Sponsored by:

Birch Green GT3

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 11:56 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by GT TREE
I called and got the build specs of this car. I was considering grabbing it, but the specs are all over the place i.m.o.
Other than the color, the next best option was they were able to get the led headlights in black. Should look good with the black wheels. No LWB's is a bummer. And wish it had PCCB's too.
It's Porsche of San Diego I think, sorry.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:48 PM
calpolo17
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got an updated e-mail from Rusnak.

The market adjustment on the Mexico Blue is now $40,000.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:37 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by calpolo17
Just got an updated e-mail from Rusnak.

The market adjustment on the Mexico Blue is now $40,000.
$40K premium on a GT3 with no buckets? More power to them if they can get it.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:55 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I really love Mexico blue. It's my dream color. And the build was pretty close to how I would had ordered other then pccb. So I decided to put a 12k offer in. I know that was short of the 20k but thought maybe. Was even willing to go to 15k. Instead I get a email saying the GM wants 40k over now. Sorry but that's just wrong. I know they will find someone but it makes me want to avoid dealing with them ever and I will warn others.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:37 PM
frankee4u
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha - last night when I called the SA told me $50k - wow
Old 02-20-2015, 04:51 PM
3point9liters
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frankee4u
Haha - last night when I called the SA told me $50k - wow
Old 02-20-2015, 05:16 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

This is why those of us that lost the PTS lottery are all crying right now. Of course, if everyone who wanted PTS got it, the demand and premium would be much lower. Then it would be individual style and desire for a paticular color would drive values. In a perfect world where PTS was available for every order, you would probably kiss the $5K premium good bye the minute you took delivery.

On the other hand, when Porsche requires the double secret handshake and encyclopedic knowledge of the process (in German no less), of course those that make it through the gauntlet get the prize, err premium. Nothing wrong with that, we live in a free enterprise country, scarcity drives up prices when there is demand- someone will pay- look at the Gulf Orange that I wanted to do PTS, went for at least 20K over. Nobody is mad at her for paying it, we just wish she was our wife!
Old 02-20-2015, 05:21 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wowowow.

terrible.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:24 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

The Mexico Blue that Rusnak is getting in is kinda a weird one. Black wheels, black LEDS, 4-way seats but with leather seatbacks (barf), brushed AL trim.

I really, really wanted Mexico Blue, but I'm not willing to give up my buckets and options that I picked for a car with the options I really don't like or want just b/c of the color.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:01 PM
911Monte
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

50k? That's money better spent on half a GT4. It's peaking right now pre RS. Once RS is out the upgraders will be unloading their current 991 GT3 and there will be a handful to choose from. Not to mention new speculation on the next bigger and better thing, possible .2 updates.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:06 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nlpamg
The Mexico Blue that Rusnak is getting in is kinda a weird one. Black wheels, black LEDS, 4-way seats but with leather seatbacks (barf), brushed AL trim.

I really, really wanted Mexico Blue, but I'm not willing to give up my buckets and options that I picked for a car with the options I really don't like or want just b/c of the color.
I mentioned just that earlier in this thread. The build is really kinda sh!tty and all over the place. One would think that when a dealer with plenty of experience in knowing what options are most desirable, that they'd spec it more attractively than this.

I guess my Metallic white with LWB's, PCCB'S, yellow belts, and L.e.d. headlights will have to do!!
Old 02-20-2015, 07:21 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default It's a sad mess and a marketing & sales failure!

Originally Posted by montoya
This is why those of us that lost the PTS lottery are all crying right now. Of course, if everyone who wanted PTS got it, the demand and premium would be much lower. Then it would be individual style and desire for a paticular color would drive values. In a perfect world where PTS was available for every order, you would probably kiss the $5K premium good bye the minute you took delivery.

On the other hand, when Porsche requires the double secret handshake and encyclopedic knowledge of the process (in German no less), of course those that make it through the gauntlet get the prize, err premium. Nothing wrong with that, we live in a free enterprise country, scarcity drives up prices when there is demand- someone will pay- look at the Gulf Orange that I wanted to do PTS, went for at least 20K over. Nobody is mad at her for paying it, we just wish she was our wife!
Well said, Montoya. But I will go further. PAG is leaving money on the table by making PTS so damn complicated & purposely opaque. I have dedicated almost three years here at Rennlist trying to shed light on the process, educate our members on the color choices & build up enthusiasm in general for PTS! And just as interest started to peak, PAG shuts down PTS for the balance of MY2015 and leaves hundreds of customers 'frustrated' & 'pissed'. Some, to be frank, have been lost forever. This is no way for a serious automotive company to run an important program like this. And I am personally very disappointed I spent so much energy promoting an option that has been so badly fumbled by Porsche, both by the folks than ran it here in North America as well as those at 'Porsche Exclusive' headquarters in Zuffenhausen!
And it leaves me wondering if I should continue spending any valuable time on this effort...

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 02-20-2015, 08:25 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
Well said, Montoya. But I will go further. PAG is leaving money on the table by making PTS so damn complicated & purposely opaque. I have dedicated almost three years here at Rennlist trying to shed light on the process, educate our members on the color choices & build up enthusiasm in general for PTS! And just as interest started to peak, PAG shuts down PTS for the balance of MY2015 and leaves hundreds of customers 'frustrated' & 'pissed'. Some, to be frank, have been lost forever. This is no way for a serious automotive company to run an important program like this. And I am personally very disappointed I spent so much energy promoting an option that has been so badly fumbled by Porsche, both by the folks than ran it here in North America as well as those at 'Porsche Exclusive' headquarters in Zuffenhausen!
And it leaves me wondering if I should continue spending any valuable time on this effort...

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Eduardo, thank you for all the time and effort you put into educating us about PTS. I've found your posts to be very informative, helpful and interesting.

I for one am one of the frustrated customers. I didn't like any of the other colors offered, so I "settled" on white. I would have gladly paid $5,500 more for a nicer shade of blue.

I'm friends with some people at AMG and for the release of the AMG GT S, they tried to emulate Porsche (except for the nickel and diming of every option) and they were rather surprised that Porsche would not do PTS for me on this car. They offered me virtually whatever color and combination I wanted. But alas, it's AMG and not a Porsche. They're catching up and if the AMG GT3 was out (which it may be a few years from now), I would have gladly given this car up.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:46 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Thank-you Eduardo and please don't give up! Someday it will happen for me and I will thank-you even more then!
Old 02-20-2015, 11:55 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Eduardo, you're not going anywhere, we RL's won't let you. The passion and effort you put forth on this forum is priceless. Enough said and more importantly, thank you!!!!!

Quick Reply: Birch Green GT3