Sponsored by:

trim

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 09:19 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default trim

Configurator has had the brushed aluminum trim package -Anthracite, listed for some time, however, now (or at least first time I noticed) the color appears definitively darker; previously hardly a difference. If a colored key costs $300, what's another $325 for darker trim. Minds out of gutter please...

Has anyone seen Anthracite brushed aluminum trim in person?
Old 11-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

I don't think anthracite trim is available in the other 911 models and there are so few GT3's out there that finding one with anthracite will be hard at this point. I've seen a 991 with carbon fiber trim and I expect the effect with anthracite is similar; you're going to get a darker, monochromatic look to the interior. Just depends what you like.....
Old 11-23-2013, 02:44 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I think you're right that they changed the view of the anthracite aluminum trim in the configurator. They also improved several other 3D views too.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:23 PM
new GT3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although the configurator now shows a change when you select anthraicite I'm not sure it's completly correct. The description states that the center console trim and shift lever should also be anthracite in addition to the dash and door trim, and these don't change using the configurator. As Mike in CA states above you can look at the carbon fiber option to approximate the look as the center console trim changes when this is selected. I ordered the anthracite trim sight unseen and am greatly looking forward to seeing it when my car arrives near the end of the year.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:08 PM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by new GT3
Although the configurator now shows a change when you select anthraicite I'm not sure it's completly correct. The description states that the center console trim and shift lever should also be anthracite in addition to the dash and door trim, and these don't change using the configurator. As Mike in CA states above you can look at the carbon fiber option to approximate the look as the center console trim changes when this is selected. I ordered the anthracite trim sight unseen and am greatly looking forward to seeing it when my car arrives near the end of the year.
I will likely go with it as well. There is enough of a color tone difference, as well as, texture difference so that it will not appear monchromatic, imo.

I agree with the above by you and Mike, but find it interesting/annoying?!? that I cannot select Leather Trim Center Console ($300+/-) with Anthracite.

Viewing Carbon indicates the console trim will be also changed to Anthracite, however, when viewing the Configurator in 3D mode and expanding the interior view, you can see where Porsche may keep the center console brighter aluminum even when selecting Anthracite. As you stated, the description reads center console included, so Config is not up to date.

End of the day, I want Anthracite WITH Center Console Leather Trim. Total cost less than $625 and should make the interior much more refined with Full Leather and at the same time a bit more menacing.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:42 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,023 Likes on 478 Posts

I did it on mine...and I'm thinking thats going look pretty sick...
Old 12-18-2013, 02:09 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Not sure if this is right thread, and maybe question has been answered already.. But:

If you order the contrast red stitching, AND the leather steering column.. Is there then red stitching on the steering column?

For $3xx, if there was red stitching then steering column is pretty visible and it's a relatively good ROI (compared to Porsche crazy pricing). Couldn't see on the 3d configurator.

There is also another leather option (I'm not by my pc right now to confirm) which says there is additional leather on lower door panels but then I can't see the change in the configurator.. I'll look it up to see if anyone has any experience with thjs
Old 12-18-2013, 03:03 PM
tmg57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 911dev
Configurator has had the brushed aluminum trim package -Anthracite, listed for some time, however, now (or at least first time I noticed) the color appears definitively darker; previously hardly a difference. If a colored key costs $300, what's another $325 for darker trim. Minds out of gutter please...

I have it on my car which is sitting in Brunswick waiting for whatever. When I get it, I will try to get a good pic for you.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:32 PM
911dev
Drifting

Congrats and thanks!
Old 12-18-2013, 05:53 PM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmg57
I have it on my car which is sitting in Brunswick waiting for whatever. When I get it, I will try to get a good pic for you.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:43 PM
tmg57
Racer

Originally Posted by 911dev

Here's a pic of mine that rolled off the truck tonight. Not cleaned up yet, but you get the idea. Anthracite looks great to me.
Attached Images  
Old 12-18-2013, 10:57 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

With all respect to those who like or ordered anthracite, doesn't the standard aluminum tr match up better with the gearbox which Is also aluminum color? Why introduce another shade of metal color?
Old 12-18-2013, 11:35 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,303 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by tmg57
Here's a pic of mine that rolled off the truck tonight. Not cleaned up yet, but you get the idea. Anthracite looks great to me.
Looks great. So you got a guards red car with the red stiching? Please post about a 5 interior and 5 exterior pics as soon as you can.

BTW, Where is your car? I heard the first ones were arriving in California.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:37 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,303 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Not sure if this is right thread, and maybe question has been answered already.. But:

If you order the contrast red stitching, AND the leather steering column.. Is there then red stitching on the steering column?

For $3xx, if there was red stitching then steering column is pretty visible and it's a relatively good ROI (compared to Porsche crazy pricing). Couldn't see on the 3d configurator.

There is also another leather option (I'm not by my pc right now to confirm) which says there is additional leather on lower door panels but then I can't see the change in the configurator.. I'll look it up to see if anyone has any experience with thjs
I could see it on the configurator. Part of the labeled cost is specifically for the "steering wheel stitching", so even with leather wheel, you get deviating red stitching on the wheel
Old 12-18-2013, 11:52 PM
tmg57
Racer

Originally Posted by Drifting

BTW, Where is your car? I heard the first ones were arriving in California.
Brumos, in Jacksonville, FL. Best Porsche dealer in the U.S.

Quick Reply: trim