Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cat. "B" folks with cars at Port

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014 | 11:31 AM
JLG
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Know this is off topic for this thread but i am curious how many on this thread whose cars are at port are getting compensation? The compensation thread doesnt seem to address Cat B folks.
Thanks
Old 08-16-2014 | 11:37 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 918man
My car has been at port teo weeks and it keeps getting moved back for date to dealer.
I m extemely annoyed and i m a 918 customer.

Suggestions on who to call. Its at ri port.

Also can anyone provide me contact information (email tel number n name) on getting refund for memory seat option. I ordered but car will not have.

Thanks in advance.
Ian is the GT3 concierge. I will PM you his cell#. He is compiling all the port delay inquiries and will be calling the port on Monday. Due to all the delivery delays the port is not answering their calls from dealers and regional reps and the reason for Ian to compile a list and with one phone call . Its a perfect time to call him before Monday and leave a message.
Old 08-16-2014 | 11:40 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JLG
Know this is off topic for this thread but i am curious how many on this thread whose cars are at port are getting compensation? The compensation thread doesnt seem to address Cat B folks. Thanks
Car b folks get the same compensation as cat A.

$2k/ month
Extended warranty
Loaner
Old 08-16-2014 | 11:57 AM
918man
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Car b folks get the same compensation as cat A.

$2k/ month
Extended warranty
Loaner
I do have a 918 conceirge. She is at monterey and very slow to respond which is pissing me off quite honestly.

The gm of the porsche store called the regional rep but quite honestly its been a bunch of bs. Very frusturated!

Thanks
Old 08-16-2014 | 12:02 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

918 man just saying, I have been a Ferrari guy for a long time and they have treated me right. The way porsche is treating all the Gt3 folks and now a 918 person paying a Million dollars, I would tell them you respond or send me my money back. Your dealer will go pick up your car if you say that if not get your million back and by an F12 like I did.

This is not a customer service friendly company.
Old 08-16-2014 | 12:27 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Congrats Silverrules! I love the black headlights on white. I ordered it also! Mean looking Panda
Attached Images  
Old 08-16-2014 | 01:03 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,467 Likes on 766 Posts

^ I do not know why people keeping on saying it looks like a panda. I did not order the black because I opted for the LEDs but I think the black looks pretty darn good. But you do then have to tint ect to keep the theme consistent
Old 08-16-2014 | 01:17 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^ I do not know why people keeping on saying it looks like a panda. I did not order the black because I opted for the LEDs but I think the black looks pretty darn good. But you do then have to tint ect to keep the theme consistent
Jimmy make no mistake it looks like a Panda if the exterior is White. it is what it is.
Old 08-16-2014 | 01:21 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

And don't get me wrong - I love the look! I ordered it as well.
Old 08-16-2014 | 01:27 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,467 Likes on 766 Posts

Nick, I will be picking my car up next Sat.. Have you given us a nice detailed report on your thoughts so far. If you did then I apologize because I might of missed it. Would be very interested
Old 08-17-2014 | 03:00 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi All,

I'm very happy to report that after 5 months at port, my car was delivered into my care yesterday. That's the reason why after peppering this board with my posts over the course of the past year, I was strangely offline / silent yesterday.

First and foremost, I wanted to thank the RL community. As a first-time Porsche owner, this forum provided invaluable information and solidarity. Nick, Silverrules, HB Driver and others aboard the Love Boat / Glovis Condor--glad that most or all of us are on the road now! Mike in CA, Macca, SamfromTX, Dude-, jfr, JimmyD, and others--thanks for the various bits of advice and support!

And special thanks to JCBH, who went totally out of his way to walk me through the process and set me up with quality folks at the dealership--thanks, Jeff!!! Really appreciate it!

And as for the car...

1. Condition -- As far as I could tell, it was prepared to my specification (light wash, no detail). And did not appear to be a vehicle that spent nearly half a year lounging at the beach. But I have an appointment with my detailer this week and he'll examine it carefully.

2. Drive -- So far, I've racked up 150 miles since last night. Unfortunately, a good portion was in traffic (LA / OC). But even in traffic, the car is compliant and I can see how it can be a DD. My plan is to break it in over the course of 2 tanks of gas, maybe 3--so I haven't come close to exploring the true character of the car. What I'm struck with immediately are 2 things (even in the under 5k RPM stage)--the car is remarkably responsive to inputs, be it throttle or steering, and the PDK-S is not only instant and smooth, but remarkably intuitive in Auto mode. It's amazing how the car covers ground--it literally feels like it's devouring the road and is so eager to do it, and faster and faster. It's like it eggs you on to make that needle climb. Oh, and you wind up hating when the car is under 3k RPM--that sound is beyond addictive. Can't wait to rack up another few hundred miles to get to really know the new car.

3. Attention -- The one negative thing (not due to the car, but to others...) is attention. Within 30 minutes of hitting the road, a driver in a Ferrari California and a pair of heavily modded Evo's tailgated and cut me off in LA traffic, trying to "race." Yeah. No thanks.

I'll add more impressions--and with pics--soon. But, overall, my lofty expectations were blown away. Utterly. Completely. Very thankful and overwhelmed by the blessing / opportunity to have this machine.

For those still waiting or fighting for an allocation? The effort / pain is well worth it. Hang in there!

