Sponsored by:

PDLS or Standard Lights with White w/Black Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 02:54 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default PDLS or Standard Lights with White w/Black Wheels

Ok, now that I've decided not to go for the spontaneous combustion option ( ), one more thing to decide. On a purely aesthetic basis, do the regular PDLS lights or the standard ones look better on a white GT3 with black wheels. Yeah, I know the black PDLS would go the best with those wheels, but I'm not so crazy about that look from the front view. I've been looking online and I can't seem to even find pics of the standard lights with this combo (except in the configurator). BTW, not going with LEDs. What do you think? Thx!
Old 02-19-2014, 03:19 PM
ARSGT3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey buddy, I have the same combo on order and went with the PDLS. I too don't like the black bi xenon on white. PDLS is Just right for contrast(Grey), Not overwhelming like black.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:24 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LAGinz
Ok, now that I've decided not to go for the spontaneous combustion option ( ), one more thing to decide. On a purely aesthetic basis, do the regular PDLS lights or the standard ones look better on a white GT3 with black wheels. Yeah, I know the black PDLS would go the best with those wheels, but I'm not so crazy about that look from the front view. I've been looking online and I can't seem to even find pics of the standard lights with this combo (except in the configurator). BTW, not going with LEDs. What do you think? Thx!
Same color combo here (white with black wheels). I went LED’s because I like the look during daytime running. Almost went black PDLS…..2nd guessing that decision, will post pics when I get my car in about a week.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:32 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am going white, black wheels and black PDLS. After seeing many photos here, I am convinced. I want a menacing look and feel this delivers. I think Shark Works had some photos too.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:56 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 269 Posts

White, black wheels, black PDLS here. June delivery unless the combustion delete option delays it.....
Old 02-19-2014, 04:04 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Are those the black or grey lights on the Shark Werks GT3 with the black wheels? Can't quite tell because of the way it's lit.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Dlff
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen the LED, PLDS & PLDS / Black in metal. I have not seen the std headlight in metal but from pics yes. IMHO, there are the ugliest of all because it has so much chrome on it. LED & PLDS are similar in colour. At the end of the day it boils down to individual preference & to each his own. It also depends what on the exterior colour. With a white car the PLDS / Black does add a bit of contrast to it whereas the LED & PLDS are more subtle & blends in rather well with light colour cars. Cheers mate!
Old 02-20-2014, 04:56 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Thanks for the feedback guys. For those who have the regular PDLS though, a question: In some of the pics I have seen of these from inventory shots, it looks like the gray inside of the light has a slight blue hue to it. Is this correct, or is it just an effect of the way it was shot?

Quick Reply: PDLS or Standard Lights with White w/Black Wheels