Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 video review by AutoCar

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 04:58 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

If that is the case, I respectfully apologize. If it was done in Irony, it certainly captured the essence of many of the detractors of the 991 GT3 who have judged it solely on the basis of their personal preferences and having seen photographs.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:05 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Sutcliffe knows his stuff. He and Harris are the best car journos in the UK.

And he handles himself like a boss, even when F1 hotshoes run out of talent while they're driving you around a track...

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHFkd8fgBFQ
Now THAT.. Says something ab his composure and personality more than anything. I would just suggest that whatever you WANT to think or dislike ab an inanimate object.. Like a gt3.. You don't go personally attacking this man.

I for one, find his enthusiasm infectious.. He is professional while never losing his childlike wonder.. Which is exactly how he delivers his reviews and brings us into the car.

I also enjoyed and smiled my way through his gt3 review.. These videos are for general info.. They aren't gospel.. If you want to have a valid founded opinion.. Wait to drive one yourself.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:36 PM
ktu
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why is there so much rejection to this guys review? HE' S DRIVEN THE CAR, WE DIDN'T! His thoughts and reactions are his, take it as it is! If he reviewed the new Corvette and said the Porsche was a better sportscar, instantly we would believe his review. I thought this was the forum for Porsche fans!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:42 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,279 Likes on 2,440 Posts

Originally Posted by Petevb
Steve is one of the best shoes in motoring journalism, period. This is a guy who was within a half second a lap of a pro on his second time ever in an F1 car:

You're welcome to your opinion, but saying he's "in over his head" and "has no idea what he's doing" smacks of ignorance, IMHO. "Autocar's finest driver" is how they introduce him on their mast head, and I'd suggest they are understating it.
Damn impressive. That means he's a better driver than just about everyone participating in these 991 GT3 discussions (including me).
Old 06-28-2013, 05:49 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by ktu
Why is there so much rejection to this guys review? HE' S DRIVEN THE CAR, WE DIDN'T! His thoughts and reactions are his, take it as it is! If he reviewed the new Corvette and said the Porsche was a better sportscar, instantly we would believe his review. I thought this was the forum for Porsche fans!
No. You are wrong. This sub-forum is not a Porsche forum. It's long been the 991 GT3 haters club.

There's a minority on the forum, myself included, who believe that the car will deliver the goods. And then some.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:52 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
If that is the case, I respectfully apologize. If it was done in Irony, it certainly captured the essence of many of the detractors of the 991 GT3 who have judged it solely on the basis of their personal preferences and having seen photographs.
It was. I'm a fan of the car. No harm, no foul.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:58 PM
frayed
Race Car

the 'stop having fun' comment was the dead giveaway.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:12 PM
GT3ZZZ
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
No. You are wrong. This sub-forum is not a Porsche forum. It's long been the 991 GT3 haters club.

There's a minority on the forum, myself included, who believe that the car will deliver the goods. And then some.
+1

This forum is worse than the Finsbury Park mosque for fundamentalism. Will all the idiots on here please crawl back into your 993/6/7 forums and leave members who are interested in discussing this car to have a sensible dialogue.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:16 PM
GT3ZZZ
Racer

Originally Posted by Nizer
He almost had that....not. Like the way he kept turning the wheel hoping something good would happen.
Dumb comment.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:18 PM
GT3ZZZ
Racer

Originally Posted by DrJay
Ok, I can tell you how all of his future reviews will go.

"This car is fantastic, great, best ever, etc..."

They can't all be fantastic, the best ever, great, etc... now can they? He may be a good driver, but he is not very good at sharing his thoughts with his viewers.
I much rather hear his thoughts on the car than yours. Primarily because he's driven it.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:20 PM
GT3ZZZ
Racer

Originally Posted by CRex
Best ever. Bargain. Fan-mongous-tastic.

What the flying f*ck is this idiot saying? I can't deal with journos speaking in superlatives.

That, and he completely lost me at "comfort". Buy a TT for that. Comfort is excess baggage, has no bearing in a purist car, is HUGE negative IMO. Akin to introducing an Upton-esque chick by saying she's great at ironing.
I can't deal in reading BS from idiots who haven't driven the car.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:24 PM
sidicks
Advanced

I don't get it - so many idiots hoping the car will be rubbish so they can say "I told you so".

The reviews to date confirm what many suspected - the new GT3 is brilliant and has moved the game on. A long way.

Sidicks
Old 06-28-2013, 07:34 PM
GT3ZZZ
Racer

Originally Posted by sidicks
I don't get it - so many idiots hoping the car will be rubbish so they can say "I told you so".

The reviews to date confirm what many suspected - the new GT3 is brilliant and has moved the game on. A long way.

Sidicks
Absolutely, the haters have really called it wrong this time. I'm pissing my sides at the Taliban on here who've not even sat in the car dissing CH and SS.

Looking forward to having the AP walk round in the flesh on Thursday.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:37 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

There were similar trolls on the 991 forums and the 981 forums. After the cars were around for a while they faded away. Its is like they are threatened somehow. I find it really weird. Do they think people who get the new one won't know the old ones are truly cool too?
Old 06-28-2013, 07:43 PM
GT3ZZZ
Racer

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
There were similar trolls on the 991 forums and the 981 forums. After the cars were around for a while they faded away. Its is like they are threatened somehow. I find it really weird. Do they think people who get the new one won't know the old ones are truly cool too?
+1

The zealotry and fundamentalism on here is breathtaking. Makes Iran look like the Netherlands!

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 video review by AutoCar