Sponsored by:

Birch Green GT3

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 12:18 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
It's Porsche of San Diego I think, sorry.
It is... No further communication with them since earlier this week- customer cancellation, advisor didn't know what the dealership will do with it. I think the lack of follow through I can assume the worst. They are not going to let a PTS go at list price with all the interest. If I was the sales manager and that same situation occurred, no way in hell I would let it get pre sold, when it can fetch a nice premium when it lands on my showroom floor. And all of you that say it's so horrible, again it's a free market economy, and these are rare as they come. It is just business and if the dealership works fairly with everyone that places an order, I wouldn't hold this specific windfall (a cancelled PTS GT3), against them.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:59 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks Eduardo. I also really really really appreciate your PTS advice and comments. I'm new to the brand and without you I never would have known about PTS in the first place. Thanks for helping me order my dream car! Please don't stop helping guys like me and so many others.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:09 AM
991 GT3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXGT3

Look at the Signal Green 997.2's, Great color. The prices are 10's of thousand's higher. Odd rarities sell. Unique is always valuable.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:54 PM
calpolo17
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Green sold. Didn't get the price.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:56 PM
zweebach
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not just Porsche either. Outside the automotive industry I see multiple organizations alienate potential and loyal customers due to mishandling of relationships in this way. I feel they are missing their market, and to me, the bigger mistake is that they are not cultivating their upcoming market. So far I've only been a used Porsche buyer, but my dealer has treated me well, and sometime in the future I may have the desire and means to individualize a new Porsche. Trouble is, I'm not interested if these are the games being played. I'm not surprised that dealers can be short-sighted, but I am disappointed that as a manufacturer Porsche has seriously mislead customers. At every road show event, I hear them plug the exclusive customization options, and yet it doesn't seem to actually happen. Oh well, one can always dream.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:34 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 991 GT3
Look at the Signal Green 997.2's, Great color. The prices are 10's of thousand's higher. Odd rarities sell. Unique is always valuable.
I heard that BH Porsche is getting a Signal Green 991 GT3 in a few months....no affiliation and no idea what they will charge, but I am sure a lot as that is gonna be one rare car.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:36 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by nlpamg
Eduardo, thank you for all the time and effort you put into educating us about PTS. I've found your posts to be very informative, helpful and interesting.
Originally Posted by montoya
Thank-you Eduardo and please don't give up! Someday it will happen for me and I will thank-you even more then!
Originally Posted by bronson7
Eduardo, you're not going anywhere, we RL's won't let you. The passion and effort you put forth on this forum is priceless. Enough said and more importantly, thank you!!!!!
Originally Posted by <3mph
Thanks Eduardo. I also really really really appreciate your PTS advice and comments. I'm new to the brand and without you I never would have known about PTS in the first place. Thanks for helping me order my dream car! Please don't stop helping guys like me and so many others.
nlpamg, montoya, bronson7 & Daniel: Thank you for the nice words of support. Let's see if PAG brings back an 'improved' PTS program with the start of the MY2016. And we will have to judge if the new manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' at PCNA, Ms. Barbara Boeckenhoff, is more effective in managing it in North America than the previous executive tasked with that function!

Let me also say that I field questions from Rennlisters via PM or email on a weekly basis. And I often get messages of appreciation from them once they take deliveries of their customized Porsche after that long & arduous ordeal! So I know that some of you appreciate the effort!

