Sponsored by:

Start Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Start Sale

Men I'm sick of the SS THREAD. I hope I never read it again and yes I've read every single stinky post. My new line of thinking is I'm in on this car and committed I want one. I will take a 2014 knowing Porsche will stand behind there product and customer the way I think they have been. We are the base and they know it I bet 90+% of us have or have had a Porsche. I want to band together, sync with the consensus on compensation and drive the hell out my Gt3. So here is the Start Sale thread don't bale let's get these cars and hopefully some allocation status from Porsche in the future.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:52 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,023 Likes on 478 Posts

Porsche should start airlifting schnapps is seems...that would at least ease the waiting period...
Old 03-20-2014, 05:02 PM
Canspeed
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holding on to my order, may 9th eud, won't happen obviously, would just like some. Answers, eud is apparently overwhelmed currently and may be difficult to reschedule
Old 03-20-2014, 05:12 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's a cut and paste of my outlook on the 991 GT3:

If it's fixable it's not a problem, it's just a project that hasn't been completed yet.

If it's not fixable it's not a problem, it's just a new reality that hasn't been accepted yet.

Therefore, this episode with the GT3 is not a problem ... and I'd walk on my tongue through broken glass for a 991 GT3 with a replacement motor.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:12 PM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good thread. Porsche is seemingly rolling out the red carpet and I hope they take names down from this thread to give extra care for those who are loyal to them.
All I can do now is believe all the journal reviews and the folks who actually have driven this car on how good this car is.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:05 AM
johnnylmz
Track Day

^ +1
Old 03-21-2014, 12:18 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Dude, where is your car?
Old 03-21-2014, 12:19 AM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude-
Good thread. Porsche is seemingly rolling out the red carpet and I hope they take names down from this thread to give extra care for those who are loyal to them.
All I can do now is believe all the journal reviews and the folks who actually have driven this car on how good this car is.
In one of the other threads there is some doom and gloom over the end of the 2014 production. IMHO Porsche has made the decision to keep the 2014 owners group to a specific size, for the moment lets say it's 1000 cars, could certainly be higher. I fully believe that Porsche will offer cash compensation for lost drive time for delivered cars, an extended warranty for all 2014s (I would hope 50k/6yr or better), and perhaps a number of years of scheduled maintenance for all 2014s.

I think that's a pretty good starting position and perhaps that group could also get some additional compensation in the form of a small refund (effectively a discount against MSRP) or as a credit for parts and accessories (think consumables like rotors, pads and tires). It will largely depend on how vocal and focused the entire group can be as well as how much Porsche believes this could affect brand image both through the way they treat 2014 GT3 customers and what happens to 2014 GT3 residual values.

When I was speaking with Ian Moon at PCNA today he stated that they had a number of ideas for the compensation package. If a large group of 2014 owners can coordinate and say exactly the same thing to multiple regions (PCNA, Porsche UK, etc.) it will have greater sway.

Ryan
Old 03-21-2014, 12:35 AM
Dude-
Pro

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Dude, where is your car?
My car was supposed to be a december build then moved to january. Apparently, it was stopped on the day it was suppose to leave port Davisville RI port to the dealer due to Stop Sale.
I was one day away from seeing my car. Now its sits at port davisville in between two red head gt3's getting a threesome.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:41 AM
Dude-
Pro

Originally Posted by reidry
In one of the other threads there is some doom and gloom over the end of the 2014 production. IMHO Porsche has made the decision to keep the 2014 owners group to a specific size, for the moment lets say it's 1000 cars, could certainly be higher. I fully believe that Porsche will offer cash compensation for lost drive time for delivered cars, an extended warranty for all 2014s (I would hope 50k/6yr or better), and perhaps a number of years of scheduled maintenance for all 2014s.

I think that's a pretty good starting position and perhaps that group could also get some additional compensation in the form of a small refund (effectively a discount against MSRP) or as a credit for parts and accessories (think consumables like rotors, pads and tires). It will largely depend on how vocal and focused the entire group can be as well as how much Porsche believes this could affect brand image both through the way they treat 2014 GT3 customers and what happens to 2014 GT3 residual values.

When I was speaking with Ian Moon at PCNA today he stated that they had a number of ideas for the compensation package. If a large group of 2014 owners can coordinate and say exactly the same thing to multiple regions (PCNA, Porsche UK, etc.) it will have greater sway.

Ryan
great idea buddy. I've been in contact with the PNA and have voiced my concerns already. With the recent 2014-15 move PNA should be receiving a call again very soon.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:54 AM
jimmermd
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The stop sale thread turned into an emotional tampon.
The compensation thread turned into a lottery ticket.

Really, in the end, people just want their cars fixed and back where they can drive them.

My version of the fix would be to transport everyone's vehicle, in some protected manner, to a central regional location. North America could use Birmingham or Atlanta, Europe could find some central Porsche corporate facility and so on. The new engines could be transported to this central location. The best factory trained people could carry out the labor in a reliable, consistent fashion. Your car could then be transported back to you in the same protected fashion, and you could take delivery at your dealer again. To sweeten the deal, you could visit your car after the work was done, and take it to the local track. Here in the US it could be at Barber or Atlanta speedway. Drive the car, break it in a little, and then push it to assure yourself that it's tight and to your satisfaction. You would feel that you had the best service job, Porsche would feel that they had the most consistent repair.

The value of the car after the repair is in question. Porsche supporting the value of the car will go a long way. Maintaining or raising residual value on a lease, or supporting a higher trade in allowance on future purchases will answer long term questions on excessive depreciation.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:57 AM
jimmermd
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Complications happen. You should judge more on recognition, disclosure, and correction instead of trying to rub someone's nose in it.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:09 AM
bakamon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jimmermd
Complications happen. You should judge more on recognition, disclosure, and correction instead of trying to rub someone's nose in it.
This is why PAG makes me unhappy in this case.
They should treat everyone fairly and openly.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:23 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Ryan
We should pay particular attention to his last paragraph it's dead on. United front indeed and I was told today by another regional head I would discuss his name and job via PM, but he said that they were already negotiating a higher amount for the US customers because the people over here thought we wouldn't be satisfied with the number discussed. We are the wrong group of buyers to alienate.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:08 AM
bakamon
Intermediate

Ryan
Thanks , Ryan.

That's what I wrote few days ago at my first post at rennlist.
We should discuss and ask a same requirements to compensation to PAG.
Maybe they won't accept all of them, but at least they have to reply all of us a same answer.

Quick Reply: Start Sale