Dealership Allocation Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 03:08 PM
thejudge
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership Allocation Nightmare

Hello all,

Been on Rennlist for the last year non stop and this is my first post.

Last January, I purchased a 991s from The Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills. Wasn't the dealer I usually work with but purchased the car under the one condition that I be placed around the top of the waiting list for the GT3. The manager agreed, took my 5 thousand dollar deposit and off I went.

About seven months ago, they asked for my build, and told me I was first. Following up, a few months later, they gave me the entire production delay shpeel and I believed it because of everyone else experiencing the same thing.

After telling me, two months ago, that my build is locked, the dealer informed me yesterday that I don't have an allocation and he has no intention of getting me a GT3!!

I immediately emailed PCNA, but was hoping someone here can recommend the proper course of action in this case. Thank you so much in advance.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:09 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by thejudge
Hello all,

Last January, I purchased a 991s from The Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills. Wasn't the dealer I usually work with but purchased the car under the one condition that I be placed around the top of the waiting list for the GT3. The manager agreed, took my 5 thousand dollar deposit and off I went.

About seven months ago, they asked for my build, and told me I was first. Following up, a few months later, they gave me the entire production delay shpeel and I believed it because of everyone else experiencing the same thing.

After telling me, two months ago, that my build is locked, the dealer informed me yesterday that I don't have an allocation and he has no intention of getting me a GT3!!

I immediately emailed PCNA, but was hoping someone here can recommend the proper course of action in this case. Thank you so much in advance.
Who did you deal with at AG? I have a lot of bad stories about them...they are not what they were when they were Ogner...
Old 01-11-2014, 03:10 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Hello all,

Where is your $5k deposit?
Old 01-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,886 Likes on 972 Posts

If you have a signed purchase and sale agreement you have some leverage with PCNA. It may take some time and be a PITA but I've seen them help others in same situation.

Beyond that, I'd find another dealer and would probably do so regardless.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:29 PM
thejudge
AutoX

Originally Posted by JCBH
Who did you deal with at AG? I have a lot of bad stories about them...they are not what they were when they were Ogner...
Eric Schwartz - Unbelievably dishonest human being.

My 5K is still with them!
Old 01-11-2014, 03:33 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you have a Commission Number and print out with your info and build?
Old 01-11-2014, 03:39 PM
thejudge
AutoX

Originally Posted by JCBH
Originally Posted by 0Q991
Do you have a Commission Number and print out with your info and build?
No, they never gave it to me after repeated requests. Was going through a salesman, Eilon, whom I figured was my friend- multiple texts on a weekly basis. He kept stringing me along. Total nightmare. I even signed up for PDE in anticipation of getting the car. I'm outright disgusted and distraught.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Disgusting situation. I can only imagine your frustration.

I think you're taking the only reasonable action open to you, short of legal recourse, by contacting PCNA. I hope they can resolve this for you, and that Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills ends up with the black eye they deserve.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:05 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

No, they never gave it to me after repeated requests. Was going through a salesman, Eilon, whom I figured was my friend- multiple texts on a weekly basis. He kept stringing me along. Total nightmare. I even signed up for PDE in anticipation of getting the car. I'm outright disgusted and distraught.
damn, that's scary.. I'm gonna call my salesman now.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:42 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

You should have gotten a deposit letter from dealer, and you also should have hopefully a cancelled check or a credit card transaction. Either one of those would prove it, especially in court. My "premier" dealer took my deposit, gave me a receipt, but was extremely vague on allocations after I knew they already knew about their allocations. After I asked for a refund, it took a month to get it back. Last week they called me on their first allocation to potentially offer me a car someone else backed out on it, and still couldn't give me a sure yes or no, even though I wasn't on their list. They suck. I am on other lists with far better dealers. Always cover your behind with paperwork.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:44 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
damn, that's scary.. I'm gonna call my salesman now.
You should have been given a commission number and delivery confirmation sheet. Without those, you really have no confidence in the order.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 98 Posts

I believe the quickest way to get action is if you get a local TV station who have a trouble shooter reporter know what happened to you. If they get on it, the dealership may reconsider.

You might want to check with an attorney as well. I doubt very much PCNA will be of any help.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:54 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Should I feel like an amateur for only trusting my dealer's word and the proof of deposit from my Amex card? I haven't receive any paperwork, anyone else?
Old 01-11-2014, 05:01 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Should I feel like an amateur for only trusting my dealer's word and the proof of deposit from my Amex card? I haven't receive any paperwork, anyone else?
I'd ask him for the confirmation from Porsche. Just tell him it's for tax purposes.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:03 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Not surprised if the present market for a 991 GT3 (without being on an allocation list) is $10-20k over MSRP. The temptation to leave people with proper orders hanging would be proportional to this premium. Disgusting.

Quick Reply: Dealership Allocation Nightmare