Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 @ Goodwood Festival of Speed

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 09:04 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

A site had a candid shot of one with Georgia plates...on the street!?

Agate Gray. Also a stunner.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:58 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 385 Likes on 196 Posts

Awesome. Very much within expectations, with the added surprise of underbody aero in the engine area. No more exposed crankcase and headers that dent when bottoming-out
Old 07-14-2013, 11:16 AM
uhn2000
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
A site had a candid shot of one with Georgia plates...on the street!?

Agate Gray. Also a stunner.
Think this is what you are referring to.. stunning!

Last edited by uhn2000; 08-10-2015 at 12:14 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:38 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Wow, looks amazing with almost matching color for wheels

I wonder if that is the closest color to wheel color without doing some expensive paint to sample
Old 07-14-2013, 12:05 PM
tmg57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Wow, looks amazing with almost matching color for wheels
Sorry, can't agree. Agate is a beautiful color... for a luxury sedan. Not so much for a GT3. White, red, yellow, or maybe a cool PTS. Just my opinion, of course.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:52 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
^^Agreed. The car looks great in several colors; every time I saw it in a different one I was all, "I want that one!"
OK, I'm making a change too. Sent email to salesperson. Changing color from black to white. Changing headlights from black PDLS to LEDs, which on the configurator look grey-ish or platinum-ish. To match, deleted wheels painted black and kept default platinum. Wanted to delete headlight washers painted body color (to minimize the increase in price incurred by LED) but those chrome washers on the pictures above are the only thing that I don't care for.
While I still love the black, the car has many black accents, grills, mesh, vents, etc that show best with a contrasting color. I hope it ends up being a choice I like in person.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Gros Chien
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmg57
Sorry, can't agree. Agate is a beautiful color... for a luxury sedan. Not so much for a GT3. White, red, yellow, or maybe a cool PTS. Just my opinion, of course.
My wife and I saw a couple 991s Agate at my dealership last friday and we both had the same opinion.... this is not what you want on a GT3. I will try to do a Speed Yellow or Gulf Orange PTS. My first choice would be RS Orange but apparently PAG don't do this color anymore

Last edited by Gros Chien; 07-14-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:03 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by uhn2000
Think this is what you are referring to.. stunning!
regardless of color, that car looks remarkable.
For me:
White
Bk Full Leather
red stitch
red belts
LEDs
paint to match HL washer nipples (@ $142k what's another $295, and I hate chrome anything.)
Old 07-14-2013, 05:15 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
OK, I'm making a change too. Sent email to salesperson. Changing color from black to white. Changing headlights from black PDLS to LEDs, which on the configurator look grey-ish or platinum-ish. To match, deleted wheels painted black and kept default platinum. Wanted to delete headlight washers painted body color (to minimize the increase in price incurred by LED) but those chrome washers on the pictures above are the only thing that I don't care for.
While I still love the black, the car has many black accents, grills, mesh, vents, etc that show best with a contrasting color. I hope it ends up being a choice I like in person.
I think you've made a great choice, Sam. IMHO, white will show the nice details and lines of the car better than black. Plus, speaking from experience, you have automatically regained several hundred hours of your life that can now be spent doing almost anything besides caring for a black car.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:20 PM
tmg57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I don't think you'll regret the white and platinum combo. That's what I have on my 991S and it looks great. In addition, the platinum wheels don't show brake dust. If there is a problem with your color choice, it will probably be the most popular one. If you live in an area with a number of other GT3's, you may see some twins.

Originally Posted by Gros Chien
My wife and I saw a couple 991s Agate at my dealership last friday and we both had the same opinion.... this is not what you want on a GT3. I will try to do a Speed Yellow or Gulf Orange PTS. My first choice would be RS Orange but apparently PAG don't do this color anymore
Either Speed Yellow or Gulf Orange would be a great choice. I like the non-metallics for the GT3.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

SY is so much nicer than Racing Yellow (too much white & bright) IMHO.

I have gone white with standard wheels & LED lights and very happy with this combo (have lots of "real life" pictures now on the net to get a feel for how it will look under most lighting scenarios....).
Old 07-14-2013, 06:32 PM
CarManDSL
Rennlist Member

Received 350 Likes on 200 Posts

. . . . you have automatically regained several hundred hours of your life that can now be spent doing almost anything besides caring for a black car.
And since you have come to a final decision, not more hours fussing over the configurator!
Old 07-14-2013, 07:47 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

I think you've made a great choice, Sam. IMHO, white will show the nice details and lines of the car better than black. Plus, speaking from experience, you have automatically regained several hundred hours of your life that can now be spent doing almost anything besides caring for a black car.
Thanks, Mike. You are absolutely right, as I am tired of cleaning black cars. Most of the cars I bought in my lifetime have been black. And every single time after the purchase, I swear to never buy a black car again. Even in the garage, they get dirty. Then I look at them in showrooms and as a drug addict, I succumb to temptation. This time, I 100% agree with you about showing the car, just like the GR will

[QUOTE=tmg57;10610174]I don't think you'll regret the white and platinum combo. That's what I have on my 991S and it looks great. In addition, the platinum wheels don't show brake dust. If there is a problem with your color choice, it will probably be the most popular one. If you live in an area with a number of other GT3's, you may see some twins.

Thanks, happy to hear it from someone with that combo.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:48 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by CarManDSL
And since you have come to a final decision, not more hours fussing over the configurator!
Funny you say that but I was just checking the configurator, "one last time"...
Old 07-14-2013, 07:51 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
SY is so much nicer than Racing Yellow (too much white & bright) IMHO.

I have gone white with standard wheels & LED lights and very happy with this combo (have lots of "real life" pictures now on the net to get a feel for how it will look under most lighting scenarios....).
Totally agree with you. At least we are not likely to be confused as twins at the local track! I guess that is the reason they chose white for their launch car.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 @ Goodwood Festival of Speed