Sponsored by:

Looking for advice on gt3

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2023, 06:40 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,594 Likes on 2,339 Posts

Originally Posted by Watson
If the car is Porsche CPO and you have a DME report that you find acceptable, then why not.
If anything happens, you are covered by the Porsche CPO and you can still extend the Porsche CPO for a good number of years.
The price is in the lower range for a MT GT3 with that mileage.

If you really like the car, you may pull the trigger. The seller might not be inclined to do a PPI because the car is CPO and he did not drive it much so he probably does not want the hassle, barring the fact that he may also have several other buyers who may be happy with CPO and without PPI.
Input of Deven is good, make it easy for the seller to have the PPI done.
because there is none currently...
Old 10-11-2023, 06:40 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCviggen
It's only "CPO" until they read the DME and there's a bunch of range 6 over revs that weren't there 1000 miles ago... you don't know until you check.
this!
Old 10-11-2023, 09:08 PM
Porsche444
Rennlist Member

Received 549 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by markk222
Hey All,
just wondering what this group thinks of this deal. I have a 991.2 GTS and I was looking to get into a gt3. Have a potential deal on a 2018 Lava O. FAL, PCCB, 18 way with appropriate deviated stitching. 3 pedal car with 7k miles. MSRP was 185 I think. Here’s the issue, car was cpo in 2020 with 6k mikes. Current owner hardly drove it after that only about 1k. Car is one state and he’s in another so he doesn’t want to take the time to do a ppi or dme. Plenty of pictures that show no warning signs but other than that? Talked with owner and he seems to be the kind that thinks his time is worth more to him than anything else. Kind of a snobbish *** older gentalman imo. Deal is done at 178k. Not bad for todays market and still another year on cpo. What the thoughts as I’d be new to the gt3 realm.
Do this, call local Porsche dealers, ask if they will handle the deal, do PPi, you pay for it and also buy with CPO. My local dealer offered that to me few years ago.

if dealers won’t, then get your own PPI and enjoy it! These cars are beyond rock solid. But if seller won’t let you get PPI, then walk
Old 12-04-2023, 01:51 PM
signal_gelb
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

is this the car you were talking about? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-911-gt3-81-2/
it's getting relisted on bat
Old 12-04-2023, 02:29 PM
markk222
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts
Default LO GT3

Originally Posted by signal_gelb
is this the car you were talking about? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-911-gt3-81-2/
it's getting relisted on bat
Yep, same car. I actually took a chance and won the bid on it but it fell through do to the seller being an ***! Once the auction was over I was gong to drive down and pick it up since it was 4 hrs away. I need to move some funds from one account to another, asked if I could give him some cash as well, he agreed. He never sent a copy of the title over, called back and said he wouldn't take any cash and that I had till Monday to wire the money or he was moving on to the next bidder. Monday was actually Columbus day and banks were closed. E-mailed him back and told him there would be a delay do to that and asked him a few questions about the car, just run of the mill stuff you would bring up in conversation. He sent a rude e-mail back, saying he was done answering any questions and basically not to contact him until the wire was sent ( finally got a copy of the title, I think BAT insisted) He let it slip that there was a damaged rim and it was refurbished and when I found out that wasn't disclosed I started wondering what else might not have been. At this point red flags were going up so I told him I would use an escrow service and have funds released when I showed up for the car. He said he would not let me see it until the wire went through and refused the escrow service even with me covering the cost. BAT took over a week to reply, and they finally agreed to return my fee, but they restricted me until after this got relisted and ended. Now all and all, there may not be anything wrong with the car, I think mainly the seller was just pissed about such a low sale as BAT is bad at giving you a decent reserve. I did some digging and it looks like he paid high 190's for it, so I bet he thought it would still bring good money. He was a total ******* deal with, and now he commented about making sure funds are available before bidding, implying that I didn't. Kind of ticks me off as that indicates to other sellers that I might not be reputable should I decide to bid on anything. Lessons learned.
The following 5 users liked this post by markk222:
DSC48 (12-09-2023), Larry Cable (12-04-2023), mwill (12-08-2023), Sump (12-08-2023), vernontwg (12-08-2023)
Old 12-04-2023, 02:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

the world sady is full of assh*les like this ... sounds as though you were lucky enough to get a pass on this car... def.something not quite right about the whole thing!

Quick Reply: Looking for advice on gt3