Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automobile Magazine - GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I put a 20k deposit down in Sept 2012 to secure one of the first RHD 991 GT3. Im not sure why people dont put down a deposit as its refundable and makes the deal more binding from my perspective. "Consideration" is one of the Cs of contract law right?

Of the four arriving in our country in the first delivery I know three of them will be used on the track within weeks. Not sure about the States however. Its summer in NZ when these arrive....

Expect the difference to be around 30K from what weve been lead to expect. For me an RS was never on my radar as its a bit bling bling and I need a multi task car. But if I were in the market I would have done what one of my buddies has done - He has one of the first 991 GT3 arriving and a deposit on the 991 GT3RS which arrives about 15 months later. The dealer has already given him a trade estimate on the GT3 (only 8% depreciation!) to swap over as long as car is under 10k km when the RS arrives. Hes going to receive his GT3 in Jan 2013 and his RS in March 2015 (date for RS yet to be confirmed) and will loose less than paying for the car on lease. The dealer knows that the last GT3 that will arrive in country will be around March 2015 in NZ so will beable to easily flick a used 991 GT3 at a good price. In total they are expecting to land 14-16 GT3 in total and maybe 9 RS.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:58 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

^ "consideration" in contract law, u r correct. but this is USA, and u deal with a lot of stealers. many will float ur money. u can sue, but cost too much. so they know u will not sue.

perhap ur country is better.
personally, I think my words are worth more than 20,000.
that said, noway in hell I pay 20,000 in deposit for that long.
most dealers aren't big businesses and really have no idea about flow of money. I have no prob issue them the FULL amount in SBLC. they will reject it. why? it's money shoud I fail to take delivery, but it's my money until they car shows up. don't take my money until product delivery. they have profit on each car sold, all operating cash flow, flooring cost, overhead is on them not me. the idea of deposit is a gesture. $500-1000. if thy can't trust me, why should I trust them?

no disrespect for what ur doing, but in USA, it's f'd up.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Mooty. I agree. Our NZ agent is owned by Sime Darby a large Singaporean public? company. They have Ferrari, Audi, VW etc here so very sold and in business for 20+ years.

I do agree it should be done on a handshake but I learnt long ago to seal any contract with money even if its only $500 (and get a receipt) as it formalizes the agreement later on if there are issues in court.

Its a shame the dealers cant just run a straight business. I believe the factory production schedule is probably full but the allocations in the USA that are still available are dealers putting names on cars that they intend to flip someone into later for premium as the media cry the car is so good and sold out etc.

In NZ its illegal and if caught dealer can loose their license like Rolex dealer selling on line. With only 4 dealers for 4 million people dealer doesn't want to loose his license as its not just to sell cars but print money down here...
Old 08-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Mooty. I agree. Our NZ agent is owned by Sime Darby a large Singaporean public? company. They have Ferrari, Audi, VW etc here so very sold and in business for 20+ years.

I do agree it should be done on a handshake but I learnt long ago to seal any contract with money even if its only $500 (and get a receipt) as it formalizes the agreement later on if there are issues in court.

Its a shame the dealers cant just run a straight business. I believe the factory production schedule is probably full but the allocations in the USA that are still available are dealers putting names on cars that they intend to flip someone into later for premium as the media cry the car is so good and sold out etc.

In NZ its illegal and if caught dealer can loose their license like Rolex dealer selling on line. With only 4 dealers for 4 million people dealer doesn't want to loose his license as its not just to sell cars but print money down here...
Old 08-04-2013, 03:11 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

^ yes, many dealers, my fav in particular....
will put fictitious customer names on cars they keep for inventory.
for a few quid more, the fictitious customer can suddenly become non-fictitious....
Old 08-04-2013, 03:38 AM
markow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buckets and rollcage RS

Originally Posted by mooty
^ yes, many dealers, my fav in particular....
will put fictitious customer names on cars they keep for inventory.
for a few quid more, the fictitious customer can suddenly become non-fictitious....
do you guys think that the RS will be available (maybe as optionals) with adaptive sport seats and without the roll cage?
was it like this with previous models or where bucket seats and the roll cage non-deletable?
just for the softies among us (am i the only one?) who want something more special than the standard GT3...
thanks, peter
Old 08-04-2013, 04:17 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Pete. Are you planning to replace your new 458 already?

