Engine Swap Dates

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 11:44 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Goodness.......
I still don't believe it, and it feels like I am dreaming. Hang in there, your will be in your stable before you know it. Mark
Old 06-24-2014, 11:48 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
We should organize a drive / meet
Mark, that would be great. It would be nice to meet you in person, especially after reading all your posts and living through your experience with the car that way. And, yes, I live in Vancouver and Victoria.
Cheers,
daniel
Old 06-24-2014, 11:50 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I still don't believe it, and it feels like I am dreaming. Hang in there, your will be in your stable before you know it. Mark
Thanks, Mark! It's great to see cars back in the hands of their owners. Honestly ecstatic for you guys!

I've got about 6-8 more weeks. Hopefully things speed along.

-Tim
Old 06-24-2014, 11:58 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Congrats! I had the exact same process - no need to sign anything at delivery. Letter detailing compensation promised within 1-2 weeks by mail. I also got a copy of the manual the dealer got for the work to be done on the car. The manual mentioned that they needed to fix and dings, curb rash etc. regardless of fault. I noticed that a small ding I had is fixed but not entirely unnoticeable. Good enough, I guess.

By the way, I suggest adding clear side markers - they match up with the front LED clusters nicely:
Thanks Max. I did find a supplement manual for the blue light and warming up instructions but nothing else. The dealer had a large amount of paperwork but I never got any of it. I suspect some of these papers should have been given to me but I was too excited to worry about any paperwork.
I was not too pleased with the detailing they did, but i have no permanent damage. so at some point i will bring it back and have them redo it. I won't give them the car back anytime soon.

I agree with you on the clear marker and the dealer promised me to buy them and install them for free for my trouble. So they will be on the car soon. Again congratulations buddy. Enjoy the car.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:03 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by <3mph
Mark, that would be great. It would be nice to meet you in person, especially after reading all your posts and living through your experience with the car that way. And, yes, I live in Vancouver and Victoria.
Cheers,
daniel
It will be my pleasure Daniel. I love Vancouver. I used to drive up to Vancouver at least once a month when my brother and his family lived there but in 2008 they moved back to London, Ontario where my parents, and the rest of my family live, so I have not visited Vancouver since and would love to go back and visit again and especially in my GT3. By the way when do you get your car back?
Mark
Old 06-25-2014, 12:20 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picture of car back in my driveway. Mark
Looks amazing.. Congrats!!
Old 06-25-2014, 12:44 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LateBrake911
Looks amazing.. Congrats!!
Thank you buddy. Hope to see a picture of yours in your driveway very soon. Mark
Old 06-25-2014, 01:27 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,466 Likes on 765 Posts

mqandil - Congrats!! Happy for all those getting their cars back.

And by the way - every time I see this car in red it just stuns me. I struggled between red and white but since my 997.2 Turbo was in red I switched it up. No regrets though; but the Guards Red does suit the GT3 quite nicely.

Also, do not beat yourself up about the detailing. You got your car back and you always hire a Professional who can make that car look brand new in 3 hours.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:11 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Happy for you Mark. Enjoy it. Car looks awesome.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:21 AM
Leilani Rios
Advanced

Congrats Max.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:47 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by silverrules
Happy for you Mark. Enjoy it. Car looks awesome.
Thank you Buddy. It has been a while since I said hello. Hope you and the family are doing well.
On another note today while getting my car I met a rep from PCNA who was visiting the dealership and we had a nice chat and he indicated all three cars in the Portland area are all done and the other 2 cars are on their way back beating the estimates by almost 3 weeks. He indicating they are getting very efficient and really cranking these cars out and if all goes well, they probably end up finishing all the cars including the ones in the port category B well before end of July. Just wanted to give up some good news. Mark
Old 06-25-2014, 02:53 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
mqandil - Congrats!! Happy for all those getting their cars back.

And by the way - every time I see this car in red it just stuns me. I struggled between red and white but since my 997.2 Turbo was in red I switched it up. No regrets though; but the Guards Red does suit the GT3 quite nicely.

Also, do not beat yourself up about the detailing. You got your car back and you always hire a Professional who can make that car look brand new in 3 hours.
Thanks jimmy. Indeed I am really glad I got the red. The pictures don't really give it justice. I initially wanted white or black and my wife insisted on Red, and I am glad I listened to her. It really has such a presence.
I agree I am not really worried about the detailing and just plan to enjoy the car. After this season is over, I can take it to a good detailer who will bring it back to new like condition.
Hope you get your car soon, they are really gaining on these cars so it should not be long before you get back. Mark
Old 06-25-2014, 02:56 AM
Arth
Racer

Congrats mqandil!!

So happy for you

Cheers
Old 06-25-2014, 04:55 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It will be my pleasure Daniel. I love Vancouver. I used to drive up to Vancouver at least once a month when my brother and his family lived there but in 2008 they moved back to London, Ontario where my parents, and the rest of my family live, so I have not visited Vancouver since and would love to go back and visit again and especially in my GT3. By the way when do you get your car back?
Mark
Mark, sounds to me like you're overdue for a visit then! The latest scoop is that my car unfortunately is getting delivered only in Jan/Feb; it just missed entering production in mid-March due to the stop sale (so almost a full year's delay!). But don't let that stop you from making the trip up. I'd love to meet you and hopefully also see your car if you're up here in the meantime.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:02 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I finally got my car back this afternoon. I took couple of quick videos but I am planning to hook my gopro and share more driving videos with you. Initial impression it is really awesome. The mid range torque is noticeably better than before. The exhaust note appears to be the same as before. The turn in appears to be sharper than before, that I had to adjust my steering input as it took me by surprise. The car appears to lug more noticeably on 1st and second if you leave in auto mode as it shifts quickly to second and just does not seem that smooth, but if you leave it in manual mode and shift your self, it is fine and really great. These are my initial impressions so far during my drive back from the dealership during rush hour, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Stay tuned... Mark
Mark, Congrats on the fruits of your patience with your beauty back where she belongs , that is you driving on down the road have-en FUN Deacon

Quick Reply: Engine Swap Dates