Sponsored by:

Lifter option

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I will give you my opinion. The lip may very well be cheap. However, when my car was on the lift one day, I inspected it closely. The lip is almost an integral part of the front bumper and not a simple clip on. If you are are talking about soft scrapes only, then I agree it is not necessary to get the lift. Anything more substantial than that and you risk damaging the whole front bumper. If I am to spec the car again, I would still get the lift for sure.
This.

Originally Posted by orthojoe
I couldn't get a 997.2 gt3 to clear the ramp onto the 4 post lift I'm planning on using for my 991 GT3 without activating the lifter. Therefore, getting the lift option was a must for me.
And this. It's these kind of random situations that make the lift essential, IMHO.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:00 AM
Clarence Ng
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In your years of ownership, u just need to need it once when u don't have it for u to regret...
Old 03-16-2014, 05:22 AM
sebearstian
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Here you go.....
Thank you very much Sir. Yup it will clear my wheel stopper which is about 6 inches.

I was not clear in my original post, but I had already decided to get the lifter. I asked because I wanted to compare the clearance to my current car.

Quick Reply: Lifter option