Sponsored by:

GT3 enjoyment at sane speeds

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 09:05 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Mike, you are among those who use the car on track/autocross.. So it makes sense to keep that leash on the road as you have an outlet. But if you were the type of owner who doesn't go to the track, wouldn't a Carrera S, or (gulp) a cayman I've you 95% of the pleasure? I've never owned a truly fast car, but I own multiple Ducati motorcycles, one specifically which doesn't even come alive below 60mph, and stalls and overheats below 30mph.. I realized long ago how pointless it is on the road and I keep it just for the track.. My most fun bikes are my 1100 air-cooled hypermotard which is happiest between 30mph and 70mph... Super fast vehicles are truly tough to enjoy on road IMO
For me a C2S, Cayman or anything other than a GT car in Porsche's line-up (GT3, RS, GT2) is boring once you've tasted the fruit. Imo, again for me, I can and did truly enjoy my previous GT3 on the street at sane speeds much more than I ever enjoyed my previous turbo, C2S or C4S cab. Of course, the faster you go the more you appreciate a car like a GT3. Whether or not I enjoyed my car at 8500 rpms in the upper gears is not the point of this conversation. The point is I would rather wind it up to towards red in second and drive in a similar way as the OP describes, than drive one of the other aforementioned cars.

Quick Reply: GT3 enjoyment at sane speeds