Sponsored by:

New Options in Configurator

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 10:25 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New Options in Configurator

Jumped on the web this evening and loaded up my configuration to review. Low and behold there were some new options added today.

So far I see the gloss black wheels and some additional leather, aluminum and carbon fiber options.

I'm already going with the:

18 way Adaptive Sport Seats Plus
Center Console Trim in Leather
Instrument Surround in Leather
Steering Column Casing in Leather
Additional Interior Package, Dashboard in Leather
Leather Interior Package with Decorative Red Stitching

Does anyone have a clear understanding of what the Extended Interior Package, Door Panel in Leather/Alcantara adds?

Is it worth wrapping the backs of the seats in leather also?

Is there any leather option that I'm missing that leaves a significant gap or large plastic surface that I'm overlooking?

Ryan
Old 06-28-2013, 02:02 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gloss wheels at last! Sweet. On nearly every test mule but unavailable till now
Old 06-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 954 Posts

Not a fan of gloss black. They need to offer satin black wheels. Much better look IMO.
Attached Images   
Old 06-28-2013, 02:21 PM
frayed
Race Car

Agree with Nizer. But such options are so personal.

I prefer the standard finish the most, though.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:31 PM
Sean in Texas
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Not a fan of gloss black. They need to offer satin black wheels. Much better look IMO.
+2

Satin would look great.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:38 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
Jumped on the web this evening and loaded up my configuration to review. Low and behold there were some new options added today.

So far I see the gloss black wheels and some additional leather, aluminum and carbon fiber options.

I'm already going with the:

18 way Adaptive Sport Seats Plus
Center Console Trim in Leather
Instrument Surround in Leather
Steering Column Casing in Leather
Additional Interior Package, Dashboard in Leather
Leather Interior Package with Decorative Red Stitching

Does anyone have a clear understanding of what the Extended Interior Package, Door Panel in Leather/Alcantara adds?

Is it worth wrapping the backs of the seats in leather also?

Is there any leather option that I'm missing that leaves a significant gap or large plastic surface that I'm overlooking?

Ryan
I did this.
Just add it to the configurator and view it in the 3D viewer pane.
Replaces the grey plastic backing and makes it look more "finished" IMHO

plain plastic....

leather....
Old 06-28-2013, 03:40 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Extended Interior Package, Door Panel in Leather/Alcantara®
Includes:
Covered in smooth-finish leather in interior color
- Upper section of door panel trim
- Interior door mirror pointer
- Door end trim

Covered in Black Alcantara®
- Lower section of door panel trim

also in the configurator, click on the (i) in the info columns that will open up another window with a picture (most often) and a description of the option selected.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:17 PM
frayed
Race Car

I think the plastics quality in the 991 is very good, and the biggest bang for the buck in terms of leather options is full leather, followed by extended leather IMO. The stitching and leather spanning the dash looks great, and this is what you see from behind the wheel, which, to me, is what matters most.

The additional leather options get pricey and leather goes in places you normally wouldn't see during driving (like seatbacks). Personally I'd skip the Additional Interior Package as well as Seatbacks, and the other tidbits on the configurator.

Since I'm doing guards red, full leather and red belts, I'm thinking about not doing deviated red stitching for a more subtle interior.

Not sure.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:50 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Originally Posted by frayed
I think the plastics quality in the 991 is very good, and the biggest bang for the buck in terms of leather options is full leather, followed by extended leather IMO. The stitching and leather spanning the dash looks great, and this is what you see from behind the wheel, which, to me, is what matters most.

The additional leather options get pricey and leather goes in places you normally wouldn't see during driving (like seatbacks). Personally I'd skip the Additional Interior Package as well as Seatbacks, and the other tidbits on the configurator.

Since I'm doing guards red, full leather and red belts, I'm thinking about not doing deviated red stitching for a more subtle interior.

Not sure.
My feelings exactly as that is my plan also.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:11 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by 991 3Turbo
Are you doing deviated stitching? Springing for extended leather or just the full leather?
Old 06-28-2013, 07:29 PM
Sean in Texas
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 41 Posts

Not sure.
Originally Posted by 991 3Turbo
Are you doing deviated stitching? Springing for extended leather or just the full leather?
I have a similar plan, but I agree that's a whole lot of red. I am torn because I really like the red stitching...and have considered going to white or GT Silver.

In the end, I will probably go GR, full leather, red stitching, regular belts, and white instruments. Satin black wheels if they ever decide to offer.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:01 PM
frayed
Race Car

I guess I'm so used to red belts in my track car that red (or yellow) belts seem natural in the GT3. I had yellow in my last GT3 as well, but that car was speed yellow.

I think red belts/stitching/dials = too much. Gotta give up one and for me I never liked colored dials anyway.

I recall that that the standard stitch had some deviated color anyway. Gotta swing by the dealer and look.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:17 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

I’m going Basalt or White exterior, Black wheels, Leather with Red Stitching, Black headlights, Axle Lift, Aluminum Pedals, Sound + Nav, and most of the free stuff (90L Tank, Mats, Net, Smoking Package, etc), and am praying I can add Sport Buckets to this list by the time I order.

In the past I have painted my wheels Matte & Satin black but I think glossy looks good on 911’s so will likely just do that so it’s OEM. Will get Matte or Satin Black track wheels
Attached Images   
Old 06-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

Now I am confused. I am getting white exterior with the basic bucket seats with the leather option. I thought that also included leather dash and deviated red stitching? I also will get the red seat belts with leather steering wheel.

I asked my dealer to inquire as to whether I can get the color center Porsche caps instead of the GT3 caps with the platinum wheels.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:38 PM
frayed
Race Car

On the configurator you can choose full leather in the seat option box, which will not have deviated stitching. Dev stitching is an upcharge that you choose with full leather, an extra $1490. Full leather has leather dash, but not the entire dash. To get that you have to add in some extra a la carte options.

I keep going back and forth on the alcantara v. leather wheel.

Quick Reply: New Options in Configurator