Today, I'll be taking my Dad out for a spin--and I hope he'll have as big a smile on his face as I will.
Old 08-17-2014 | 03:09 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Hi All, I'm very happy to report that after 5 months at port, my car was delivered into my care yesterday. That's the reason why after peppering this board with my posts over the course of the past year, I was strangely offline / silent yesterday. First and foremost, I wanted to thank the RL community. As a first-time Porsche owner, this forum provided invaluable information and solidarity. Nick, Silverrules, HB Driver and others aboard the Love Boat / Glovis Condor--glad that most or all of us are on the road now! Mike in CA, Macca, SamfromTX, Dude-, jfr, JimmyD, and others--thanks for the various bits of advice and support! And special thanks to JCBH, who went totally out of his way to walk me through the process and set me up with quality folks at the dealership--thanks, Jeff!!! Really appreciate it! And as for the car... 1. Condition -- As far as I could tell, it was prepared to my specification (light wash, no detail). And did not appear to be a vehicle that spent nearly half a year lounging at the beach. But I have an appointment with my detailer this week and he'll examine it carefully. 2. Drive -- So far, I've racked up 150 miles since last night. Unfortunately, a good portion was in traffic (LA / OC). But even in traffic, the car is compliant and I can see how it can be a DD. My plan is to break it in over the course of 2 tanks of gas, maybe 3--so I haven't come close to exploring the true character of the car. What I'm struck with immediately are 2 things (even in the under 5k RPM stage)--the car is remarkably responsive to inputs, be it throttle or steering, and the PDK-S is not only instant and smooth, but remarkably intuitive in Auto mode. It's amazing how the car covers ground--it literally feels like it's devouring the road and is so eager to do it, and faster and faster. It's like it eggs you on to make that needle climb. Oh, and you wind up hating when the car is under 3k RPM--that sound is beyond addictive. Can't wait to rack up another few hundred miles to get to really know the new car. 3. Attention -- The one negative thing (not due to the car, but to others...) is attention. Within 30 minutes of hitting the road, a driver in a Ferrari California and a pair of heavily modded Evo's tailgated and cut me off in LA traffic, trying to "race." Yeah. No thanks. I'll add more impressions--and with pics--soon. But, overall, my lofty expectations were blown away. Utterly. Completely. Very thankful and overwhelmed by the blessing / opportunity to have this machine. For those still waiting or fighting for an allocation? The effort / pain is well worth it. Hang in there! Today, I'll be taking my Dad out for a spin--and I hope he'll have as big a smile on his face as I will.
Tim,
So glad you are enjoying the car. It sure is gorgeous. Post some pics for everyone to see. Love your interior choices!
Jeff
Old 08-17-2014 | 03:51 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Congrats Tim! Let's see some pics.
Old 08-17-2014 | 04:43 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Hi All,

I'm very happy to report that after 5 months at port, my car was delivered into my care yesterday. That's the reason why after peppering this board with my posts over the course of the past year, I was strangely offline / silent yesterday.

First and foremost, I wanted to thank the RL community. As a first-time Porsche owner, this forum provided invaluable information and solidarity. Nick, Silverrules, HB Driver and others aboard the Love Boat / Glovis Condor--glad that most or all of us are on the road now! Mike in CA, Macca, SamfromTX, Dude-, jfr, JimmyD, and others--thanks for the various bits of advice and support!

And special thanks to JCBH, who went totally out of his way to walk me through the process and set me up with quality folks at the dealership--thanks, Jeff!!! Really appreciate it!

And as for the car...

1. Condition -- As far as I could tell, it was prepared to my specification (light wash, no detail). And did not appear to be a vehicle that spent nearly half a year lounging at the beach. But I have an appointment with my detailer this week and he'll examine it carefully.

2. Drive -- So far, I've racked up 150 miles since last night. Unfortunately, a good portion was in traffic (LA / OC). But even in traffic, the car is compliant and I can see how it can be a DD. My plan is to break it in over the course of 2 tanks of gas, maybe 3--so I haven't come close to exploring the true character of the car. What I'm struck with immediately are 2 things (even in the under 5k RPM stage)--the car is remarkably responsive to inputs, be it throttle or steering, and the PDK-S is not only instant and smooth, but remarkably intuitive in Auto mode. It's amazing how the car covers ground--it literally feels like it's devouring the road and is so eager to do it, and faster and faster. It's like it eggs you on to make that needle climb. Oh, and you wind up hating when the car is under 3k RPM--that sound is beyond addictive. Can't wait to rack up another few hundred miles to get to really know the new car.

3. Attention -- The one negative thing (not due to the car, but to others...) is attention. Within 30 minutes of hitting the road, a driver in a Ferrari California and a pair of heavily modded Evo's tailgated and cut me off in LA traffic, trying to "race." Yeah. No thanks.

I'll add more impressions--and with pics--soon. But, overall, my lofty expectations were blown away. Utterly. Completely. Very thankful and overwhelmed by the blessing / opportunity to have this machine.

For those still waiting or fighting for an allocation? The effort / pain is well worth it. Hang in there!

Today, I'll be taking my Dad out for a spin--and I hope he'll have as big a smile on his face as I will.
Woooohoooooo. Big congrats. So happy for you Tim. Enjoy it. The wait is over. Time to rack up miles now
Old 08-17-2014 | 04:46 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Congrats Silverrules! I love the black headlights on white. I ordered it also! Mean looking Panda
LOL. Panda all the way. Love the blacked out headlight. It really blends in

Quick Reply: Cat. "B" folks with cars at Port