, agate?
What is porsche exclusive charging for deviated mirrors and wing end plates?
I will post here when I get the quote.

Oh boy, now this is getting to be a harder decision. My original color choice after being denied PTS is GR, but still I desired something unique and, well exclusive, with my gt3 so the deviated color option seemed like the way to go. But as many have pointed out in the beginning of this thread, the GR just looks better without accents. Also, I had put out of my mind the darker metallics since they are 'fussy' colors. But now seeing the 4.0 in DBM with the silver accents, is just really classy, yet thinking of the same color with black accents and with satin black wheels, oh boy that would just look so sinister! So now I don't know what to think. And to complicate it further (and certainly a less popular color choice), I think the mahogany metallic would look just as cool with either silver or black accents and be even a more unique look.

Decisions, decisions...
Old 09-13-2014, 12:41 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Color is always the hardest choice. So many right answers for this car.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:10 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

I would think it would be much cheaper to just Liquid wrap the areas you want highlighted in different colors. There are so many new products coming out (much improved on the plasti-dip), and then you can always remove.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:40 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
... Also, I had put out of my mind the darker metallics since they are 'fussy' colors. But now seeing the 4.0 in DBM with the silver accents, is just really classy, yet thinking of the same color with black accents and with satin black wheels, oh boy that would just look so sinister! So now I don't know what to think. ...
The 4.0 was ordered by Jeff Zwart (famous photographer and Pike's Peak racer) in Dark Sea Blue (as I recall). Here's another pic.

Quick Reply: Custom deviated color confirmed for my order