Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014 | 02:12 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Talking Shark Werks GT3 Exhaust video

hey folks I'm glad to be seeing these engines now being replaced and a lot of these back on the road again We've been sending our exhausts to a few places around the globe and so I figured I'd share this video that was made by a customer in Qatar:

Old 07-29-2014 | 03:12 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Do you have any install locations in ATL?
Old 07-29-2014 | 03:32 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

You need to show a comparison between before and after.
Old 07-29-2014 | 03:40 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Do you have any install locations in ATL?
We actually do.. Hennessy Porsche has done plenty of these and earlier GT3s over the years That would be the first port of call.

Originally Posted by Nick
You need to show a comparison between before and after.
Hi Nick yep I've got some local footage to go through and edit with the before/after. This was just an enthusiastic customer that sent me one
Old 07-29-2014 | 03:46 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

OMG. I just **** my pants.
Old 07-29-2014 | 03:57 PM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

No affiliation

But, when you all hear this in person you will not hesitate a second to buy it. It just gives you the "Holly ****" factor when you hit the sport exhaust button. If you do not hit it there really is no difference which is good so you can run stock or "Holly S..t" when ever you desire.
Old 07-29-2014 | 04:18 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
No affiliation But, when you all hear this in person you will not hesitate a second to buy it. It just gives you the "Holly ****" factor when you hit the sport exhaust button. If you do not hit it there really is no difference which is good so you can run stock or "Holly S..t" when ever you desire.
Wow. I might need to get one. I wonder if there's an aftermarket "Holy Sh*t" button to replace the standard Sport Exhaust one.
Old 07-29-2014 | 04:35 PM
TrackFan
Banned

I like this version of your exhaust for the track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-hLsVKDq5s#t=21
Old 07-29-2014 | 04:45 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

With most days being 90dB at Laguna Seca, I'm sure you'd fail sound. Also, was there something wrong with the factory exhaust? From the videos I've seen (and heard one in person), the car sounds pretty fantastic by itself without needing a "hey, look at the a-hole in a GT3" exhaust.
Old 07-29-2014 | 04:52 PM
TrackFan
Banned

His exhaust is lighter, and has some more HP. As you know. Taking weight off the rear of a Porsche is always a good thing.
Old 07-29-2014 | 04:58 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
With most days being 90dB at Laguna Seca, I'm sure you'd fail sound. Also, was there something wrong with the factory exhaust? From the videos I've seen (and heard one in person), the car sounds pretty fantastic by itself without needing a "hey, look at the a-hole in a GT3" exhaust.
Why do you have to make such a comment on a forum sponsor advertising thread?
Most people like more sound.
Who gives a s**t what they allow at Laguna Seca or what someone on the street thinks?!
Old 07-29-2014 | 05:08 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neanicu
Who gives a s**t what they allow at Laguna Seca or what someone on the street thinks?!
+964. Alex and the crew were awesome to work with when I purchased my 7-3. Can't wait to get another GT3 and install a Sharkwerks exhaust yet again. Keep up the good work boys!!!

Mike

Old 07-29-2014 | 05:56 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

hey mayoradamwest... you're right even in stock form these will fail laguna seca as far as sound goes We've had to make/use stuff like this on GT3's:

http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=281

On RS' we had to force valves closed etc... and/or people have to lift (with the stock exhaust even). Annoying but....

You're absolutely correct these cars do sound very good from the factory so it's not without some back/forth and fine tuning that we came out with this stuff. One of the main things is that you can still use the switch/valves so that in normal mode you're fully utilizing the side mufflers as per stock and it barely sounds any louder at all. We want that way so that in the mornings or city driving you can be kind to those around you.... I hate drone and resonance too so there's none of that either. Push the button however and yes it gets more exotic and louder. So if you want to hear that note more, pass a tunnel or have some space etc... it's there. The third muffler as per 997-gt3 was really meant for stricter sound laws in Germany and parts of the EU.

Here's a video to show you it's much like stock with the button off vs on:
Originally Posted by TrackFan
I like this version of your exhaust for the track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-hLsVKDq5s#t=21
Hah thanks and yes we've had some track guys already use these.

Gets some weight off the rear and heat off the rear tires for track purposes as it's very loud (cup car-ish):
Originally Posted by 0Q991
Wow. I might need to get one. I wonder if there's an aftermarket "Holy Sh*t" button to replace the standard Sport Exhaust one.
LOL we should make that!
Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
No affiliation

But, when you all hear this in person you will not hesitate a second to buy it. It just gives you the "Holly ****" factor when you hit the sport exhaust button. If you do not hit it there really is no difference which is good so you can run stock or "Holly S..t" when ever you desire.
Aw thanks Jimmy-D... we dig it here.

Originally Posted by orthojoe
OMG. I just **** my pants.
Haha too funny Joe Pampers of huggies intead of rubber sharks right?
Originally Posted by TrackFan
His exhaust is lighter, and has some more HP. As you know. Taking weight off the rear of a Porsche is always a good thing.

Originally Posted by neanicu
Laguna Seca sure is getting stricter by the year... I remember when 94 was ok. Either way any stock GT3 or turbo these days blows up sound without some prep work sigh... I know let's go buy a house right next to a world-famous race track and then complain to the authorities about the noise, right
Originally Posted by K964
+964. Alex and the crew were awesome to work with when I purchased my 7-3. Can't wait to get another GT3 and install a Sharkwerks exhaust yet again. Keep up the good work boys!!!

Mike
Nice one Mike! Frequent-flyer miles get cashed in
Old 07-29-2014 | 06:05 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

To be clear, I like Sharkwerks, and think they make great stuff. I'm just not sure I understand why I'd want my GT3 exhaust to be louder and bring more attention to myself. It was not meant to be a knock against Sharky. I'd be more interested in exhaust pieces that were lighter, added some power (though I doubt you'll get much in a bolt on for the GT3), but had a switch to make them quieter for Laguna.
Old 07-29-2014 | 06:11 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

To be clear, I like Sharkwerks, and think they make great stuff. I'm just not sure I understand why I'd want my GT3 exhaust to be louder and bring more attention to myself. It was not meant to be a knock against Sharky. I'd be more interested in exhaust pieces that were lighter, added some power (though I doubt you'll get much in a bolt on for the GT3), but had a switch to make them quieter for Laguna.
Hah maybe it's fun I guess You'd have to hear it. There's obnoxiously loud and then there's exotic loud. I think the pitch/tone is more in that department I've had some very well-known porsche people thumbs up the sound before. I would say maybe sometime come listen/check it out. You might like it you might not of course. It'd be hard to save significant weight in the rear without inducing drone/resonance. You'd have to remove/replace the sides and that's where the drone/resonance comes in unfortunately. Oh and it would be much louder too

PS Oh the other nice thing about he 991gt3 version of our exhaust is NO bumper removal required. It literally takes an hour to swap so...

Quick Reply: Shark Werks GT3 Exhaust video