Sponsored by:

I Join the Wait Queue, Too

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 08:46 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
FWIW, I was just on the US configurator and I now can't locate the $400 Sport Chrono option at all; either of them! The $500 option to choose red or white dial faces is present but not the SC option itself. Went over it several times. Either I'm losing it or the configurator is still in a state of flux.
Believe it or not, it's under the "Audio & Communications" section under Options. It took me several tries to find it.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by jfr0317
Believe it or not, it's under the "Audio & Communications" section under Options. It took me several tries to find it.
Thanks. I couldn't delete my post fast enough. I already went back and found it.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:26 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi John. Sorry I didnt come back to you on this but it looks like MJones cleared that up.

The good news is launch control and dynamic engine mounts are independant of PCM+Navi & Sport Chrono. The best part is you can save yourself moneey and remove teh wart form teh dashboard with no adverse eefects.

It appears the centre lock wheels have been considerably improved and should no longer cause the angst they have the 997 folk.

So slowly as information comes to hand the detractors are settling down and all the "issues" real or otherwise are slowly being addressed by additional press releases.

I think we will all be surprised when we see the first road reviews and also the Ring time. As Ive said for 9 months this is a game changer...
Old 03-10-2013, 10:28 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Sweet, that is going to be a gorgeous build. Any rough estimate on build dates from your dealer?

Originally Posted by scb997
Well, I left a deposit on a 991 GT3 at my dealer this morning. This will replace my 2009 C4S which is my daily driver. I put a little over 20k miles/year on the C4S. So, by the time the GT3 shows up (maybe Christmas), the C4S will have over 100K miles on it. I expect to do the exact same thing with the GT3 – drive it daily, autocross a lot, and start to go to track days.

For options, I went with:
L6 – Amaranth Red Metallic
68 – Leather Interior in Black, Deviating Stitching in Guards Red
603 – PDLS
P13 – Automatically Dimming Mirrors and Rain Sensor
XYB – Aluminum Look Fuel Cap
346 – GT3 Wheels, painted silver
342 – Seat heating
810 – Floor mats
P07 – Adaptive Sport Seats Plus
749 – Leather Interior Package with Decorative Red Stitching
EGA – Carbon Interior Package
XHM – Center Console Trim in Carbon
490 – Sound Package Plus
640 – Sport Chrono
690 – Sirius XM with HD Radio
693 – 6 disk CD/DVD changer
P23 – PCM

I picked Amaranth Red having only seen the color samples at the dealership. It looks like it will be brighter than the Ruby Red of my C4S. The dealer has a Boxster coming in next month in Amaranth Red. If I don’t like it, I’ll switch to Sapphire Blue. Every time a dealer around me has received a car in Amaranth Red, it gets sold before I can get to see it

As far as PDK, this will be my first car in over 30 years without a stick. I get a lot of stop & go traffic in my commute. So, I’ll like it for that. Likewise, I’m sure that it will help me a little at autocross. I did get a loaner car (for 2 days) last fall with a PDK. I really liked it. I do expect to miss a stick on those weekend drives in the country. But, that’s a very small part of the time I spend in the car.

I did not ask for the front end lift. From what I can tell, the 991 GT3 is lowered about the same as the C4S with the Sport PASM – which I think is less than the 997.2 GT3. With the longer wheelbase and reduced overhang, I was wondering if it’s really necessary. If I hear otherwise, I have plenty of time to add it.

Let the waiting begin

Scott
Old 03-10-2013, 02:45 PM
scb997
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ajag
Sweet, that is going to be a gorgeous build. Any rough estimate on build dates from your dealer?
My dealer doesn't know, yet, what/when their allocations are going to be. Our best guess is that it will be a Christmas present.

So, the first thing that I'll be doing with it is putting snow tires on it So, it will be well broken in when autocross season starts

Scott
Old 12-03-2013, 07:36 PM
scb997
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I Have a Date!

I heard from my dealer, today. I expect delivery on 3/21/2014! That's a little better than the last information they had which was a "second quarter 2014" delivery.

Over time, I've switched to Sapphire Blue and added ceramic brakes, LED headlights, front axle lift, and the cell phone prep. I deleted the HD radio, the CD changer, and the aluminum look fuel cap.

I can't wait

Scott
Old 12-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Sounds like a great build. I think you were smart to delete the audio stuff and "aluminum" gas cap, and your adds will make the car special. Congrats!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:11 PM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!! But what's wrong with the Alu fuel cap? :0
Old 12-03-2013, 10:35 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by green
nothing.. just like there is nothing wrong with the "wart" of the sport chrono. We each form deep seeded attachment to certain ideas because we are really passionate about this car. you really can't go wrong.. unless of course you get a red car with yellow brakes.. everyone knows that's just crazy...
Old 12-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by green
Nothing, except that for $160 you should get a fuel cap made from real aluminum, not one with an "aluminum look finish" (plastic).

Originally Posted by CAlexio
you really can't go wrong.. unless of course you get a red car with yellow brakes.. everyone knows that's just crazy...
Now, now, Alex.....

Old 12-03-2013, 10:53 PM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, I thought the cap was in real Alu.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,303 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Nothing, except that for $160 you should get a fuel cap made from real aluminum, not one with an "aluminum look finish" (plastic).
Are you sure about that ? It sure feels like metal.

If not, it still looks and feels a thousand times better than the cheap black obviously plastic fuel cap that comes standard with a Porsche.

The look and feel of the things I touch on the car all the time, are very important. Leather seats and steering wheel, metal shifter, metal fuel cap.

Last edited by Drifting; 12-04-2013 at 12:26 AM. Reason: .
Old 12-04-2013, 01:36 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have it on my order as well. It MAY look like pic below but not sure. I posted the plastic one for a reminder
Attached Images   
Old 12-04-2013, 03:15 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by Drifting
Are you sure about that ? It sure feels like metal.

If not, it still looks and feels a thousand times better than the cheap black obviously plastic fuel cap that comes standard with a Porsche.

The look and feel of the things I touch on the car all the time, are very important. Leather seats and steering wheel, metal shifter, metal fuel cap.
The configurator describes it as "Finished in Aluminum Look". It's not aluminum. It's also not visible 99.9% of the time. Still it does look better than the standard cap, so it's just a matter of whether that's worth $160 to you. I didn't mean to be critical, but thought people would want to know what they're paying for....
Old 12-04-2013, 03:18 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
I have it on my order as well. It MAY look like pic below but not sure. I posted the plastic one for a reminder
The plastic one is more honest... It knows what it is... A cheap piece of plastic which has a job to do. The faux-aluminum one has an attitude.. $160/hr screw... No thank tou

Quick Reply: I Join the Wait Queue, Too