You could buy the adaptive seats separate if you need to. The cage is bolt in I think and out and can be removed.

However the GT3 makes much more sense economically if you are going to remove the cage and strap in lunge chairs.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:52 AM
Anders
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by markow
do you guys think that the RS will be available (maybe as optionals) with adaptive sport seats and without the roll cage?
was it like this with previous models or where bucket seats and the roll cage non-deletable?
just for the softies among us (am i the only one?) who want something more special than the standard GT3...
thanks, peter
The 997.2 GT3 RS could be ordered with a Clubsport package delete option (I703). Buckets were mandatory though.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:01 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Heres some colour scheme testing likely going on in a GT3 for the RS. Maybe Frankfurt Sept?
Attached Images      
Old 08-04-2013, 05:03 AM
markow
Racer

Originally Posted by Macca
Pete. Are you planning to replace your new 458 already?

You could buy the adaptive seats separate if you need to. The cage is bolt in I think and out and can be removed.

However the GT3 makes much more sense economically if you are going to remove the cage and strap in lunge chairs.
thanks macca.
nono, the F458 is a keeper for two or three years. then it is either the end of the 991 gen 1 GT3 RS cycle or the beginning of the 991 gen 2 GT3 cycle, no?
love the 458 but the GT3 is really striking, if one can believe 50% of what the reviewers say.
if all the info that is available now on the GT3 was available 5 weeks ago when i made the final buying decision i would have gone for it.
nevertheless the F458 is a PHANTASTIC car.....
peter
Old 08-04-2013, 05:06 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Fair enough. If I could afford a 458 I would buy one too!
Old 08-04-2013, 05:19 AM
markow
Racer

btw, what i miss in the 458 is a gear lever. i liked to shift 'sequential style' in the M5, it gave more connection than the paddles (even in the M5 the lever shifting directions were right!!!). esthetically it is better not to have the lever but driving-wise i think you will like it in the GT3.
peter
Old 08-04-2013, 05:24 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I totally agree. I will drive the 991 GT3 with the gearshift lever as I will be moving between MT and PDK cars frequently and I find it more natural. Im not a natural paddle shifter. Im the wrong generation LOL! I tried a F360 a while back but didnt get on with the F1 system preferring the manual for that very reason (although I enjoyed the F1 shifting tc).
Old 08-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,311 Likes on 2,453 Posts

I put a 20k deposit down in Sept 2012 to secure one of the first RHD 991 GT3. Im not sure why people dont put down a deposit as its refundable and makes the deal more binding from my perspective. "Consideration" is one of the Cs of contract law right?
My dealer told me that the GT3 won't be a limited production car, if I want one I'll be able to get one, and if I give up my spot the wait for the next spot will only be a few months. So I figured don't put down a deposit, let others be the early adopters and order the car after others report real-world experiences.

Expect the difference to be around 30K from what weve been lead to expect.
I was hoping for more like 20K, but may be able to justify 30K, given that the RS will pretty much fulfill the requirements of a 'dream car' at much less cost than something like a 458.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:06 AM
tmg57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manifold
So I figured don't put down a deposit, let others be the early adopters and order the car after others report real-world experiences...

...given that the RS will pretty much fulfill the requirements of a 'dream car' at much less cost than something like a 458.
Good idea - until Porsche throws cold water on "the dream" by hinting at, or actually announcing, the "Next Greater Thing".

As you get the keys to your shiny new RS, the salesman will asking if you've heard about the 600hp flat 8 that will be shown at the next big show.

Quick Reply: Automobile Magazine - GT3 RS