Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with Exhuast combo

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2023, 02:18 PM
~Lefty~
Advanced

Received 115 Likes on 31 Posts

Big fan of the SOUL Center Bypass and factory mufflers. Loud but not deafening and can survive long term in the car for extended trips. Had the combo on my .2 GT3 & .1 3RS
Old 03-11-2023, 04:27 PM
Tugboat 996
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Lefty~
Big fan of the SOUL Center Bypass and factory mufflers. Loud but not deafening and can survive long term in the car for extended trips. Had the combo on my .2 GT3 & .1 3RS

OK. I am getting close to buying a .2 that is running the stock exhaust setup. How is the sound volume on the mini crack with stock sides vs. the SOUL Center bypass with factory mufflers? Any drone with either set up?
Old 03-11-2023, 04:37 PM
Xec
Instructor

Received 135 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Tugboat 996
OK. I am getting close to buying a .2 that is running the stock exhaust setup. How is the sound volume on the mini crack with stock sides vs. the SOUL Center bypass with factory mufflers? Any drone with either set up?
Both center options are great with stock sides. It will still be much louder than your average exotic with an aftermarket exhaust but you don’t have any issues with drone. Both options sound great and are the louder centers available (given the large expansion chamber and X-pipe designs in both). The Mini Crack is the loudest center bypass you can buy.
The following users liked this post:
AnthonyGan (03-12-2023)
Old 03-12-2023, 07:06 AM
homesauce
Instructor

Received 167 Likes on 59 Posts

I’ve been really curious about this setup as well. Can you follow up on this thread to let us know if this drones?

Originally Posted by JCviggen
Akrapovic makes a set of headers with 100 cell cats and titanium side mufflers. I snagged a used one but won't put it on for a while, I'm hopeful that this will take care of the drone issue with valves closed. If it does, it's the best of both worlds as you lose as much weight from this kit as from deleting the stock sides and they flow better too.
Old 03-12-2023, 07:09 AM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Received 1,570 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by homesauce
I’ve been really curious about this setup as well. Can you follow up on this thread to let us know if this drones?
Will do.

I'm pretty sure the sides aren't quite as noise restricting as the stock ones but they are of a reasonable size so I'm optimistic. Their 100 cell headers + sides + valved center muffler isn't hugely louder than stock apparently. Given that it's modular I can swap individual pieces and see how it influences the sound.
Old 03-12-2023, 12:30 PM
hashash
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 145 Posts

Will do.

I'm pretty sure the sides aren't quite as noise restricting as the stock ones but they are of a reasonable size so I'm optimistic. Their 100 cell headers + sides + valved center muffler isn't hugely louder than stock apparently. Given that it's modular I can swap individual pieces and see how it influences the sound.
i have the Akrapovic setup ; it is way louder than OEM and much louder than stock headers + stock sides and center muffler.
i have the akra headers with 100 cel cats + akra side mufflers and akra centre delete .
it sounds really nice 4k+ and is loud like race car loud .
It drones slightly from 2.5-3k .
but overall its much louder than OEM . The valves are retained but do very little . They just take the edge of the sound not really lower the sound.
i was thinking of either putting an Oem rear muffler or getting an akra one.

i had several exhausts before , i rank them in loudness
1- akrapovic
2- AWE switchpath
3- JCR silenced racepipe
4- JCR superlight centre delete

Last edited by hashash; 03-12-2023 at 12:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
homesauce (03-12-2023)
Old 03-12-2023, 12:33 PM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Received 1,570 Likes on 600 Posts

Yes with the center delete I can believe that but Akra make a valved center muffler which is of the same design as OEM and it is legal in EU/Germany. So it's not very loud or it would never have been approved.

Last edited by JCviggen; 03-12-2023 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2023, 12:38 PM
hashash
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 145 Posts

Yes with the center delete I can believe that but Akra make a valved center muffler which is of the same design as OEM and it is legal in EU/Germany. So it's not very loud or it would never have been approved.

yes mine is with the centre delete
Old 03-12-2023, 06:11 PM
homesauce
Instructor

Received 167 Likes on 59 Posts

Thanks @hashash . Interesting that it drones around 3krpm.

I had a Akra setup with headers and 100 cell cats, side deletes on my past 991.1GT3. One thing that ultimately made me move away from it was that the 100cell cats seemed to result in soot being blown out the tail pipe during startups. It would make my white garage walls black, and was wondering if anyone else ran across that issue?

Quick Reply: Need help with Exhuast combo