It is... No further communication with them since earlier this week- customer cancellation, advisor didn't know what the dealership will do with it. I think the lack of follow through I can assume the worst. They are not going to let a PTS go at list price with all the interest. If I was the sales manager and that same situation occurred, no way in hell I would let it get pre sold, when it can fetch a nice premium when it lands on my showroom floor. And all of you that say it's so horrible, again it's a free market economy, and these are rare as they come. It is just business and if the dealership works fairly with everyone that places an order, I wouldn't hold this specific windfall (a cancelled PTS GT3), against them.
Yes, I am assuming the worse (e.g. it was sold to some 'insider' at a premium). At some point I will relate my particular part in the story re: 'Lichtgrün'/'Birch Green' MY2015 gt3 at Porsche of San Diego that has been discussed recently on this thread. First, I'll wait until we find out who they sold it to and for how much. To be perfectly honest about it, my dealing this week with Porsche of San Diego was the worse I have ever experienced from a Porsche dealer. And I have dealt with a lot of them in my long history with the brand that dates back to 1973! I have seen a lot of amateurist & substandard Porsche dealers in my lifetime. But Porsche of San Diego just beat them all! They are Number #1 in my list of crappy dealers and I would not recommend them to anyone! So Caveat Emptor.

Originally Posted by zweebach
It's not just Porsche either. Outside the automotive industry I see multiple organizations alienate potential and loyal customers due to mishandling of relationships in this way. I feel they are missing their market, and to me, the bigger mistake is that they are not cultivating their upcoming market. So far I've only been a used Porsche buyer, but my dealer has treated me well, and sometime in the future I may have the desire and means to individualize a new Porsche. Trouble is, I'm not interested if these are the games being played. I'm not surprised that dealers can be short-sighted, but I am disappointed that as a manufacturer Porsche has seriously mislead customers. At every road show event, I hear them plug the exclusive customization options, and yet it doesn't seem to actually happen. Oh well, one can always dream.
I couldn't agree with you more. I will shortly comment on my ongoing thread on 'Custom Ordering' a 991 or 981 on how differently 'Audi Exclusive' deals with the issue of PTS so that you see the contrast.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 02-21-2015, 04:16 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

I never had to really deal with Porsche of San Diego on my Birch Green TTS...I had Park Place in Dallas do it for me. It was a long process, but worked out in the end.

PTS is awsome! Customization of a Porsche is unique and fun. Thanks for all your posts Eduardo.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:38 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 629 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
I heard that BH Porsche is getting a Signal Green 991 GT3 in a few months....no affiliation and no idea what they will charge, but I am sure a lot as that is gonna be one rare car.
How did all these dealers get special end of GT3 run PTS allocations?? PTS, buckets, and black LED with PDLS Plus will be rare indeed...
Old 02-21-2015, 04:40 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
How did all these dealers get special end of GT3 run PTS allocations?? PTS, buckets, and black LED with PDLS Plus will be rare indeed...
From what I heard, it was a dealer trade! It is not even built yet....as far as I was told yesterday. It has locked, but not built.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:03 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default How did all these dealers get special end of gt3 run PTS allocations?

Originally Posted by Mech33
How did all these dealers get special end of GT3 run PTS allocations??
In the case of Porsche of San Diego, it was a custom order which the original customer backed out from. My guess that all three of these PTS orders (Rusnak, San Diego, BH) we are hearing about now were originally late MY2014 PTS 991 gt3 allocations scheduled for late spring 2014 production that were affected by the 'stop sale' last year. And these postponed orders were allowed by PAG to be transferred as preferential MY2015 PTS builds (whatever that Category was called). Not being part of the new batch of MY2015 allocations dealers received starting in September (which turned out not to qualify for PTS due to the announced moratorium on new PTS orders for balance of MY2015 production), these lucky left-over MY2014 PTS orders were able to hold on to their Paint to Sample status for MY2015 since their PTS paints were already ordered and they satisfied the 3 month advance time requirement for coordinating & scheduling all phases of the PTS production process!

That is how I believe all US (and Canadian) PTS MY2015 991 gt3 originate - from late MY2014 PTS orders that were allowed to be transferred into preferential MY2015 PTS production slots. The reason some of these are all coming to view now is that PAG has a habit of batching PTS orders together. And as production of 991 gt3's come to an end shortly, they are doing remaining PTS builds all at once! And if for whatever reason the original customer does not want to take delivery of his late arriving custom ordered PTS MY2015 gt3, the dealer has it then available for sale.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 02-21-2015, 05:40 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 800 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
And if for whatever reason the original customer does not want to take delivery of his late arriving custom ordered PTS MY2015 gt3, the dealer has it then available for sale.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Brain damage is the only possible explanation!
Old 02-21-2015, 05:47 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
nlpamg, montoya, bronson7 & Daniel: Thank you for the nice words of support. Let's see if PAG brings back an 'improved' PTS program with the start of the MY2016. And we will have to judge if the new manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' at PCNA, Ms. Barbara Boeckenhoff, is more effective in managing it in North America than the previous executive tasked with that function!

