Sponsored by:

LWB vs sofa in Speedster

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2023, 09:48 AM
Anu2g
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by GriffinFlat6
That is genius! May I ask how you had the button made to enable/disable? And do you have 3 levels of heating like factory?
Absolutely! We modified the ashtray to house aftermarket buttons (as well as a subwoofer **** for my custom box). Full build for that is here: https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-6097520

But, you could also just stick the aftermarket buttons on the side of the LWB near the height adjustment. There are only two settings on most aftermarket heating elements. If you already have heated 18-way seats and you're installing LWBS aftermarket, what I would do is order the OE 18-way heating elements and install those in your LWBS seat inserts; then you can maintain the OE heated seat switches. But if you didn't already have heated seat switches from the factory, I personally wouldn't go down the rabbit hole of adding the OE switches aftermarket, as those are controlled by CANBUS.
Old 08-17-2023, 01:14 PM
LAItalian
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

This will probably be an unpopular position.., I have owned a GT3 Touring for 4 years, I have the buckets, I drove it plenty on roads and track (over 10k miles) and .. They look fantastic and are great for track work, but to claim they are super comfortable I think is a bit of a stretch. They amplify the harshness of the suspensions and in traffic or long drives they become tiring.
Not surprising, they are race oriented buckets...i love the Speedster and one day I may buy one, for that car where there will be zero track work, I would definitely look for "sofas"
The following 2 users liked this post by LAItalian:
AdamSanta85 (08-17-2023), mattyf (08-18-2023)
Old 08-17-2023, 01:54 PM
jp884
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by LAItalian
This will probably be an unpopular position.., I have owned a GT3 Touring for 4 years, I have the buckets, I drove it plenty on roads and track (over 10k miles) and .. They look fantastic and are great for track work, but to claim they are super comfortable I think is a bit of a stretch. They amplify the harshness of the suspensions and in traffic or long drives they become tiring.
Not surprising, they are race oriented buckets...i love the Speedster and one day I may buy one, for that car where there will be zero track work, I would definitely look for "sofas"
I’m with you the LWB are not the most comfortable especially on longer drives. My lower back gets stiff and legs feel numb on 3+ hour drives. That being said, going with sofas for me would take away from the sportiness of the car. If I wanted a Cadillac I would buy a Cadillac😉
The following users liked this post:
mattyf (08-18-2023)
Old 08-18-2023, 10:40 AM
johnarpy
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

Love the LWB. Have Purple plaid inserts that really are comfortable. Isn't hard to get into and out with top down.
The following users liked this post:
Maverick787 (08-18-2023)

Quick Reply: LWB vs sofa in Speedster