Sponsored by:

My order is in

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Dave C4S Cab
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My order is in

What a great surprise... Dealer called today with an opportunity to move up to a build with an estimated Jan 10,2014 delivery date and I just came back from finalizing the order.
I was originally scheduled for a 2014 4th Qtr build, now I'll be set for spring next year. Here are my options.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

All right Dave! Congrats on joining the impatient waiters!
Old 09-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Dave C4S Cab
Racer

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
All right Dave! Congrats on joining the impatient waiters!
Thanks Mike, I'm really excited about getting this car, can't wait for a track day next spring
Old 09-04-2013, 06:35 PM
ToyGuyAZ
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my call today for my December build. Congrats to you as well

In another thread people were talking about the no cost options we needed for Blue Tooth, something about an extra 12v source and maybe one other thing. I need to send over my build can someone list out that those options were?
Old 09-04-2013, 06:43 PM
frayed
Race Car

U do realize this particular vehicle does not have a manual transmission,correct?

Jk. I'm jelly. It's going to be epic!
Old 09-04-2013, 06:45 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Holy crap, how did you move all the way from Q4 2014 to January?
Old 09-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by ToyGuyAZ
I got my call today for my December build. Congrats to you as well

In another thread people were talking about the no cost options we needed for Blue Tooth, something about an extra 12v source and maybe one other thing. I need to send over my build can someone list out that those options were?
Congrats, ToyGuy. You need the Mobile Phone Prep option 619 to insure that your cell phone will work with Bluetooth in the car. As to the extra 12v source I think you're referring to the Smoking Package option 583. Without it you have an open cubby in the console. With it you get a cover over that opening and a cigarette lighter which of, course, doubles as a 12v socket.

Oh, and in case you want a leather steering wheel instead of one covered in Alcantera, you need to specify the Sport Design Steering Wheel option 840. And the extended range fuel tank option 082. All of these are $0 options.

Last edited by Mike in CA; 09-04-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 95 Posts

Something is going on with Porsche. I was originally told I had a second quarter 2014 build allocation. Today received a call that I now have a December 2013 delivery early Feb 2014. I had to have my order in today or tomorrow. Just completed it.

Mike, after an extensive discussion with my sales rep I decided not to get the PCCB's. Never get your money back from them and expensive replacement issues. The bottom line was that Porsche factory brakes are terrific certainly more than enough for my use.

BTW, I understand that option 619 populates automatically.

Last edited by Nick; 09-04-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:27 PM
ToyGuyAZ
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Congrats, ToyGuy. You need the Mobile Phone Prep option 619 to insure that your cell phone will work with Bluetooth in the car. As to the extra 12v source I think you're referring to the Smoking Package option 583. Without it you have an open cubby in the console. With it you get a cover over that opening and a cigarette lighter which of, course, doubles as a 12v socket.

Oh, and in case you want a leather steering wheel instead of one covered in Alcantera, you need to specify the Sport Design Steering Wheel option 840. And the extended range fuel tank option 082. All of these are $0 options.
Thanks Mike! I am in AZ but my GT3 is coming out of a dealer in CA so I'll be in CA in Jan
Old 09-04-2013, 09:13 PM
RobSpyder
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nick
Something is going on with Porsche. I was originally told I had a second quarter 2014 build allocation. Today received a call that I now have a December 2013 delivery early Feb 2014. I had to have my order in today or tomorrow. Just completed it.

Mike, after an extensive discussion with my sales rep I decided not to get the PCCB's. Never get your money back from them and expensive replacement issues. The bottom line was that Porsche factory brakes are terrific certainly more than enough for my use.

Wow Nick, that's awesome! Seems to be a trend right now? Are more cars being allocated or are folks dropping off the list? What number were you again at this dealer?
Old 09-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Dave C4S Cab
Racer

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Holy crap, how did you move all the way from Q4 2014 to January?
I think the person who originally placed this order moved on to a turbo S and there was still time for me to change the order to my specs
Old 09-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RobSpyder
Wow Nick, that's awesome! Seems to be a trend right now? Are more cars being allocated or are folks dropping off the list? What number were you again at this dealer?
Rob, I honestly don't know what is going on. My salesperson says those ahead of me dropped out. I was either number five or six.

I am suspecting some are willing to wait for the sports seats which may be available in the first or second quarter next year.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Maybe they have front loaded the production schedule. Who knows. Anyway, very nice Nick!

The PCCB decision is a personal one and I understand where you're coming from. As you know, my sales rep tried to talk me out of it too, but my Porsche friend at Weissach, a conversation with Hurley Haywood in Monterey, and various reviews by Pete Stout and others convinced me to go for them. From your posts it seems you turn cars over rather frequently. I bought my 3.2 Carrera new and kept it for 14 years; I think this car will be a keeper too so resale isn't a big concern. It's not that the standard brakes wouldn't have been great, I just decided I wanted the PCCB's. I get excited every time I see pics of them. And no dust! TEHO.

As for option 619 populating automatically, if true that's a change. It definitely didn't on my order and my rep had to check on it with Porsche to validate it was needed and then add it himself.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Mike, I am still agonizing over whether to get the PCCB's (I believe I still have a couple of days). Rationally, I say for everyday use the difference between the two brakes are marginal. Porsche has always had terrific steel brakes. Yet, those in the "know" swear by them. I concluded for my needs, steel brakes are more than satisfactory. Then again, I may change my mind tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:42 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Mike, I am still agonizing over whether to get the PCCB's (I believe I still have a couple of days). Rationally, I say for everyday use the difference between the two brakes are marginal. Porsche has always had terrific steel brakes. Yet, those in the "know" swear by them. I concluded for my needs, steel brakes are more than satisfactory. Then again, I may change my mind tomorrow.
Be careful with PCCB marketing. I wouldn't listen to Hurley Haywood. Him and his buddies at the Porsche sport driving school told my friend that they pound on PCCB all day long and never have to change rotors because they last forever. Fast forward 3 years later after my friend buys a PCCB equipped car, tracks it for a few days, already has worn rotors, and THEN gets a letter from Porsche warning him that PCCB will wear with track use. True story.

Quick Reply: My order is in