Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OPTIONAL ADAPTIVE SPORTS SEATS PLUS

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014 | 03:06 PM
Dlff
Advanced

Default OPTIONAL ADAPTIVE SPORTS SEATS PLUS

Hi guys, according to the spec, it just says it has 4-way lumbar support & other adjustments as well. Does it support the lower lumbar as well? I need lower lumbar support more than anything else because of my Scoliosis problem.
Can anyone who has these seats share their experience & thoughts with me on this?
Thank you in advance for my comments on this. Cheers mate & all of you out there have a smashing week end.
Old 02-28-2014 | 03:15 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Yes, the adaptive sport seats have adjustable lower lumbar support. By 4-way adjustment, they mean that the lower lumbar adjusts out and in and also up and down in the lumbar area. I don't like a lot of inflation in the lumbar area of the seat, but for someone who does, the *** would work quite well as when it inflates it is very noticeable.
Old 02-28-2014 | 03:29 PM
Dlff
Advanced

Hi Mike, thanks for your reply. I have tried the Sports bucket seats on the GT3 & I find it not very comfortable for my back. Tried the adaptive sports seats on the TTS but did not have a chance to play with the seats at all. If the 4-way lumbar support doesn't help in the way of alleviating my chronic lower lumbar pain. I might as well stick with the std Sports seats plus. Funny enough organised by Porsche Experience in my country I tried both cars & I like the GT3 a lot better than the TTS slightly more than 2 weeks ago. After the drive the Sales Rep was pressing me to place an order for the GT3 as allocations are limited unlike the TTS. I told him I would wait for the 2015 model / September 2014 production. Give them one year to sort out any teething problems should there be any. True enough only last week there was a recall & stop sale order from Porsche. The rest is history. Still my mind is set on the GT3 & is a much better car to drive than the TTS.
Old 03-01-2014 | 03:27 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

I got the 4-way.. You manually move the seat forward and backwards. (Like in a Ford Fiesta Rent a Car). I'd wish I got the 18 way.. Sounds like a lot, but it's not. Also missed the leather steering column, (You get stiching with it). Spend a lot of time on the configurator and do the 3d mode.
Old 03-01-2014 | 03:45 AM
Dlff
Advanced

I can live with the manual forward & backward seat adjustment as I don't really adjust it every now & then once the adjustment is made. Also I'm the only driver of the car. What I don't like about the 18-way adaptive sports seats is the memory function unless you have more than one driver using the car To me is superfluous. The less electrical & electronic parts the car has is better & also the weight factor. Most likely I will opt for the 18-way seats & I will give it another try before ticking the box. Anyway thanks for all the valuable comments. Cheers mate!
Old 03-01-2014 | 03:57 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Oh... And the Lumbar!!!! I love that in my Touareg!

Cheers Mate

PS... And the smokers package... At adds a cover to the little storage box at the rear of the console
Old 03-01-2014 | 09:46 AM
llstuey
Racer

Originally Posted by Dlff
I can live with the manual forward & backward seat adjustment as I don't really adjust it every now & then once the adjustment is made. Also I'm the only driver of the car. What I don't like about the 18-way adaptive sports seats is the memory function unless you have more than one driver using the car To me is superfluous. The less electrical & electronic parts the car has is better & also the weight factor. Most likely I will opt for the 18-way seats & I will give it another try before ticking the box. Anyway thanks for all the valuable comments. Cheers mate!
Well you are in luck as the 18 ways don't actually come with the memory package (much to the surprise of many on this board who ordered them)

Quick Reply: OPTIONAL ADAPTIVE SPORTS SEATS PLUS