Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compensation - who did not take delivery (Cat B)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 01:10 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Compensation - who did not take delivery (Cat B)

Apparently if you did not take delivery before the stop sale, no letter or signature is necessary for compensation. PCNA or the GT3 concierge will compute the amount and request the check to be sent. I did not receive a letter and was concerned. Made a phone call and Ian was very helpful and took care of everything. Just make sure they have your delivery date and it should be taken care of without an actual document. In my case the compensation computed is, in my opinion, quite generous. I have no doubt that is because of the actions and communication of the Action Group with PCNA. This board has been instrumental in not only great information, but great actions. Thanks to all involved. Glad I'm not the only insane addict out there.

Jeff
Old 08-26-2014, 01:26 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm confused, I guess there could be a loss considered, but I'm really not sure it would be equivalent to those that followed through with the purchase. That is very generous indeed.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:35 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I'm confused, I guess there could be a loss considered, but I'm really not sure it would be equivalent to those that followed through with the purchase. That is very generous indeed.
Yea, I was a ED customer and had to cancel everything and go with domestic delivery because of the stop sale. I anticipated an issue or delay because it was the first year of an entirely new high performance engine. Didn't think it would take as long as it did but I wasn't expecting compensation just the extended warranty. After I took delivery there was just a little miscommunication, mainly because of my expectations. All in all very happy with how PCNA has handled my situation and again no doubt they were influenced by other members of this little group of enthusiasts.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:36 PM
Terrence
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

The $2000 per month compensation was communicated and offered to me well before I have even heard of the Action Group. I don't think it has anything to do with that.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

I have a call in to Ian. That is all fine that I do not need to sign anything but I would like the extended warranty in writing and the Certificate for my engine replacement. He has always gotten back to me same day so maybe he is on vacation
Old 08-26-2014, 01:48 PM
azzurri
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 95 Posts

Did you not get the certificate when you took delivery? I got an envelope this past Saturday with a folder labeled Zertifikat enclosing the replacement certificate.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:12 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Terrence
The $2000 per month compensation was communicated and offered to me well before I have even heard of the Action Group. I don't think it has anything to do with that.
Yes but how they compute the total amounts, what dates they use considering I never actually took delivery of the vehicle prior to the stop sale. It could have been anything from the factory to ED to actual delivery to the USA. Literally PCNA could have decided what date to use and given very little compensation. I believe the action group and boards like this have influenced them to be very generous. I in no way had a case against Porsche, these things happen and other than an extended warranty or not buying the car I had little recourse. In stead I have bought 2 cars from them this year and hope to get an RS next year, and PCNA's reaction to this mess has greatly influenced my decisions.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:17 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by azzurri
Did you not get the certificate when you took delivery? I got an envelope this past Saturday with a folder labeled Zertifikat enclosing the replacement certificate.
Engine replacement certificate was in the front boot. Previous GT3 owners who had already taken delivery prior to the stop/sale also had a letter for the compensation which needed to be signed, at least that was my understanding. For those of us who simply had to wait to buy our ordered cars, compensation is dependent upon actually taking delivery. Once Ian or the other GT3 concierge members have the delivery date, they compute the compensation and send in the request, and I believe that it is all in house PCNA not Porsche AG in Germany, 2-3 weeks later should have our checks.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:20 PM
azzurri
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 95 Posts

Actually you are also supposed to get the letter separately. The front boot has the sticker detail but a document was to be provided as well. Regardless of the delivery date
Old 08-26-2014, 02:51 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Certificate/document inside a Porsche folder inside my front boot. I think the dealership just put it there but as I was originally going for ED some things were a bit different. They also included the ED emergency kit and hazard triangle which I received with my ED 991 but not my domestic 991S cabrio. There also was some confusion about floor mats which have to be ordered and were but didn't end up in the car. Things can get confusing when you have a stopsale and then switch from ED to domestic so I didn't care. I wish I could have taken her on the 'Ring though, hopefully with the RS!
Old 08-26-2014, 02:58 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I have a call in to Ian. That is all fine that I do not need to sign anything but I would like the extended warranty in writing and the Certificate for my engine replacement. He has always gotten back to me same day so maybe he is on vacation
Jim -- my dealer lost my folder! It was in the car from the port but when I took delivery it was gone...

Regardless, call Ian and ask for all the paperwork--engine certification, AE11 checklist (all that was done post swap), and extended warranty. I've asked for all of that, including the same folder / folio thing I should have received at delivery and I've asked it to be FedEx'd to my home. It's in process, but they need PAG to print it, etc.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Well - They have my car now replacing the stone guard and changing the hardwire on my radar. I will talk to them about all of this. I also only have (1) engine sticker and it is on the inside of passenger's door. Small strip about 3 inches long and very narrow.

Can any one confirm engine stickers?

I actually do not want to see my dealer any more until my oil change before storage at end of Nov. I just need to be enjoying the car. My wife is out of town on business and I have my 4 1/2 Son for the week so I will have to wait until Friday to enjoy her. Was a blast driving to Dealer in the AM though

My Son and I watched "Need for Speed" which is a new release on video- actually pretty cool. I then had to open my door to my garage to look at her.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:20 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Well - They have my car now replacing the stone guard and changing the hardwire on my radar. I will talk to them about all of this. I also only have (1) engine sticker and it is on the inside of passenger's door. Small strip about 3 inches long and very narrow. Can any one confirm engine stickers? I actually do not want to see my dealer any more until my oil change before storage at end of Nov. I just need to be enjoying the car. My wife is out of town on business and I have my 4 1/2 Son for the week so I will have to wait until Friday to enjoy her. Was a blast driving to Dealer in the AM though My Son and I watched "Need for Speed" which is a new release on video- actually pretty cool. I then had to open my door to my garage to look at her.
Where are the 3 stickers supposed to be? I didn't really look, but I definitely have one on inside of engine cover.

Jim-- are you replacing with stock stone guards? I'm going to do clear bra, rockers, and extending up to rear fenders and covering a larger area. Not as thick as the stone guards, but should offer adequate protection, more area, and no yellowing.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Well - They have my car now replacing the stone guard and changing the hardwire on my radar. I will talk to them about all of this. I also only have (1) engine sticker and it is on the inside of passenger's door. Small strip about 3 inches long and very narrow.
Are you sure? Every car, whether before or after the engine replacement, should I believe have 3 Thatcham stickers. Lift the engine lid and look at the trailing edge under the lip on the right hand side. There should be one there. Also, lift the frunk lid and look along the passenger side edge of the lid. There should be one there as well.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:38 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

^ Will be at Dealer to pick her up in an hour and will review

^^Replacing with same but having Cquartz done next week so yellowing will not be an issue. But - the route you are going probably better in the long haul. If you keep your car clean and treat(protect)t the film yellowing should not be an issue. If it does yellow again it was $78 delivered to house for the pair

Quick Reply: Compensation - who did not take delivery (Cat B)