Sponsored by:

GT3 window sticker regarding bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 12:09 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Default GT3 window sticker regarding bluetooth

I was one of the unlucky ones who did not select the phone prep option when I ordered my car because I didn't need to do that, when I ordered my 911 C4S, and my Boxster S. Of course had I been following the discussions on this forum at the time of my order, I would have known about it.

I am sure this subject has been beaten to death, and there is no reason to start another thread about it. However my question here is regarding the Window sticker that came with the car. Please see mine below

Mine says under Comfort and Convenience , the bluetooth hands free option is included as a standard option with the car. I actually haven't noticed this before and only till yesterday when I was looking at the few papers I removed from the car, which included this window sticker before surrendering it to the Porsche service department. Please take a look at the window sticker below, and let me know if your says the same.

Just curious if others had the same thing.

Last edited by mqandil; 03-09-2015 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:13 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Weird, it was std on the 2011RS, not on the 2010..

Now not on the GT3, insluiting for a 130k car.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:23 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

@mqandil -- There is an OEM retrofit module. Now's the time to negotiate to have it installed...

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...T3INTERIORELEC
Old 02-23-2014, 12:31 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Thanks Q991. I am aware of the retrofit module and my dealer is trying to get this module supplied and installed at no charge since they themselves confirmed to me the presence of the bluetooth without getting the phone prep option, when I ordered the car, so they are embarrassed they were not aware of it being an option. I am just curious, if others had the same language in their window sticker. It is interesting that even Porsche listed it wrong on the window sticker.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:36 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

No problem. Unfortunately, my car is still about a week away from port...and God knows when I'll be able to take delivery!
Old 02-23-2014, 12:40 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0Q991
No problem. Unfortunately, my car is still about a week away from port...and God knows when I'll be able to take delivery!
I feel your pain bud. Hang in there, and hopefully you get it very soon.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:42 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

1st car that arrived at our local dealership had the same issue as yours. Sales manager said they will have it retrofitted and Porsche will need to pick up the tab.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:58 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
I was one of the unlucky ones who did not select the phone prep option when I ordered my car because I didn't need to do that, when I ordered my 911 C4S, and my Boxster S. Of course had I been following the discussions on this forum at the time of my order, I would have known about it.

I am sure this subject has been beaten to death, and there is no reason to start another thread about it. However my question here is regarding the Window sticker that came with the car. Please see mine below

Mine says under Comfort and Convenience , the bluetooth hands free option is included as a standard option with the car. I actually haven't noticed this before and only till yesterday when I was looking at the few papers I removed from the car, which included this window sticker before surrendering it to the Porsche service department. Please take a look at the window sticker below, and let me know if your says the same.

Just curious if others had the same thing.
Seems like a no brainer with that sticker. You should get it no matter what it costs Porsche or the dealer. This exact option was so vague on the configurator, that Porsche should cover this for all cars ordered prior to them "clarifying" the option.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:39 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Seems like a no brainer with that sticker. You should get it no matter what it costs Porsche or the dealer. This exact option was so vague on the configurator, that Porsche should cover this for all cars ordered prior to them "clarifying" the option.
I totally agree.

Quick Reply: GT3 window sticker regarding bluetooth