Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone post some photos of the Anthracite Brushed Aluminum option?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 12:42 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Can someone post some photos of the Anthracite Brushed Aluminum option?

I am considering switching to the Anthracite Brushed Aluminum Interior Package and would love to see some photos of interiors with that specification. Please include the console too.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:27 PM
lamarmotte
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-13-2014, 06:32 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great but my issue is you still have the door handles, steering wheel, and shift *** in the standard silver.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:40 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by skuplist
Looks great but my issue is you still have the door handles, steering wheel, and shift *** in the standard silver.
And the lower door trim, the vent trim and the glove box handle. Are you saying the standard brushed aluminum is a better match with the shiny silver pieces?
Old 01-13-2014, 06:45 PM
lamarmotte
Intermediate

I found anthracite better, because brusched alu and shiny plastic silver pieces don't match.

But i prefer carbon insert, match with the bucket seats
Old 01-13-2014, 06:48 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lamarmotte
I found anthracite better, because brusched alu and shiny plastic silver pieces don't match.

Hey lamarmotte, don't get me started on those sport buckets!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:50 PM
lamarmotte
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Hey lamarmotte, don't get me started on those sport buckets!
lol
Old 01-13-2014, 08:41 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 91 Posts

Not enough of a difference to delay your car.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,303 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by lamarmotte

Exactly. This is something that is best seen in the flesh. The standard brushed aluminum trim doesn't really match the shiny (non-brushed aluminum) on the door handles, gear shift, and sports design wheel. The aluminum look trim is kind of shiny, yet still manages to clash with the shiny door handles, and is not as elegant looking on the dash trim, particularly next to red, black, and alcantara.

You need to see these back to back in the flesh which is why I flew to another state this weekend to check this out and several other GT3 options.
I looked at two GT3s within an hour of each other. Both had the deviated red stitching. One had anthracite trim, one had regular aluminum trim.

The anthracite was much more elegant and looked like it belonged on a high-end sports car. It reminded me a bit of a Ferrari interior. And it matched the colors better. The Anthracite blends really well next to the alcantara on the dash trim and the door.

As a side note, I think the anthracite is a must have if you order deviated red stitching as the doors look far better with anthracite and it does better job of blending the 4 colors on the dash.
However, if you order the full leather/alcantara interior without the red stitching, I don't think it's necessary to order the anthracite, and I think it looks better in standard brushed aluminum. Macca said the same about his standard full leather car.

Last edited by Drifting; 01-13-2014 at 10:27 PM. Reason: .
Old 01-13-2014, 10:21 PM
Road Racin
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Is the console trim anthracite too or the std silver? Can't really tell from the pic. Thanks
Old 01-13-2014, 10:25 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Racin
Is the console trim anthracite too or the std silver? Can't really tell from the pic. Thanks

It's Anthracite per other discussion in this thread or another (can't remember).
Old 01-14-2014, 02:37 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 448 Likes on 252 Posts

What about the carbon fiber trim? Did you see a car with that? I've tried pulling all kinds of photos and the gloss on them make it hard to see what what they would look like in person. The flash from whatever camera seems to always create a reflection..

Jeff
Originally Posted by Drifting
Exactly. This is something that is best seen in the flesh. The standard brushed aluminum trim doesn't really match the shiny (non-brushed aluminum) on the door handles, gear shift, and sports design wheel. The aluminum look trim is kind of shiny, yet still manages to clash with the shiny door handles, and is not as elegant looking on the dash trim, particularly next to red, black, and alcantara.

You need to see these back to back in the flesh which is why I flew to another state this weekend to check this out and several other GT3 options.
I looked at two GT3s within an hour of each other. Both had the deviated red stitching. One had anthracite trim, one had regular aluminum trim.

The anthracite was much more elegant and looked like it belonged on a high-end sports car. It reminded me a bit of a Ferrari interior. And it matched the colors better. The Anthracite blends really well next to the alcantara on the dash trim and the door.

As a side note, I think the anthracite is a must have if you order deviated red stitching as the doors look far better with anthracite and it does better job of blending the 4 colors on the dash.
However, if you order the full leather/alcantara interior without the red stitching, I don't think it's necessary to order the anthracite, and I think it looks better in standard brushed aluminum. Macca said the same about his standard full leather car.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:59 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The weave it tight--much more so than what you usually see on trim. I'm sure your local PCar dealer has an example on a car to show...

Quick Reply: Can someone post some photos of the Anthracite Brushed Aluminum option?