Sponsored by:

Strut noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2023, 05:55 PM
Captscrub
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Strut noise

I hear a metallic "*****" from the rear when i go over certain bumps. Like a raised manhole cover or the low curb at the end of my driveway. Not a major hole but rather a sudden change in elevation of the road. It sounds like a broken spring? strut mount? stabilizer link? Checked them all and found nothing. I have a 2018 GT3 PDK
Anyone else encounter such a noise? Thank you. in advance
Old 04-24-2023, 12:15 AM
WP0
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 159 Posts

Never heard such a noise, but if the sway bar is tight, and the coils look fine, then maybe the exhaust?
Old 04-24-2023, 08:06 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,602 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Captscrub
I hear a metallic "*****" from the rear when i go over certain bumps. Like a raised manhole cover or the low curb at the end of my driveway. Not a major hole but rather a sudden change in elevation of the road. It sounds like a broken spring? strut mount? stabilizer link? Checked them all and found nothing. I have a 2018 GT3 PDK
Anyone else encounter such a noise? Thank you. in advance
remember that the rear suspension includes helper springs, if you have checked your rear swaybar and the linkages are all tight, then it is highly likely what you are hearing is some movement between the main and helper springs - i.e normal

Quick Reply: Strut noise