Sponsored by:

Agate Grey 991 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 08:25 PM
brass4321
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mainly
that would be the only reason i can see to get the passport , for the laser jammer. although i dont know if id have the courage to try it out, since over 50 over is an automatic court appearance where i live, and possibility of losing your license. and besides, what if the pull over anyway and see you have the jammer? since its illegal, would they cease it??

i like the v1 as it seems to actually DETECT photo radar as well as speed traps etc, not just alarm when the gps detects one. the 9500 i had didnt work for photo radar.
I was also thinking about the V1. I'm just not sure if I want to deal with all the false alarms as I live in an urban area (Miami).
Old 08-18-2014, 08:34 PM
Dude-
Pro

To Answer your question Mainly. Yup. Heres the thing about this car... I know everyone loves it and I get that. Whether its looks, handling, speed, all good stuff. This is a car that I can actually drive everyday and enjoy it. A car that I don't care if I put on 100K miles because there is no other car in that class that can do that. It is "Super car value at everyday price". Sure there are some things that can be improved and nothing is perfect but this is as close to perfect as I've seen on any car.
It doesn't have the most horse power, the biggest wheels, the highest wing or the most fins on a diffuser but some how its works and more importantly, there only a few of them around. So the question is not should I wait or not, its do I want to pass up on this deal.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:01 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Congratulations on the car. The red interior accents go very well with the gray. I can't wait to get mine but I'm probably at least 5 months away.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:20 PM
vtxdrew
Intermediate

Look what just arrive 30 minutes ago!!!

Old 08-18-2014, 09:28 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 10 Posts

vtxdrew, Very nice! Congrats! The black wheels look awesome. I trust that you will post some more picts when you take delivery. Enjoy!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:33 PM
mdkim
Racer

Wow if those are Porsche's "high gloss" black wheels, they look great! They're actually closer to a semi-gloss finish. I don't really care for the black finish on the 997s' wheels but perhaps they've toned down the lacquer finish? I will have to re-think things...

Congrats on the cars!!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Dude-
Pro

Congrat VtX, the black wheels on agate look superb.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:38 PM
vtxdrew
Intermediate

Congrats yourself, Dude!

The gloss black wheels look even better in person than I imagined! I will be sad to turn over my 997.1 TT but this car is everything AND more than I could have imagined so far.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Dude-
Pro

Stay off the 9K buddy. Stay low and ask a lot of questions. All your questions will be answered when the 9K finally speaks.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:55 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

The black wheels look great and it is the only option I'm currently debating besides color. I was hoping for satin black like on the cayman gts, but those wheels look great. Can you post a few close up pics of them when you have a chance please? How glossy are they?
Old 08-18-2014, 10:21 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Those black wheels do look good! Hmmm, and there I thought they were too glossy... are they? is it the light or picture that makes them look lighter?

BTW, the 2nd pic really shows the gap/height of the lifter in what I presume is the raised position.

Originally Posted by Jon70
The black wheels look great and it is the only option I'm currently debating besides color.
Crumbs! So you've still got some of the hardest decisions to make left!

If it's any consolation, I'm still going back and forth on color, to pccb or steel, 4 way (because they were so good when I tried them) or 18 way seats.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:52 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 157 Posts

I ordered a black car. I am still thinking about black vs satin wheels.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The car is on delivery chocks hence the front height. The lifter is only just over 1".

The wheels in real life are very glossy. The photo is in poor light and there is dust on the wheels.

Go with the stock seats and save 2500$. The 18 way have no memory and are the same design/shape. Once you set them youll not change them. Unless you are an unusal build the stock seats are plenty.

All IMO
Old 08-19-2014, 12:09 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Mike, Congrats ,Good thing you didn't drink any of that trollaid ! that stuff is poison .

quite a special 3 ! Did you do the optional rear unit install on your 9500ci ?

Impressive install

Have fun and enjoy
Old 08-19-2014, 12:39 AM
mainly
Racer

Originally Posted by Dude-
To Answer your question Mainly. Yup. Heres the thing about this car... I know everyone loves it and I get that. Whether its looks, handling, speed, all good stuff. This is a car that I can actually drive everyday and enjoy it. A car that I don't care if I put on 100K miles because there is no other car in that class that can do that. It is "Super car value at everyday price". Sure there are some things that can be improved and nothing is perfect but this is as close to perfect as I've seen on any car.
It doesn't have the most horse power, the biggest wheels, the highest wing or the most fins on a diffuser but some how its works and more importantly, there only a few of them around. So the question is not should I wait or not, its do I want to pass up on this deal.
youre lucky to be in the position to be able to drive it everyday.

unfortunately where i live theres 8 inches of snow and -30 C for 6 months of the year. so im still on the fence.

i work out of town for 6 months of the year, so that leaves 3 months left to enjoy the gt3. so i have a decision to make. i mean i know its going to be good, but its it THAT good?

Quick Reply: Agate Grey 991 GT3