jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sad but happy porsche is checking every car to fix the problem
Old 02-20-2014, 04:13 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK, I can imagine that it is not fun to have a new 6 figure Porsche taken away on a flatbed after a very rare, very firm "DO NOT DRIVE" order from the manufacturer.

But, quite frankly, that is service at the highest level right there. They come and pick it up. They'll come and bring it back.

And, I have not a single doubt that Porsche will cover payments for time missed and loaner cars... or, god forbid, an Enterprise rental. What they'll do for cash buyers is an interesting question, though.

Honestly, the level of service here is pretty freakin' awesome and, if anything, makes me MORE a P-car fanatic than less of one.

I'm impressed, Porsche.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:20 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Agreed, very impressive action plan. Probably a free key chain to boot.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:24 PM
NMM991
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the bad news, the good news is that my dealer received an allocation yesterday and was told that the order had to placed on Porsche AG by February 24 to hold the late April manufacturing date - I placed my order for my second GT3 today, told to expect delivery in early June.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:38 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 930man
Btw I love this freaking car!! Best 911 ever produced !!! Glad I just had open heart surgery and least I know I can't drive for 2 weeks anyway!
Wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:44 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
OK, I can imagine that it is not fun to have a new 6 figure Porsche taken away on a flatbed after a very rare, very firm "DO NOT DRIVE" order from the manufacturer.

But, quite frankly, that is service at the highest level right there. They come and pick it up. They'll come and bring it back.

And, I have not a single doubt that Porsche will cover payments for time missed and loaner cars... or, god forbid, an Enterprise rental. What they'll do for cash buyers is an interesting question, though.

Honestly, the level of service here is pretty freakin' awesome and, if anything, makes me MORE a P-car fanatic than less of one.

I'm impressed, Porsche.
No doubt, great service by Porsche, but still not up to the standards of your avatar.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:17 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Yep.. got a call from a nice lady at Porsche saying just don't drive the car till further notice. You can have it delivered to the dealer, but not needed yet.. --

-- And don't go demanding rent a cars, or Pan Turbo's to fill in for a car you probably don't drive to work every day either. Ha Ha.. 'Don't byte the hand that feeds you' --We don't want the PAG Execs to start thinking it's not good finance sense to build these cars.. Who else gives you car for a buck and a half which you wouldn't trade for a car costing twice.. --

- -- It's not like I was going to drive it anyways ...
Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2014, 06:37 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Not worried

I'm unfortunately in the camp where I've driven the car already on track (well, sort of).

Irrespective of reduced performance issues and all, this car really is worth the wait and unfortunate byproduct of recalls.

I may change my mind should this turn into major problems, but all in Porsche has stood by their product and done the best they could to get issues corrected.

While 775 or so owners may be different than millions, I still appreciate the call from Porsche direct, my personal tech from my main dealer as well as where it was serviced in Florida when I broke down. They all contacted me.

Porsche people are ALL over this and I couldn't feel more appreciated as a customer, even more so than owning a Ferrari with limited production.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:03 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by est8esq
I'm unfortunately in the camp where I've driven the car already on track (well, sort of).

Irrespective of reduced performance issues and all, this car really is worth the wait and unfortunate byproduct of recalls.

I may change my mind should this turn into major problems, but all in Porsche has stood by their product and done the best they could to get issues corrected.

While 775 or so owners may be different than millions, I still appreciate the call from Porsche direct, my personal tech from my main dealer as well as where it was serviced in Florida when I broke down. They all contacted me.

Porsche people are ALL over this and I couldn't feel more appreciated as a customer, even more so than owning a Ferrari with limited production.
Well that is certainly a vote of confidence coming from you, whom have already had malfunctions with the #21; and gives me confidence to continue
the patience needed for my allocation build due up soon. Thanks J.
Deacon
Old 02-20-2014, 07:08 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If anything, I have confidence that when cars are checked (including cars on the line and cars built and due for PDI), they will be checked remarkably thoroughly. Porsche / VW are under the microscope for this one now (even if general media outlets' sources and knowledge are way off base...).
Old 02-20-2014, 07:18 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Got the call but for some weird reason not the email.
I had similar recall happen in August 2012 with my F10 M5. I had it a week or two when a stop sale and do not drive order was sent out. The M5 had a bad oil pump, so I waited over 3 weeks for the part. They flat bedded the car back to the dealer for replacement. Haven't had a problem since. It sucked then, but I almost forgot about it until now.
Here's hoping its a quick and straight forward fix.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:43 PM
NMM991
Racer

Coming from the machine tool industry and having had a 997.2 GT3 and now a 991 S Cab, I am in awe of the technology leaps from model to model. It's amazing that there have not been more issues with these cars, although an oil fire (oil cooler?) is serious and Porsche should be thankful that no one has been hurt to my knowledge in the two fires they've experienced.

The good news is that they have responded in a direct and forceful manner, and that they are still taking orders for April and May deliveries. It's a tough business.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:00 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

We know only about the two cars that caught fire, there could be others with the "failure" that did not burn. Thus the 100% Recall. Allan
Old 02-20-2014, 09:21 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas

I'm impressed, Porsche.
I've spent a lot of time in 40K mile smelly and stained enterprise cars while champion fixed my GT3's under warranty. Nothing new but if you compare that to other premium brands that was what I hated to most of the overall Porsche ownership.

Nothing like dropping your $200k car of to drive a crapcan for a few days...
Old 02-20-2014, 09:33 PM
96_Impreza
4th Gear

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I've spent a lot of time in 40K mile smelly and stained enterprise cars while champion fixed my GT3's under warranty. Nothing new but if you compare that to other premium brands that was what I hated to most of the overall Porsche ownership.

Nothing like dropping your $200k car of to drive a crapcan for a few days...
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/...orvettezhz.jsp

Quick Reply: All GT3's recalled