Sponsored by:

Give me your 2 cents on this move ... GT3 to F12

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2023, 02:29 PM
RyanSD
Pro

Received 290 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by strettyend
Just sold my F12 and am awaiting an F8 that should be heading my way any day now.

Had the F12 for 2 glorious years but in the end I could never quite get comfortable with the massive hood and steering feel. I'm sure I will regret some aspects of the ownership experience (sound) but I've never owned a rear mid-engine F-car so I'm excited to give one a go. The engine in the F12 is an absolute masterpiece and its hard to explain unless you have experienced it.

Note that the GT3 is staying in the garage however. Just can't explain how much I love that thing.
Sounds like you a good amount of time. Not sure the longevity of the V12 and reliability of the Italians. I miss my scuderia, but at the end of the day, the GT3/RS are less liability to me. I hope to experience either an F8 or 812 one day. Ferraris are fun and beautiful.
Old 12-12-2023, 02:36 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by strettyend
Just sold my F12 and am awaiting an F8 that should be heading my way any day now.

Had the F12 for 2 glorious years but in the end I could never quite get comfortable with the massive hood and steering feel. I'm sure I will regret some aspects of the ownership experience (sound) but I've never owned a rear mid-engine F-car so I'm excited to give one a go. The engine in the F12 is an absolute masterpiece and its hard to explain unless you have experienced it.

Note that the GT3 is staying in the garage however. Just can't explain how much I love that thing.
Youll be happy with the F8......once you get an exhaust

Last edited by Tombstone4478; 12-12-2023 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-12-2023, 03:14 PM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanSD
Sounds like you a good amount of time. Not sure the longevity of the V12 and reliability of the Italians. I miss my scuderia, but at the end of the day, the GT3/RS are less liability to me. I hope to experience either an F8 or 812 one day. Ferraris are fun and beautiful.
I had an FF with 40k miles on it and no major issues. The V12 is solid and as stated, an absolute masterpiece of an engine. If something major breaks, pray for your wallet though. It's gonna be expensive.
Old 12-12-2023, 05:26 PM
strettyend
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts

I had no issues outside of a leaky valve cover gasket which annoyingly was not covered under the extended Ferrari power warranty (no leaks covered). Otherwise no issues.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:02 AM
Borderdog
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 39 Posts

I've had several Ferrari's over the years and two F12's. You made a good decision sticking with the GT3. The F12 transmission is sluggish (relatively), the car feels heavy and the interior plastics quality is inexcusable (I'm looking at you sticky buttons). Personally, I feel like you buy a F12 for the stunning looks and the wonderful engine - not the driving experience. The 812 was a substantial leap forward and I do recommend that car; or, skip the grand touring Ferrari's and get a 458. Arguably one of the best cars they've ever made but still has maintenance and sticky button issues.

The other funny thing I noticed was that a lot of people immediately think you're a d-bag in a Ferrari and not approachable. Whenever I drive my Ultimae roadster I always get kids that want to take photos with it and people asking about it. Totally different interactive experience with car enthusiasts.

Last edited by Borderdog; 12-14-2023 at 02:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Give me your 2 cents on this move ... GT3 to F12