Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Latest Paint-to-Sample Approved Colors List from PAG (as of July, 2014)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 11:37 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Double post
Old 07-09-2014, 11:49 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Sweet, thanks for posting those pictures.

I love that Ice Blue Metallic.

Don't know what this community would do without you. Just even the point you felt you needed to do that proves that I'am color blind - and Nordic Metallic Gold has an Orange hue.

Again thank you.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:23 AM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 10 Posts

Gulf Orange anyone?

Last edited by Lodi; 11-10-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Don't know what this community would do without you.
You sound so sincere by saying that!

But to clarify that point from my perspective. Rennlist would do just fine without me. Perhaps with a little less deviating stitching & PTS in the minds & hearts of our readers...but otherwise just fine! I used to devote all of my time to reading up on politics in the internet. But I have been so frustrated with what is going on in our nation that I have turned to my car hobby to keep me from going totally 'mad'!

For better or worse, Rennlist now has more of my attention than ever before! You'll all will be the judge if that is ultimately good or bad for this forum!

Just even the point you felt you needed to do that proves that I'am color blind - and Nordic Metallic Gold has an Orange hue.
I am sorry if I sounded a little protective of 'Crystal Blue'. I simply adore that color and didn't want you get it confuse with another shade of blue. And you must know I just love to kid you about your great love for 'Nordic Gold Metallic'. There are so few of you that shared a passion for that color that it's a great source of wonder & astonishment for me. But it takes all kinds...even those that love some of these unusual hues that Porsche has produced! I sincerely hope I haven't offended you...and I am sorry if I did. I also didn't mean it about the dust in Bakersfield! Really...I didn't.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images   
Old 07-10-2014, 09:21 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Thank you, your post does mean a lot to me. And I do appreciate you reading between the lines with my post.

And if it wasn't for another ill parent I would be back in my native Long Beach living a real life. I'm just grateful I have work that affords me the ability of working remotely.

And another and, those two blues have nothing to do with each other.

And Sascha Glasear's Panamera in Nordic - which is up for sale.

You know Porsche footed the bill on that car. And I about crapped my pants when he sent me the pics saying he PTSed Nordic. Ya know the HMFIC of Customer Consultation & Tequipment configed his own car.
Attached Images    

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 07-10-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:10 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by Lodi
Gulf Orange anyone?
Where did you get that picture, during a design session?

I thought the Gulf Colors were officially off the table - but just not together at once on the same time one the same car eh?
Old 07-10-2014, 03:17 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems like Basalt Black should be on this list, no?
Old 07-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

I thought the Gulf Colors were officially off the table
'Gulf Blue' and 'Gulf Orange' were added to the list a while back and we are very happy for that!

Originally Posted by eilig
Seems like Basalt Black should be on this list, no?
It is on the latest PTS list (see attached #1). Undergoing feasibility study for the 991/981. Apparently someone has requested it as PTS now that the color was replaced by 'Jet Black Metallic' or 'tiefschwarz'. That is how 'Basalt' got on this PTS list!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images  
Old 07-10-2014, 06:27 PM
gt3racerich
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
The photos that I took at the factory of the 'Lichtgrün' cabriolet are not particularly faithful to the color in daylight. See these other photos (first 3) of the .2 997 gt3 RS that was ordered & sold by Pioneer/Porsche of San Diego a few years ago. That is really what 'Lichtgrün' looks like!

I have also heard that a gt3 customer is looking into ordering 'Chartreuse' or 'Lime Green', also an equally historic early 911 color. The color code is 226. That has yet to be tested, but hopefully that will happen soon! That color is a bit similar to 'Lichtgrün'...yet very different! (see last three photos)

It's never been a better time to order PTS from Porsche. The color selection available to us customers is getting better with each updated PTS list!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

I don't know what color lichtgrun is but I was under the impression that the GT3RS in the first 3 photos is birch green?
Rich
Old 07-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 'Birch Green' is indeed 'Lichtgrün'!

Originally Posted by gt3racerich
I don't know what color lichtgrun is but I was under the impression that the GT3RS in the first 3 photos is birch green?
Rich
'Birch Green' and 'Lichtgrün' are one and the same. It is a 1974/1975 historical early 911 color that could be special order from the factory at that time! Today's PTS 'Lichtgrün' has the same color code (253) as the old 1974/1975 'Birch Green/Lichtgrün', so that is very significant & tells you it's the same color too!

PAG, however, made the mistake to give it a new English name when they approved this color for PTS in the late 997 period! So they translated Lichtgrün as 'Light Green' and forgot that historically the English name for this color was 'Birch Green'. See the attached sample color piece from 'Porsche Exclusive' at Zuffenhausen which I tool last year (photos #1 & #2)!

A bit of brain fade...or simply the lack of historical perspective from some of the younger folks that presently run 'Porsche Exclusive' (see photo #3 of 'Birch Green/Lichtgrün' color selections in 1974/1975)

Yes that gt3 RS was indeed 'Birch Green/Lichtgrün' and custom ordered by the fine folks at Pioneer/Porsche of San Diego. It arrived late March/early April of 2011. It came with a beautiful book with its production progress that is an option at 'Porsche Exclusive' whenever you order a PTS Porsche (see photo #4 & #5). I should talk more about that in my 'Custom Ordering' thread. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images      
Old 07-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Warren99
Racer

Received 279 Likes on 125 Posts

I was curious about that book showing the RS when I saw it earlier. So that's something you can order with a PTS car? Does Porsche Exclusive still offer that? Thanks again for all the info on PTS.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
There is a weird addition - AcidBlue - to the latest list which is now under feasibility study (photo #2).
Not too weird...did you notice it is on the list of 1974 colors you provided above as Bahama Blue?

I like Ice Blue...reminds me if my Light Blue Metallic 1980 911SC. Atlas Grey is still my favorite, though...but I am certainly not going to order a Panamera in order to get it...
Old 07-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Not too weird...did you notice it is on the list of 1974 colors you provided above as Bahama Blue?
Brilliant! Good catch...so that is it --'Acid Blue' = 'Bahama Blue'!!! I failed to make the connection. Indeed that is the same color code 354 that is today under consideration for PTS!

Over at another of our color threads, Rennlister Jamie140 provided us a link to a Pelican thread that has a 'Bahama Blue' 1974 911 Carrera for us to see! That color is positively stunning! I hope it is approved for PTS.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images   
Old 07-10-2014, 10:20 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

looks like you can do a PTS on the 911, boxster, cayman, 918, panamera but not available for macan or cayenne? Did Porsche ever do a PTS on the cayenne?
Old 07-11-2014, 08:11 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by jvmax
looks like you can do a PTS on the 911, boxster, cayman, 918, panamera but not available for macan or cayenne? Did Porsche ever do a PTS on the cayenne?
PTS was never available on the Cayenne, as they have always been painted at the VW factory in Bratislava, Slovakia. And with future plans for it to be built entirely outside of Germany, it will probably never be available.

As Porsche continues to pursue sales volume, it will be interesting to see how they balance their Porsche Exclusive marketing and mainstream models like the Macan. As it is painted in Leipzig like the Panamera, I expect theoretically it could get PTS as an option. But with production still ramping up, and looking like demand will exceed supply for the foreseeable future, it may be a while (if ever).

Quick Reply: Latest Paint-to-Sample Approved Colors List from PAG (as of July, 2014)