Now that we are getting calls we need to ask some questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 09:38 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
If for scrap any chance they let u have it? Mike
Good question and the answer is NO! They don't want any one buying the engine and using it. They plan to melt it down for scrap.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:00 AM
Road Racin
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I was also told they would be announcing something soon about the compensation difference.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:19 AM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 501 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by French Model
Placing the engines in the correct places for engines to be would rid the fires. However, since that is not possible, well then not straying far from the fire suppression places a must! He, he!
You were the slow kid in school weren't ya?
Old 05-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,461 Likes on 763 Posts

Nick - your interrogation work is phenomenal. You have delivered some very good info. - Thanks.

Did you find out about the Battery and possible new tires for the Port cars that have sat motionless for almost 5 months by then?

Now - Regarding cars at the port. Do you believe we can put some pressure on our Dealers to bring in professionals to restore the paint on the cars w/o removing any of the clear coat. I am not an expert, by any means, on this stuff.. All my cars when I receive them get clayed barred and then I will use Wolfgangs paint sealant 3.0 or Rejex and then apply wax every 6 to 8 weeks over the sealant and then every Spring repeat the process with the Sealant. My cars have always faired well with my process. But, I have to assume the car will need some thing else when they get it back from the port.

Anyone have any experience or recommendation?
Old 05-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Jimmy, in speaking with Jason he was very confident that the cars would be in new condition when completed. If the car for any reason was not right PCNA would do what it had to to make it right. I don't believe it will be a problem for any of us.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:53 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,461 Likes on 763 Posts

Old 05-17-2014, 12:02 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Nick. Good response. I asked them one question and they had to get back to me, so I didn't bother asking more. My question: What date they show in their system as promised date which is used to calculate compensation? 1st he gave me the build date of Jan 17th but said he has to get back to me. This is where they could screw the US owners some more. Frankly I don't care any more. I expect no phone calls back. At this point you really have to decide ion your own considering the 2014 stigma.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:06 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

I believe for everyone in Cat B it will be expected delivery date. The stop sale date for Cat A. Not sure about Cat C.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:09 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nick
I believe for everyone in Cat B it will be expected delivery date. The stop sale date for Cat A. Not sure about Cat C.
I know that Nick, but just wanted to see what date they show on their system as expected delivery date which is used to calc comp. My expected delivery date changed few times.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:21 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
I know that Nick, but just wanted to see what date they show on their system as expected delivery date which is used to calc comp. My expected delivery date changed few times.
Silverrules -- Unfortunately for us (but obviously in favor of PAG), it's the last date in the system prior to recall action. So, for you and me--our cars arrived 3/7 and the system generated a date of 3/21 (for the typically conservative 1 week intervals--1 week at port, 1 week to transport to your dealer...). I wish it were my original delivery date, which was 2/7....
Old 05-17-2014, 01:43 PM
redleg321
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Superb work, Nick!
Old 05-17-2014, 01:51 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Good question and the answer is NO! They don't want any one buying the engine and using it. They plan to melt it down for scrap.
I'd actually take it as a compensation. I bet most of the parts are the same, and some years down the road may become quite valuable.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:05 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm still having the "expected delivery date" discussion with Ian, with no resolve yet. My car showed an original delivery date of 4/15. It exited production on 2/17, 3 days ahead of the original schedule. Immediately following the stop sale, they bumped the date to 5/30. So they are trying to push the later date on me. I told them I would understand if my car hadn't exited production with a confirmed V270 date of 2/17, but since it was ahead of schedule right at the stop sale, why did my date magically push 6 weeks?
Old 05-17-2014, 02:07 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Nick - your interrogation work is phenomenal. You have delivered some very good info. - Thanks.

Did you find out about the Battery and possible new tires for the Port cars that have sat motionless for almost 5 months by then?

Now - Regarding cars at the port. Do you believe we can put some pressure on our Dealers to bring in professionals to restore the paint on the cars w/o removing any of the clear coat. I am not an expert, by any means, on this stuff.. All my cars when I receive them get clayed barred and then I will use Wolfgangs paint sealant 3.0 or Rejex and then apply wax every 6 to 8 weeks over the sealant and then every Spring repeat the process with the Sealant. My cars have always faired well with my process. But, I have to assume the car will need some thing else when they get it back from the port.

Anyone have any experience or recommendation?
Unfortunately, there is no way to polish a car without removing a tiny bit of clear coat. To get all the imperfections out, you have to go as deep as the deepest etch - granted on these port cars it should be extremely minimal.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:04 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I'm still having the "expected delivery date" discussion with Ian, with no resolve yet. My car showed an original delivery date of 4/15. It exited production on 2/17, 3 days ahead of the original schedule. Immediately following the stop sale, they bumped the date to 5/30. So they are trying to push the later date on me. I told them I would understand if my car hadn't exited production with a confirmed V270 date of 2/17, but since it was ahead of schedule right at the stop sale, why did my date magically push 6 weeks?
Its easy to change the date on their system. No call back yet on what their system shows as expected delivery date. This is a minor issue compared to everything else they have done to us. Good thing they don't even have a deposit from me.

Quick Reply: Now that we are getting calls we need to ask some questions