Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Personnel Changes at PCNA's 'Porsche Exclusive' in US!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 06:44 PM
jcoles
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eduardo would know better than me but I got the feeling they can get things done that are not on the config.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:58 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Re: Personal Design Studio in Los Angeles

Originally Posted by Lodi
Does the Design Center have anything available that is not available in the Configurator, or do they just have all of the materials and the expertise to know what works? The concept does sound pretty cool. Kinda like going to the Apple store for a GT3!
Originally Posted by jcoles
Eduardo would know better than me but I got the feeling they can get things done that are not on the config.
As all of us found out after dealing with 'Porsche Exclusive' during our first truly unique custom ordering, there are many things that are not on the configurator that are available to you! For example, deviating stitching is not yet on the configurator but it's readily available on the dealer's computer when ordering a vehicle. Then there are special requests that can be asked for which are not available in neither the configurator nor PCNA's computer ordering screens! These include what are known as CXX requests. You can get so many options that PCNA's ability to complete its required-by-law Monroney window sticker is compromised! They simple lack the necessary room to list all the options on a particular imported vehicle!

As an example of that, please look at the latest 'demo' which the Manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US ordered for 'show & tell' purposes. It is a PTS 'Viper Green' 911 Turbo S Cabriolet with just about every conceivable option possible from Porsche! The total MSRP was $246,685. It has a whole list of add-ons on the sticker...yet it didn't have room to include the final $23,555 worth of options! That in itself tells quite a story of things that can be ordered, yet not found in the configurator, or on the dealer's order system...or even the vehicle's Monroney window sticker!

My actual experiences with 'Porsche Exclusive' have led me to believe you need to do your homework and know what is possible before you set up a meeting with them. That is why I started the threads on 'Custom Ordering' a 991 or 981 here on Rennlist. 'Porsche Exclusive' representatives will not necessarily tell you all that is available or even possible in the short meeting they can have with you. You need to know that ahead of time and then ask them to see if they can make it happen for you! So caveat lector.

If you want to experience the 'full monty' of 'Porsche Exclusive', then a visit to Zuffenhausen is recommended. These tours are restricted...but are available for those that have a special interest in custom ordering their cars! There they have wonderful 'cabinets' that are custom-made to fit all the possible 'Porsche Exclusive' options you can order on your cars. I will post more about this soon at my thread at the link below.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...e-and-you.html

But in the meantime let me give you a glimpse (last photo) of what can be shown to you there! Some of this might be at the 'Personal Design Studio' in Beverly Hills, but not to the same scale!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images       
Old 07-10-2014, 11:09 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 10 Posts

Eduardo, Thank you for the detailed explanation. I knew there were some special requests that could be had, but I had no idea how the extent! Thank you!

Dave
Old 07-10-2014, 11:13 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

An idea to help out Porsche. One option for deviated stitching instead of all the piecemeal sections. I can never under stand partially deviated stitching, if you're going to do any, do the whole car.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:24 PM
RJMcInnis
4th Gear

Does anyone know an actual PHONE number to reach this department? I have sent 4 e-mails over the last 2 weeks with no response. I have called PCNA 3 times. Twice they took my contact info and said they would pass it on. Today, the lady, who claimed to work for Porsche for 2 years, says she has never heard of "Exclusive"...
Old 08-29-2014, 05:02 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RJMcInnis
Does anyone know an actual PHONE number to reach this department? I have sent 4 e-mails over the last 2 weeks with no response. I have called PCNA 3 times. Twice they took my contact info and said they would pass it on. Today, the lady, who claimed to work for Porsche for 2 years, says she has never heard of "Exclusive"...
I posted this response to your message in my custom ordering thread at the 991 forum.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...nd-you-36.html

For the record, let me also post it here:

"There have been days when I too wish I also had never heard of 'Porsche Exclusive'! And I have posted about those days earlier in this thread. It's often very frustrating dealing with them. I wish I could help you, but they have specifically asked me NOT to give out their direct emails or phone numbers...because they are overwhelmed with work!

Clearly 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US needs to re-organize their operation, be more efficient in their program and communicate better with their client base re: their products and actual capabilities. Hopefully, the replacement for Sascha Glaeser (current manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' US formerly based in LA) will arrive shortly in Atlanta from Germany to take over this department here in North America. In the meantime, only Melissa Witek in Atlanta and Matthew Henry in LA are handling the heavy work load. There is talk of adding more staff to handle the increased interest...which ironically in part has been generated by this thread (Custom Ordering threads I started in the 991 & 981 Rennlist forums)! All of this according to Sascha at a meeting I had with him at the Porsche Zentrum at Quail Lodge-Carmel! But I'll believe it when I see it. So far, it's not a very impressive operation...although the results of a PTS exterior or special leather/stitching interior is still very much worthwhile!"

Good luck RJ!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 08-29-2014, 05:24 PM
RJMcInnis
4th Gear

@Z356 Thank you. I double posted in these two areas just hoping someone would provide a number. I know double posting is bad... But my frustration with the process has me close to just cancelling and getting something from another manufacturer that cares more about customer experience. If they really only have 2 or 3 people handling Exclusive for all of NA that seems insane. That has to be the highest profit margin possible. If they are overwhelmed, adding support is a no-brainer...
Old 08-29-2014, 09:09 PM
jcoles
Instructor

I have Matthew Henry's cell number if you will be building your car in Beverly Hills. He helped me with mine and I know have an Oct 24th build date!!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:30 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

Eduardo, as you know they are not only inefficient in the ordering process, they are quite limited in what they can do at the plant. As many of you know, the PTS window by Porsche is somewhat arbitrary and capricious, and despite Melissa's best efforts to make sure I was slotted in the right build window, the PTS window filled up before my production build could be entered (by only 10 days!). So yes Eduardo, you are doing too good a job of promoting it- give it a rest for a while!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:38 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Eduardo, as you know they are not only inefficient in the ordering process, they are quite limited in what they can do at the plant. As many of you know, the PTS window by Porsche is somewhat arbitrary and capricious, and despite Melissa's best efforts to make sure I was slotted in the right build window, the PTS window filled up before my production build could be entered (by only 10 days!). So yes Eduardo, you are doing too good a job of promoting it- give it a rest for a while!
Frankly I cannot understand why it would be so difficult to accommodate you, me, and maybe another 10 worldwide GT3 PTS requests in the current window.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:23 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Cannot point to PCNA for not accommodating; its the factory that is makes all the final decisions and / or flip flopping.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:41 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jcoles
I have Matthew Henry's cell number if you will be building your car in Beverly Hills. He helped me with mine and I know have an Oct 24th build date!!
Jeff, congratulations! Exciting.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:52 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by montoya
So yes Eduardo, you are doing too good a job of promoting it- give it a rest for a while!
Thanks Montoya. I once did just that....

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...and-you-7.html

Originally Posted by luvair
Cannot point to PCNA for not accommodating; its the factory that is makes all the final decisions and / or flip flopping.
If you have been following this as closely as I have, you will understand why I say that 'Porsche Exclusive' in North America could be doing a MUCH better job with this program! But if you are happy, that is all that counts...at least for you!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 08-29-2014, 11:05 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

I don't think that PCNA Exclusive believes they are advocates for the customer, and perhaps that's the way PAG wants it??
Old 08-29-2014, 11:55 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

You know I'm only kidding Eduardo.

Thx for all your help, it's personally Fustrating that it is so hard to accomplish a custom order.

Quick Reply: Personnel Changes at PCNA's 'Porsche Exclusive' in US!