Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like you should stick to Subaru.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:42 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
Really? I guess I should go sell my three Porsches and cancel my GT3 order........
Old 02-09-2014, 07:15 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 378 Likes on 212 Posts

What are you paying the dealership for if not to also help you with your order and make sure you get what you want. I think this attitude of the dealership not knowing what they are selling is crap, and people need to stop making excuses for incompetence. They sit there most of the day with no one in the dealership - why not learn the cars you are selling, either by going through the manuals of the cars sitting on the lot, or online seeing what the customer sees.

I can't tell you how many salesman I have run into that don't know what the cars they are selling can do and have in them. I was at the Audi dealership where I got my S6 and one of the salesman that was driving an S7 as a personal car didn't know it had launch control - and that is basic and in the manual...

For the money people are paying for these cars the salesman should know what they are doing and assist the buyers in any way possible. If that means notifying buyers BT is not standard, then they should be doing it. At a lesser cost brand dealership, or at a high end dealership it should be the same. Not to mention at the higher end dealership they deliver cars in horrible shape. I have seen way too many Ferrari's and other expensive cars with paint that looks like crap. Spend that much on a car it should be perfect and you shouldn't have to pay over $1-2K for paint correction.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:49 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

OP,
Get the dealer to give you an allication for a 991RS.

You can always trade in your car and start fresh.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:11 AM
mb97tts
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bluetooth thing is a joke IMO... That should be something they bring up every time you order a car if it is not on the order..."

He'll, I couldn't believe our 06 cayenne tts didn't have it. They had a place to put your SIM card.... That was convenient !!!!
Old 02-10-2014, 12:14 AM
mshahidz
Advanced

Originally Posted by est8esq

That being said, I can't help but smile a bit regarding Bluetooth??

Isn't bluetooth on this car along the lines of seatbetls on an airplane???
Bluetooth is mandatory in our city while operating a vehicle with a hand held device. Also, the car is being daily driven so it is VERY important to us.

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
As you note, there was a supply issue in that case and the factory no doubt thought they were doing people a favor with the upgrade, although there should have been advance notice to buyers to avoid surprises.

That said, I can't count how many cars I've ordered new, and have never had an option that I legitimately ordered, like the fuel tank in the OP's case, left off the car. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I stand by my assertion that it's rare.

For the OP's dealer to say that it happens most of the time with Porsche with regard to the 90L tank is complete baloney.
What really irked me is that he claims he's delivered cars with "extended range" tanks for over 15 years, and they've "NEVER" been delivered as ordered.

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Id want the retrofit for BT on the house if the dealer didnt mention it...but we have covered that in the forums already...maybe they should have required people to sign a "I don't want bluetooth" waiver...as that would easily make almost everyone opt for the option.

Id be LIVID if I ordered the 90l tank and I got the small tank...that makes a huge difference in livability for me...so I'd be on their case about that.
I really wish I had read over the forums before ordering the car. I was utterly shocked to find this out it was not standard.

+1 Since PCM is required for Bluetooth, BT should just be made standard with PCM, and not a separate additional option. It's not like it adds more than an ounce or two of electronics once you've ordered PCM. If you're so hardcore you don't want PCM, then you probably won't want BT either. This would cover 99.9% of all buyers and eliminate the confusion, methinks....
Its been mentioned over the forums countless times, the configuration does not make sense. However, it is what it is...

Originally Posted by Hothonda
In the industrial construction fastener business....you better know what you are
specifying and ultimately selling, whether it's a 50 cent bolt or a $5000 epoxy concrete anchoring system. Prepare to suffer the consequences if you get it wrong....big time!

On the other hand the Porsche salesmen selling $150K cars can somehow twist it around that it's ultimately on the customer to get it right.

Make them eat it...
What really pissed me off was that the sales rep was trying constantly to get the BT to work when he was delivering the car. The next day he turned around and said he new the car didn't come with it, as we did not select it.

Get over it and drive the car. BT problem is your own fault.
I said it was a difficult one, however I do not believe it was 100% our fault. I am not dissatisfied with the proposal for repair, I am more upset with the lack of responsibility or acceptance taken on the dealers fault for not KNOWING and lying about it.

Originally Posted by Nick
Though I agree the finally responsibility resides with the buyer, it must be pointed out that on all new cars Porsche trains the sales staff as to what options are available and which codes to use. That is the purpose of a sales person.

I challenge anyone not in Porsche sales to understand all the codes and exactly what is being ordered. The BT option can only be describes as so obscure that MANY Porsche sales people do not know where it is.
I would have normally agreed with people saying "BT isn't standard". My issue was that I ordered the 3000 dollar PCM option with I assumed included BT, and it was also discussed with the SA when ordering. My fault, never assume!

Sorry for your troubles.

The BT issue is one that should have been made clear during the ordering process but even many dealers didn't know what was required. I think your dealer just isn't admitting that they were ignorant. I posted a thread about this problem months ago; it's unfortunate that you didn't see it.

