Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please tell me this GT3 is in GT Silver!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 10 Posts

I too am in the GT Silver fan club. My build locks very soon so I just went up to Hennessy Porsche to see if they have a GT Silver car in stock. To my surprise, they have a Turbo sitting on the showroom floor. The color is beautiful. It is very deep and flows around the car like liquid metal. It really compliments the curves of the vehicle. One of the challenges, however, is that it does not photograph well (at least with a phone). The pictures I took look dark and shadowy and that is not what the car looks like when you are standing next to it. Its just one of those colors you need to see in person to fully appreciate. Personally, I think GT Silver will make a truly special GT3.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Lodi
I too am in the GT Silver fan club. My build locks very soon so I just went up to Hennessy Porsche to see if they have a GT Silver car in stock. To my surprise, they have a Turbo sitting on the showroom floor. The color is beautiful. It is very deep and flows around the car like liquid metal. It really compliments the curves of the vehicle. One of the challenges, however, is that it does not photograph well (at least with a phone). The pictures I took look dark and shadowy and that is not what the car looks like when you are standing next to it. Its just one of those colors you need to see in person to fully appreciate. Personally, I think GT Silver will make a truly special GT3.
Thanks for that Lodi. The more I find out about it, the more I like it! I had a look at a 991 Turbo in GT Silver and the colour really is magnificent.

Once we get our cars maybe a running in drive up in the Smokies, perhaps the Cherohala? I have a friend in Chattanooga who's already taken delivery of a white GT3 and he'd probably join in.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:46 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 10 Posts

Haku, I believe I might have talked to your friend a couple of weeks ago. I'm guessing there are not many GT3s in Chattanooga. I am getting my car from Porsche of Chattanooga and my salesman connected my with one of his customers. He was very helpful. Is this where your car is coming from?

A fall/early winter run in the Smokies would be awesome! Lets plan on it. My delivery date is Nov 28. Maybe we can find a couple others from North GA/TN to join. That would be a pretty cool sight!
Old 08-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Lodi
Haku, I believe I might have talked to your friend a couple of weeks ago. I'm guessing there are not many GT3s in Chattanooga. I am getting my car from Porsche of Chattanooga and my salesman connected my with one of his customers. He was very helpful. Is this where your car is coming from?

A fall/early winter run in the Smokies would be awesome! Lets plan on it. My delivery date is Nov 28. Maybe we can find a couple others from North GA/TN to join. That would be a pretty cool sight!
What a small world... My dealer is also Porsche of Chattanooga!!... PM sent!

Quick Reply: Please tell me this GT3 is in GT Silver!