Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compensation - who did not take delivery (Cat B)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Where are the 3 stickers supposed to be? I didn't really look, but I definitely have one on inside of engine cover.

Jim-- are you replacing with stock stone guards? I'm going to do clear bra, rockers, and extending up to rear fenders and covering a larger area. Not as thick as the stone guards, but should offer adequate protection, more area, and no yellowing.
Tim, see my note to Jim above. You've obviously found the one under the engine lid. In addition to the one under the edge of the trunk lid there is also one inside the passenger side door frame up between the hinges.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:02 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry to reawaken this thread but I'm still talking to Porsche about getting compensation for my engine swap.

I'm being told that because the car was at the factory then I don't get compensation. That has been the same message given to all UK Cat B owners in my position. Cat B where it made it to the dealer have been compensated.

My question is: has anyone who's a Cat B where the car was not shipped/at factory been compensated? And whereabouts in the world are you?

I do think it's a bit off that they appear to have drawn the line there. My car has had its engine swapped and has a certificate to prove it etc. It should be a bit like buying a refurbished iPhone directly from Apple. You can do it and you get a small discount!
Old 01-14-2015, 01:24 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, and in the US. All cat B here regardless of dealer delivered or factory exchange received the same comp of $2000/month.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:40 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Yes, and in the US. All cat B here regardless of dealer delivered or factory exchange received the same comp of $2000/month.
Thanks Doubleurx!

Anyone else from other countries? The more to support my case the better!
Old 01-14-2015, 10:10 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paul Graville
Thanks Doubleurx! Anyone else from other countries? The more to support my case the better!
Paul, we also got our 18 way seat orders reimbursed in full - additional $2600 or so, and received an invite for a weekend in Atlanta for a track event at PCNA. Still waiting on the details.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:58 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Just had a chat with Customer Services at PUK and they were arguing pretty strongly against me. They didn't agree that a car with its engine swapped and an accompanying certificate was in any way substandard. The guy said he was going to raise it with PAG but as he doesn't appear to have sympathy I doubt he will argue my case very hard with them. He's apparently going to ask them about inconsistencies between UK and US market for Cat B owners.

My view is if you have a swap and a certificate you should get comp as it's like buying a refurbished iPhone.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:30 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Graville
Just had a chat with Customer Services at PUK and they were arguing pretty strongly against me. They didn't agree that a car with its engine swapped and an accompanying certificate was in any way substandard. The guy said he was going to raise it with PAG but as he doesn't appear to have sympathy I doubt he will argue my case very hard with them. He's apparently going to ask them about inconsistencies between UK and US market for Cat B owners. My view is if you have a swap and a certificate you should get comp as it's like buying a refurbished iPhone.
Did they give you the option of declining the car purchase when the swap was presented?

If they gave you the option of canceling your order and you still decided to go through with it they may have a point.

There is no doubt the 2014 swapped versions will be less valuable than the 2015's. With all the buybacks as well, there will be confusion in the second hand market and 2014's will have a small dark cloud over them.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:32 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG991
Did they give you the option of declining the car purchase when the swap was presented? If they gave you the option of canceling your order and you still decided to go through with it they may have a point. There is no doubt the 2014 swapped versions will be less valuable than the 2015's. With all the buybacks as well, there will be confusion in the second hand market and 2014's will have a small dark cloud over them.
I'm hopeful that is not the case. I've only heard of 20 buy backs, and the 2014 year was very low production compared to the 15 for an identical car. They will be "the story" car!.......actually I could care less, I'll keep this thing long enough that it will never matter in any substantial way.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:14 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

+1 on this

Originally Posted by Terrence
The $2000 per month compensation was communicated and offered to me well before I have even heard of the Action Group. I don't think it has anything to do with that.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:33 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Paul, we also got our 18 way seat orders reimbursed in full - additional $2600 or so, and received an invite for a weekend in Atlanta for a track event at PCNA. Still waiting on the details.
I also received 4 new tires due to long stay at the port . Tires will be installed when my dash gets here end of this month.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:31 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I waited over 20 months for a 2015 and got clear side markers and a key chain for free. Yippee.

Quick Reply: Compensation - who did not take delivery (Cat B)