Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine warranty closing soon! Keeping me up at night!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2024, 11:21 PM
TenForTheWin
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RDM2418
I bought them from a company called BAAN (www.baanvelgan.com) in the Netherlands (and they have a good relationship with Manthey). I bought the Manthey suspension, brake pads, lines, roll bar (which bolts in), and a set of the forged wheels. I’d planned to do the install myself - the roll bar looked to be the most difficult - but I got busy with work and it got hot in Houston, so West Houston Porsche is doing the install of all the items. Manthey has a suspension alignment and corner balancing tool that’s pretty awesome and I’m going to have them use that vs. do it at the race track. BAAN was super reasonable , and Hendrick has been great and answered all my questions and has a direct line to the folks at Manthey. He even found me the OEM carpet for the club sport package to use on the roll bar. Everything showed up via FedEx. I’m still waiting on the wheels, but all the other parts have showed and are at the dealer (initially the gold was a bit off, so Manthey redid them - so that’s taken a bit longer).
will you be fitting the manthey wing as well? I’m curious to see how the install goes at Porsche west Houston since it’s down the street from me. Thanks
Old 05-16-2024, 11:59 PM
RDM2418
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TenForTheWin
will you be fitting the manthey wing as well? I’m curious to see how the install goes at Porsche west Houston since it’s down the street from me. Thanks
No I didn’t do the wing. The car is still there but here are some early photos. The wheels cleared customs today and so I need to go bring those up there. You can see in the photos West Houston doing the Manthey corner balance. And one of the pepita cushions is installed. They have to install the 992 shifter on it. And I don’t see a good photo of the brake lines in what they sent. The wheels are gold.

Old 05-17-2024, 12:11 AM
TenForTheWin
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RDM2418
No I didn’t do the wing. The car is still there but here are some early photos. The wheels cleared customs today and so I need to go bring those up there. You can see in the photos West Houston doing the Manthey corner balance. And one of the pepita cushions is installed. They have to install the 992 shifter on it. And I don’t see a good photo of the brake lines in what they sent. The wheels are gold.
Thumbs up on the tasteful mods, I’ll drop by sometime and take a look at it. Im guessing most if not all 991.2 manthey package can be used for the 991.1. Not to deviate from the main topic at hand but it is good to see you are adding MR even as warranty is nearing expiration. I’ve been interested in the MR wing from rpm technik (from the 991.2) to color match the car so it looks oem + but nobody has done this. It may require the front end to use the cup lip (or RS lip?) to level out the downforce.
Old 05-17-2024, 12:26 AM
RDM2418
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 38 Posts

The 991.2 parts work on the 991.1 - no issue. I’m sure Jason or Cody will show you the car. I think it should be finished next week. I ordered my MR parts from the Netherlands - Baan Velgen. They were good in terms of telling me what works and doesn’t and had a direct connect at Manthey. The titanium roll bar was the coolest addition. It weighs nothing and I really like the way it turned out. I’ve not explored changing the wing. Avant Garde Collection had a 2014 GT3 with a duck tail that I thought briefly about doing - but I figured I’d leave the body work alone.
Old 05-17-2024, 04:47 PM
bruce987
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a 2015 with the F motor. I blew the motor at the track when it was only 2 years old. First off all 991.1 are PDK, you can't overreact them nor will you see any revs above 1. Porsche covered my engine. The dealership showed me the cost of replacement, $85,000 for a new engine. It was a new G motor.
The following users liked this post:
Crubbert (05-18-2024)

Quick Reply: Engine warranty closing soon! Keeping me up at night!