Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loaner for a EU delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Just Jordan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loaner for a EU delivery? (Update)

I have european delivery set for April 17th and my dealer called today telling me that Porsche said that this date could be in jeopardy. He also said that Porsche is preparing an official statement for march 10th. I'm not sure I'll be able to change my dates as this trip encompasses a few other events besides the pick-up of a GT3. Would Porsche ever supply a loaner in a case like this? I realize the GT3 would be out of the question, a turbo would be great, but I'd even take a 911.

Last edited by Just Jordan; 03-24-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:11 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a European delivery pick up scheduled for May 16. I would have the same question. If Porsche gave you a loner in Europe than when the GT3 is ready would you just do a normal US pick up?
Old 03-05-2014, 01:12 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm in the same boat. I've got an ED scheduled for April 2nd, but it's unlikely to happen. It would be fantastic if they gave us a loaner car instead. I'd take a Turbo or even a manual Cayman S!
Old 03-05-2014, 01:16 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shizzle
I'm in the same boat. I've got an ED scheduled for April 2nd, but it's unlikely to happen. It would be fantastic if they gave us a loaner car instead. I'd take a Turbo or even a manual Cayman S!
Have you paid for your car? I understand it needs to be paid 30 days in advance.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Just Jordan
Intermediate

If they gave me a loaner while i was there, I'd be more then happy to just receive the car a soon as it was ready back here in Canada.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:52 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in the same boat as well... My original ED date was for May, but I've had to push my trip back to June. So hopefully this issue will be ironed out by then. I did ask what happens if the car is completed before my arrival. Apparently they have a storage area where the car goes to wait for my arrival. Let us know what happens.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:34 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skuplist
Have you paid for your car? I understand it needs to be paid 30 days in advance.
Yup. However, the dealership will refund the VAT immediately if I have to cancel the ED.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:13 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,023 Likes on 478 Posts

I thought ED wasn't something easily gotten rid of...did they offer a blue pill? JK lol. I can't help myself today.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:20 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sechsgang
I thought ED wasn't something easily gotten rid of...did they offer a blue pill? JK lol. I can't help myself today.
I was thinking the same thing. It was my understanding that European delivery of the GT3 was a special allocation and could not be switched to standard US delivery but this stop sale may change the rules.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:01 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

I was thinking the same thing. It was my understanding that European delivery of the GT3 was a special allocation and could not be switched to standard US delivery but this stop sale may change the rules.
Not quite. The car comes out of the dealer's normal allocation. However, they get an additional car at the end of their allocation. From what I was told by the dealer principal, they will get allocation of an additional Turbo (or other sports car of their choice) because the GT3 run is limited.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:12 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

When I original asked for a GT3 with European delivery my dealer had sold all the GT3 allocations but found out the European allocation did not go against their normal GT3 allocation. This was a year ago but who knows if they were accurate. I have the luxury of flexibility of going to Europe but I do not want to pick it up in late July or August. On the road with all the European vacationers in campers is just no fun. I'll ask for US delivery if goes that late into the summer.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:53 AM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shizzle
Yup. However, the dealership will refund the VAT immediately if I have to cancel the ED.
If this gets to April 16 and no solution I will not pay for the car. April 16 is when I need to pay for the car in order to pick it up May 16. Non of the US delivery folks waiting on their cars are being asked to pay for the car. Makes no sense to me.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,602 Likes on 2,341 Posts

When I original asked for a GT3 with European delivery my dealer had sold all the GT3 allocations but found out the European allocation did not go against their normal GT3 allocation. This was a year ago but who knows if they were accurate. I have the luxury of flexibility of going to Europe but I do not want to pick it up in late July or August. On the road with all the European vacationers in campers is just no fun. I'll ask for US delivery if goes that late into the summer.
dont dismiss the opportunity to do ED ... its WELL worth it! even in Jul/August
Old 03-07-2014, 03:30 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Just back from the dealer. Oddly enough, my car hit status V300 - Vehicle completion yesterday (actually a day earlier than projected). The ED date has now been moved to April 4 (two days later than originally intended), but the dealer delivery date is still March 14th. It's all a bit strange to me - wonder how PAG is dealing with the issue.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Just Jordan
Intermediate

^^^^Amazing news,there is still hope!!

Quick Reply: Loaner for a EU delivery?