On the fuel tank, are you saying you ordered it but the car was delivered without it? It's rare for the factory to make a mistake like that. For the dealer to say that they order the 90L tank but the factory doesn't deliver it most of the time is total and utter BS and makes me doubt their truthfulness about what really happened. The 90L tank isn't available for RHD cars; I assume that's not your situation.

If you ordered it, it should have been on your retail order sheet. If it's not on the sheet then you should probably have double checked to make sure the order was correct. If it was on the sheet, whether it's a $0 option or not, you have a case for pursuing it with the dealer. They should be able to retrofit it, though it will cost them.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks for the reply Mike.
Everyday I am finding out more and more things that were mishandled by my dealer. I had to look up what a retail order sheet was. I never saw one, I never signed one.
I got a preliminary bill of sale-type of document, which I signed on the spot. It lists 90L fuel tank as the FIRST option.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:34 AM
PC Valkyrie
Instructor

mshahidiz, I have read your thread in the Canadian subforum here. You clearly listed your build specification, which did not include options 619 (mobile phone preparation) and 082 (90L fuel tank). In other words, the car was not ordered with those 2 options so it is not surprising at all that your car did not come with them. Did you specify the options yourself?....or did you simply buy a car which was already spec'd out by somebody else or the dealer?

I understand that you did not specifically ask for this option and just assumed that the car would come with Bluetooth capability, and that you think the salesman should have warned you that it didn't unless you specify option 619. I guess can you can argue that point, but technically, if you signed off the order sheet, it's not entirely their fault. The fact that they are willing to pay for a part of the Bluetooth retrofit is already an amazing "favour" they are doing for you.

With regards to the 90L fuel tank issue, did you specifically tell the salesman that you wanted this option?.....or did you also just "assume" it would be there? However, if you signed off that order sheet without the option specified, then that is what you get......
Old 02-10-2014, 02:14 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Hmmm......
Old 02-10-2014, 02:28 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Poor dealer
Old 02-10-2014, 02:46 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Last edited by the_vetman; 02-10-2014 at 03:21 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:00 AM
mhh
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Bluetooth weighs nothing. It's idiotic not to have it as standard.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:04 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

MB or.. Honda Accord. It's calling your name.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Ychaudhary
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

OP, sorry for the troubles mate. I know it sucks when you are expecting something out of a car like this and don't get it. Maybe I missed it in the thread but did you mention the dealer name? I think it would be nice to know which dealers do this kind of stuff.

As to your concerns I wouldn't say you're being a diva but I would say if 90 percent of the car is what you expected just roll your windows down and rev to 9K, and tell me if you still got a problem with the car

If it really bugs you reach out to the GM of the dealer and see what they will do for you. Either they will get you exactly what you want or blow more smoke up your ***.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:28 AM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 158 Posts

I READ THE build sheet on the Canadian Forum as well. Clearly...neither Mobile Phone NOR 90L Tank are optioned on the build of this car....I don't get what the gripe is????
Old 02-10-2014, 11:11 AM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1, Frankly, consumer responsibility here. You are ordering a custom car. Research and know your options and availability of such when you order. Ask advice of the dealer when you don't. Then double check the dealer's advice.

2. An oversight. Happens. "Totally unacceptable" would be if the dealer refused to correct it. Being a "pissy" consumer is silly. (not trying to be insulting with this comment-can't think of a better word.) Being pissed off doesn't really make sense in terms of an expectation unless you had an agreement of expectations from your salesperson. I can prob. assume that you already know that salespeople in general typically "sell" and "close" rather than "educate". Unless you said "I want you to explain all of the options and fully educate me" then nothing was done wrong. As consumers we tend to set higher expectations and they are not always valid. While this stinks, it is the nature of sales and if it doesn't sit well then you always have the option of exploring a different dealer on the next go-round. In simpler terms-we should be used to car salespeople, with few exceptions, to be less than knowledgeable. I think diligence and triple checking is even more likely in order on a specialty car where many things considered standard on other cars (even other Porsche models) are purposefully stripped in the spirit of the car's common specialty use.

3. Complete b.s. An ordered option is an ordered option regardless of whether it is "zero cost" or not. Go for dealer retrofit or re-order car (enjoy the wait however). You have every right to be delivered the vehicle that was spec'd providing you have the specs in writing.

Take the emotion out of it and let go of the tiny oversights. Focus on the true screw-ups that need correction. Dealers make errors a LOT. To expect that because it is Porsche that it will be perfect or even better is naive. My first experience with Porsche was the worst car buying experience of my life bar none. Fortunately my second and my third in progress have been nothing but stellar. Depends on the salesperson and manager-not the brand. A level head will get these problems remedied. Sometimes you can make this the "fun" of getting your car perfected the way you want it.

Best of luck!

Last edited by ColdList; 02-10-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Unsatisfactory Purchase - Opinions?