Sponsored by:

First Real World Owners Feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 12:37 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTomGTA
Tires in the front same size as Summer tires and in the back 295/30. Those are homologated on the official Papers (same size as winters for the Turbo S).
I've got Pirelli Sottozero III N0 homologated, I believe there a Michelin Alpin in that size too as well as some Continental (apparently they're crap).
Nice – I get my car late January (in Canada) so I need some winter rubber for the cold roads. I didn’t think the 295’s would fit on the 12” rim, so that’s good to hear. Where are you?
Old 11-29-2013, 12:44 PM
TomTomGTA
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They fit, the difference in rolling diameter is about 4mm so no problems with ESP and other electronic nannies.
I'm Luxembourg, Europe. We have about 6°C in the day and -3°C at night, Winter rubber is mandatory here.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Guys. Thanks again for the well wishes. Awaiting an update on Ory this mrroning.

In teh meantime more feedback from first customers in UK below.

"Ok so just been out for a 1.5 hour drive. The car is incredible, no doubt about it. Best car I've ever driven including 12c/458 and I drove a 991 tts last week as well. Factor in the price and you have the bargain of the century! I tell you one thing, first time u experience a 9k rpm up shift u will be hooked! The RWS gives you massive confidence when cornering, very flat, whilst being very comfortable around town. My previous car was a 997 tts and this feels just as fast if not faster. You guys waiting on cars won't be disappointed, it's a winner."

"No, this version of PDK is finally as good as the one on a 458/F12, whereas previous ones have not been IMO. It's perfect."
Old 11-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,312 Likes on 2,453 Posts

Macca, best wishes to your friend. A poignant reminder that life can indeed end unexpectedly (hopefully not in his case) and prior to the average ration of duration, so we do need to make the most of every day we have. For me, that means focusing on those who're close to me - cars, driving, etc. are just icing on the cake, so I avoid taking discussions about the 991 GT3 too seriously. That said, the initial customer reports do sound encouraging and I hope I can actually get one if I decide to go for it.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,294 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Best car I've ever driven including 12c/458 and I drove a 991 tts last week as well. Factor in the price and you have the bargain of the century! I tell you one thing, first time u experience a 9k rpm up shift u will be hooked! The RWS gives you massive confidence when cornering, very flat, whilst being very comfortable around town. My previous car was a 997 tts and this feels just as fast if not faster. You guys waiting on cars won't be disappointed, it's a winner."

"No, this version of PDK is finally as good as the one on a 458/F12, whereas previous ones have not been IMO. It's perfect."
Sounds incredible. Waiting until April is going to be tough!
Old 11-29-2013, 03:05 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Macca, my wife and I also offer best wishes and prayers for your mate. The older I get, the more reluctant I become to venture out on public roads on any 2 wheeled conveyance. Lost too many friends both on bikes and motorcycles.

I also want to thank you for your many valuable contributions to our forum and wish you Bon Voyage on your journey to Europe. Hopefully your mate will improve during your trip and your joy can return.

Re the GT3, the brake light on the underside of the rear wing is a real surprise. My guess would be that it would break up the underside airflow pattern thus reducing the wing's downforce. Hopefully their aerodynamic engineers anticipated that little problem and taken steps to counteract it.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:41 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

First things first. Macca, best wishes for your friend. I hope he has the strength to pull through.

Second, winter tires on a GT3? Maybe I don't need a C4S after all... It sure is hard to pick either a GT3 or a C4S, if I could I would get both. All this talk of how awesome the new GT3 is is not helping either...

Last edited by DrJay; 11-29-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:50 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

One other option is C4S with the aero kit. It was fun but only lasted less than one year. It's the red one. You can put the kids back there too LOL.

Last edited by silverrules; 12-10-2013 at 01:48 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by silverrules
One other option is C4S with the aero kit. It was fun but only lasted less than one year. It's the red one. You can put the kids back there too LOL.
wow, that front bumper on the red C4S looks a lot like the front of a GT3
Old 11-29-2013, 10:41 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 552 Posts

What's the break in period? I'd imagine it is excruciating to put-put around until the first service.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:10 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

My 997 was a C4S with the Powerkit and AeroKit. If I get a 991 C4S it will have the Powerkit and maybe the Sports Design kit. I have no kids, only thing going back there would be the second and third girl I am bringing home...

All those options however make the C4S more expensive than the GT3.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:47 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJay
My 997 was a C4S with the Powerkit and AeroKit. If I get a 991 C4S it will have the Powerkit and maybe the Sports Design kit. I have no kids, only thing going back there would be the second and third girl I am bringing home...

More expensive but then again you get to carry around 3 girl friends
Old 11-30-2013, 12:13 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrJay

It would be silly to get a 911S with a Power kit and the Aerokit, instead of a GT3. Hell, I think it's silly to get a 911S with just the powerkit instead of a GT3.

The GT3 is an incredible bargain, compared to any performance options you could pick above a 911S.

Bargain compared to 911s with powerkit, bargain compared to 911 turbo.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:20 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macca
Guys. Thanks again for the well wishes. Awaiting an update on Ory this mrroning.

In teh meantime more feedback from first customers in UK below.

"Ok so just been out for a 1.5 hour drive. The car is incredible, no doubt about it. Best car I've ever driven including 12c/458 and I drove a 991 tts last week as well. Factor in the price and you have the bargain of the century! I tell you one thing, first time u experience a 9k rpm up shift u will be hooked! The RWS gives you massive confidence when cornering, very flat, whilst being very comfortable around town. My previous car was a 997 tts and this feels just as fast if not faster. You guys waiting on cars won't be disappointed, it's a winner."

Macca, all the best for your friend!

Very positive customer reviews, BTW. My time will come, one day, I reckon. Did receive an official (excuse) letter from Porsche Middle East with a centerlock-screen cleaner to keep a clean view / mind?
Old 11-30-2013, 10:42 AM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

More expensive but then again you get to carry around 3 girl friends
And we all know 3 is better than 1...

Originally Posted by Drifting
It would be silly to get a 911S with a Power kit and the Aerokit, instead of a GT3. Hell, I think it's silly to get a 911S with just the powerkit instead of a GT3.

The GT3 is an incredible bargain, compared to any performance options you could pick above a 911S.

Bargain compared to 911s with powerkit, bargain compared to 911 turbo.
Half of me agrees with you, the other half thinks it would be nice to be able to enjoy a Porsche year round in MN...

Quick Reply: First Real World Owners Feedback?