Whats a good R-compound tires that I can daily

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 06:14 PM
G. Chen
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats a good R-compound tires that I can daily

Hey folks,

I know I am in the wrong section, but I figured there would be more track rats in the GT3 forum which can help me out.

I took my bone stock C2S 7MT out to track at Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton, WA last weekend. It was a blast! I have been ripping the track every single session and managed a fastest lap of 1:53.5 (which i'm sure still have 1 sec+ on table), which was amazing considering it was only my first day with C2S and still playing around with tire pressure settings.

However, as it gets later in the afternoon, my tires overheating and understeeting issue got worse, and I found out the inner side of my tires were pretty used up. (After 7 full 20 mins session without any tire management). I was really surprised with how short life these street tires have, even with overheating.

Now I have to find a replacement for my next few upcoming track days this summer. I am debating Pilot Sport Cup2 / Pirelli Trofeo R / Dunlop Sport Max (Dislike R888's) in 245/305 to fit on my stock rims. I daily my car and put down decent miles and plan to use this set of tires over the summer. I'm wondering what would you guys choose? Any suggestions? anyone knows all of their tread wear ratings?

Thanks in advance,
G.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:18 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,976 Likes on 2,816 Posts

Not sure if they come in your size, but Toyo RA-1 and Nitto NT-01 are the best for road & track combined use...
Old 05-19-2014, 06:58 PM
ad_lib
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree Toyo RA-1 is awesome, they are totally livable too.

Quick Reply: Whats a good R-compound tires that I can daily