Let me also say that I field questions from Rennlisters via PM or email on a weekly basis. And I often get messages of appreciation from them once they take deliveries of their customized Porsche after that long & arduous ordeal! So I know that some of you appreciate the effort!

Yes, I am assuming the worse (e.g. it was sold to some 'insider' at a premium). At some point I will relate my particular part in the story re: 'Lichtgrün'/'Birch Green' MY2015 gt3 at Porsche of San Diego that has been discussed recently on this thread. First, I'll wait until we find out who they sold it to and for how much. To be perfectly honest about it, my dealing this week with Porsche of San Diego was the worse I have ever experienced from a Porsche dealer. And I have dealt with a lot of them in my long history with the brand that dates back to 1973! I have seen a lot of amateurist & substandard Porsche dealers in my lifetime. But Porsche of San Diego just beat them all! They are Number #1 in my list of crappy dealers and I would not recommend them to anyone! So Caveat Emptor.

I couldn't agree with you more. I will shortly comment on my ongoing thread on 'Custom Ordering' a 991 or 981 on how differently 'Audi Exclusive' deals with the issue of PTS so that you see the contrast.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Eduardo, once again we really appreciate all of your effort. I lacklusterly (if that's a word!) chased this Birch Green GT3 to the point that I talked with the sales advisor that had the customer that cancelled their order. But I didn't follow-up because this is not a color I would custom order, and I had to admit to myself that it would have been just a make-up for the missed opportunity for the PTS that I really wanted in Gulf Orange. So I let it slide knowing lack of follow through was likely unless I pestered them. We can only hope that in the future the PTS process is improved and one day I can look forward to owning one- Eduardo keep the flame going!
Old 02-21-2015, 06:57 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Still waiting for my PTS Viper green ....It is alive in Germany waiting for me!
Old 02-21-2015, 07:26 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I never had to really deal with Porsche of San Diego on my Birch Green TTS...I had Park Place in Dallas do it for me. It was a long process, but worked out in the end.

PTS is awsome! Customization of a Porsche is unique and fun. Thanks for all your posts Eduardo.
Kyriacos: Consider yourself a lucky man for having avoided direct contact...that was wise! Thanks for the heads-up on the 'Birch' gt3 regardless. It was appreciated!

I heard that BH Porsche is getting a Signal Green 991 GT3 in a few months....
From what I heard, it was a dealer trade! It is not even built yet....as far as I was told yesterday. It has locked, but not built.
I just received a very warm & polite response to my email from Porsche Berverly Hill's General Sales Manager Chris Marino explaining that the 'Signal Green' gt3 is spoken for. And it went for a premium over MSRP. It is expected to be delivered in early May. This dealership, unlike Porsche of San Diego, at least understands the value of prompt and frank communications with prospective clients!

Eduardo, once again we really appreciate all of your effort...We can only hope that in the future the PTS process is improved and one day I can look forward to owning one- Eduardo keep the flame going!
Thank you Montoya. Let's hope so too!

Originally Posted by H82BL8
Still waiting for my PTS Viper green ....It is alive in Germany waiting for me!
You too are a very lucky 'hombre'!

H82BL8: Since you are a 'fellow' Canadian (I am an honorary nuck!), could you explain to us what month in 2014 did you received/obtained your PTS MY2015 gt3 allocation? I assume you are also a left-over MY2014 PTS that was moved into a MY2015 PTS built slot. Thanks.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Quick Reply: Birch Green GT3